What's new

UK unemployment figures for different minorities (Pakistani/Indian/Bengali) pre and post COVID out.

I have many as friends. It was one of the biggest reasons I voted out and campaigned for it. Such a level of immigration was completely unsustainable in our small country.
We look after our own people first, that's what is is for me.
And why not i respect that labour was warned why they still let so many in. I was remain for the reason better the devil you know simple as that. I was worried our economy would crash and unemployment would go through the roof. Remember when we were young it was the European economic community that slowly became the European Union. It should have stayed the western European economic union and slowly let Eastern Europe and Turkey in when they got to a certain level.

I have worked in communities and met many Pakistanis from the northern mill towns who own their own business. From taxi stations, takeaways, restaurants, baber shops, Cash N Carry fruit and veg stores, Halal butchers, Asian clothing and Jewellery shops. Many Pakistanis also worked as taxi drivers, chefs, mechanics and in the construction industry (not sure if they are qualified).
Many Pakistanis also own additional properties which are rented. Pakistanis from the North are employed in more physical work, whereas Indian communities (Muslim and Hindus) are either teachers, opticians, dentists, accountants and work in Law or own their own business (corner shop). Brit Indians do have more education than Pakistanis.
Not interacted with African communities so unable to share my oppinion.

Last edited:
I believe that isolated incidents of racism do exist but the whole narrative of structural racism imported from USA is non existent in the UK. I open to being convinced otherwise. Being ethnic minority myself I know my parents experienced racism I however did not, From school to university to employment and everyday living, I have the same rights and afforded the same curtsey as any other person in my city.

If I wanted to blame some of my failures as racism to pat myself on the back - sure that would work too.
Most media personalities championing the cause make money out of racism, pick anyone of them, check their credentials for example my favourite on Sky News Afua Hirsch makes most money out of her published books - and what are the books based on - Racism.

Most of these act like my Phupho - taking offence and getting triggered at the slightest touch.

Most of the perceived racism they say they are subjected to will vanish, if they start behaving like civil people and leave their knives in their kitchens.

It is not necessary that you must have experienced racism as an individual for systemic racism to exist. THere is no longer legal racism in UK. 60 years ago they had clear signs "indians and dogs not allowed" so every indian (i m ean the indian empire of indians/pakistanis/banglas etc) experienced it. But now it is basically prejudice that is diffused all over and leads to poorer outcomes among minorities - which means some minority individuals may not even face any racism. This can be measured only through statistics. It is good that you havent experienced anything but you shouldnt summarily discount other people when they say they have experienced it.
There is research from the UK govt that shows the per capita income, education level etc of all these ethnic groups.

There is one for the US, see below

Who is most educated

View attachment 734539

Who earns what among these ethnic groups?

View attachment 734540
View attachment 734541

I have already said things are much better in usa- then what is the point of this? to trumpet tiny number of elite indians? we are talking about UK
You went to a northern town where it not so good . For the Indian punjabis and some Pakistani punjabi the pub was common they went for a couple of pints all the time same in my generation when I would visit from states and even now pubs are a part of life a lot of south asians are well settled we contribute to this country . I live in both US and here we doing great in both we earn money from peaches transport and catering and indian food . Gujratis are well educated and great in buisness. Some of us are **** ups at school but I had a choice at 18 after being kicked out of continuation school Drive a truck go back to school or get out the house I chose the truck . And I dont like to generalise but gujratis one are strict in no drinking and not known for doing that The pub is for punjabis even in my dads time common . My mom would hate it when my dad came back from the pub because his jacket smelled of cigarettes smoke . I will admit our moms were not integrated some did not even know english after decades here and drink and pubs really caused problem within the Sikh community it has killed so many or made lives hell because of domestic violence it caused seen it many times . In the states it was more home drinking my dad missed the pub a lot

Intersting - did he go to pubs in london with mixed background ? i went to south places like crawley/brighton where there are a smattering of wealthy indians but remain invisible in generally all places where white birts socialize.

It is not necessary that you must have experienced racism as an individual for systemic racism to exist. THere is no longer legal racism in UK. 60 years ago they had clear signs "indians and dogs not allowed" so every indian (i m ean the indian empire of indians/pakistanis/banglas etc) experienced it. But now it is basically prejudice that is diffused all over and leads to poorer outcomes among minorities - which means some minority individuals may not even face any racism. This can be measured only through statistics. It is good that you havent experienced anything but you shouldnt summarily discount other people when they say they have experienced it.

I have already said things are much better in usa- then what is the point of this? to trumpet tiny number of elite indians? we are talking about UK

Intersting - did he go to pubs in london with mixed background ? i went to south places like crawley/brighton where there are a smattering of wealthy indians but remain invisible in generally all places where white birts socialize.
No, we were in kent he went to a pub at the end of the road with his Punjabis workmates a few were Punjabi Muslims. My cha cha who was younger went with his Punjabi Muslim best mate and couple of kids from school they went to school for few years.They went all over They would get in punch ups often racism being the cause arrested a few times ending when they both got sent down for 5 years I think they served 2 and half or three years because they went to school they were more intergrated and he loved rock led zeppelin being his favorite band and started my love for rock and led zep

I will say when i went to school after moving to states i felt so much less racism and more like i belonged being called the p word always having fights made me hate brits only as a adult i started loving this country . I felt more like i belonged in the states it my home but the uk a great place has changed so much

Last edited:
No, we were in kent he went to a pub at the end of the road with his Punjabis workmates a few were Punjabi Muslims. My cha cha who was younger went with his Punjabi Muslim best mate and couple of kids from school they went to school for few years.They went all over They would get in punch ups often racism being the cause arrested a few times ending when they both got sent down for 5 years I think they served 2 and half or three years because they went to school they were more intergrated and he loved rock led zeppelin being his favorite band and started my love for rock and led zep

I will say when i went to school after moving to states i felt so much less racism and more like i belonged being called the p word always having fights made me hate brits only as a adult i started loving this country . I felt more like i belonged in the states it my home but the uk a great place has changed so much

Very interesting. well i am glad you were able to overcome all that you went through as kid and your parents/relatives went through themselves and now adjust well to UK. do you think p word is no longer used and kids (not in ethnic enclaves of london or birmingham etc) no longer have to face that ?

Very interesting. well i am glad you were able to overcome all that you went through as kid and your parents/relatives went through themselves and now adjust well to UK. do you think p word is no longer used and kids (not in ethnic enclaves of london or birmingham etc) no longer have to face that ?
My kids go to school in the US but I was with my cousins boy and i asked him how many times he been called the p-word he is ten. He told me it happened once and i asked if he smashed him he said he pushed him down. The kids now their parents have grown up with South Asians and blacks so it has calmed down massively. When I went to school the parents of my classmates were brought up in a white Britain so they had more racist views.

In most urban areas the racism is gone. When I was at school nobody dared call us anything - they'd have got jumped outside school for sure if not in school.

I worry for this skinny jeans generation. They're too quick to jump to thier phones to document racism and not quick enough to end it with thier fists.

The racism certainly resurfaces when the goray are drunk. Taxi drivers and takeaway workers will tell you.

In most urban areas the racism is gone. When I was at school nobody dared call us anything - they'd have got jumped outside school for sure if not in school.

I worry for this skinny jeans generation. They're too quick to jump to thier phones to document racism and not quick enough to end it with thier fists.

The racism certainly resurfaces when the goray are drunk. Taxi drivers and takeaway workers will tell you.
Some used to tell my dad he wrong to reward us for not let anyone call us racist names and reward fighting . Best thing he did he knew what he was doing i did it with my kids and my nephews never be bullied never be a bully . Jatt de putt dont come home after not standing up for themselves one of the lines my cha cha would say . Got kicked out of school here thought i get beating after my dad got me in car after school meeting all way home i was expecting it never happened

The thing is racism is racism. You might argue that p word is used 10 times less than before but it might cause 10 times more harm or people are 10 times more sensitive than before so the effect remains same.
But anyhow i beleive i defnitely had a more dim view than is actually warranted. When i was there the P word flew left right and center especially on friday and saturday nights with the drunkeness and this was barely 15 years back.

Jatt de putt dont come home after not standing up for themselves one of the lines my cha cha would say

Haha Damn right! Heard that one before!

Used to get told if I come home after getting a beating I'll get another one at home... It sounded unsupportive but it makes you resilient.

The thing is racism is racism. You might argue that p word is used 10 times less than before but it might cause 10 times more harm or people are 10 times more sensitive than before so the effect remains same.
But anyhow i beleive i defnitely had a more dim view than is actually warranted. When i was there the P word flew left right and center especially on friday and saturday nights with the drunkeness and this was barely 15 years back.
I used to love only fools and horses and I was watching it once and the two brothers needed something and the older brother del boy tell his younger brother rodney to

Rodney run down the p word shop and grab this thing they needed. It was a weird feeling you had programmes that threw these words around but not this one . It is better now but it still about in the homes mostly but some are feeling more confident of throwing it about . Its they trying to take over we protecting british values and or you ok you ain't like the rest of them I've had that a few times. Even saw a sikh with Tony Robinson once that pissed me of more then I been in a while . But I still believe free speech should be protected if you not threatening me call me what you want . Better in open then bubbling away and parents should at least teach their kids to not take it rather then telling them to tell the teacher

Haha Damn right! Heard that one before!

Used to get told if I come home after getting a beating I'll get another one at home... It sounded unsupportive but it makes you resilient.
Same here come home after beating my door is closed

Back
Top Bottom