What's new

UK unemployment figures for different minorities (Pakistani/Indian/Bengali) pre and post COVID out.

Some interesting data for different ethnic groups pre and during COVID.

View attachment 733422

In terms of groups black folk do the worst, then it's Pakistanis, Bengalis with Indians coming out tops.

During Covid Indians got hit quite hard, I'm not sure why that is considering not that many work in the gig economy, which was disproportionally affected by Covid.
Pakistanis didn't see much change as many are self-employed.
Black folks saw their percentage rise even higher to quite alarming levels.

View attachment 733424

Black people have the highest rate of unemployment across all age ranges.
Pakistanis have a big issue with youth unemployment, but it levels out with the more successful Indian and white groups at higher ages i.e. 25 and above.

View attachment 733425

Pakistani and Bengali females have the highest rate, which seems to indicate we still have this cultural angle i.e. stay at home mums.

Taken from;

You said - Pakistani and Bengali females have the highest rate, which seems to indicate we still have this cultural angle i.e. stay at home mums.

I think stay-at-home mums are not a part of those ' unemployed' numbers because they would not be counted as folks looking for a job i.e. unemployment numbers are among those who are actively seeking employment.

My observations when in UK led me to a very dim assessment of race relations in UK especially when compared to us where they are far better .

When i was in halifax/bradford i saw pakistanis driving taxis for two generations and in some cases even three generations with no upward mobility at all. And there is nothing wrong with these pakistanis - they are solid family men who wont touch alcohol or abandon wives or children. what explains the plight ?

I don't accept Indians are "well settled". A tiny few maybe wealthy but well settled is far too low i think. I asked one gujrati young guy who was bought up there and somewhat wealthy due to his father owning businesses - how is UK? he said its great and all . Then i asked him if he ever went to local pub. He gave me a scared look and said he never went. How can you be "well settled" when you are intimidated to walk in to local pub ? when i went to these pubs i dont recollect a single south asian guy hanging around.

All this talk about single parenthood in blacks is way exaggerated. Brit whites too divorce like anything, get high, muck around have tons of sex and dont seem to face any of the poor outcomes blacks seem to.

I could be wrong in the sense in the brief time i spent my observations were limited . But this is what i noticed.
You went to a northern town where it not so good . For the Indian punjabis and some Pakistani punjabi the pub was common they went for a couple of pints all the time same in my generation when I would visit from states and even now pubs are a part of life a lot of south asians are well settled we contribute to this country . I live in both US and here we doing great in both we earn money from peaches transport and catering and indian food . Gujratis are well educated and great in buisness. Some of us are **** ups at school but I had a choice at 18 after being kicked out of continuation school Drive a truck go back to school or get out the house I chose the truck . And I dont like to generalise but gujratis one are strict in no drinking and not known for doing that The pub is for punjabis even in my dads time common . My mom would hate it when my dad came back from the pub because his jacket smelled of cigarettes smoke . I will admit our moms were not integrated some did not even know english after decades here and drink and pubs really caused problem within the Sikh community it has killed so many or made lives hell because of domestic violence it caused seen it many times . In the states it was more home drinking my dad missed the pub a lot

What I cannot understand is how the Black community is so far behind the others. Racism cannot be the only reason - there has to be more otherwise all minority figures should and would be similar.
Well it can be argued that racism that black people face is far more than other minority groups, well atleast what the media makes us believe. I guess not the only factor but a very significant one.

My observations when in UK led me to a very dim assessment of race relations in UK especially when compared to us where they are far better .

When i was in halifax/bradford i saw pakistanis driving taxis for two generations and in some cases even three generations with no upward mobility at all. And there is nothing wrong with these pakistanis - they are solid family men who wont touch alcohol or abandon wives or children. what explains the plight ?

I don't accept Indians are "well settled". A tiny few maybe wealthy but well settled is far too low i think. I asked one gujrati young guy who was bought up there and somewhat wealthy due to his father owning businesses - how is UK? he said its great and all . Then i asked him if he ever went to local pub. He gave me a scared look and said he never went. How can you be "well settled" when you are intimidated to walk in to local pub ? when i went to these pubs i dont recollect a single south asian guy hanging around.

All this talk about single parenthood in blacks is way exaggerated. Brit whites too divorce like anything, get high, muck around have tons of sex and dont seem to face any of the poor outcomes blacks seem to.

I could be wrong in the sense in the brief time i spent my observations were limited . But this is what i noticed.

There is research from the UK govt that shows the per capita income, education level etc of all these ethnic groups.

There is one for the US, see below

Who is most educated

1618544789664.png

Who earns what among these ethnic groups?

1618544862077.png

1618545040539.png

There is research from the UK govt that shows the per capita income, education level etc of all these ethnic groups.

There is one for the US, see below

Who is most educated

View attachment 734539

Who earns what among these ethnic groups?

View attachment 734540
View attachment 734541

pakistani doctors are dominant group in UK and US , why pakistan does not figure in above survey ?

I could be wrong in the sense in the brief time i spent my observations were limited . But this is what i
pakistani doctors are dominant group in UK and US , why pakistan does not figure in above survey ?
There is a massive underclass of whites mate the what we call chavs scummers single parent mothers who's kids the state pays for . Generational work shyness blame it on eastern Europeans before that it was us racist but some good aswell but they dont work . We hire them knowing the wont handle more then a few weeks or asking to fill form in to say they asked for work dont want to work to many hours or it will effect their tax credits . I even had one ask for a wake up every day for 10 o clock you did not get the insight you get by living here

There is a lot of pakistani doctors dont know if dominant I've had a Pakistani and Sri lanksn now he from west Africa and great . My MP is of pakistani descent and a good man lot of doctors I seen from kerala also that I seen . Never had a english doctor

Asian doctors are dominant in the US but not pakistanis. There are a lot more Indian and Chinese origin doctors over any other Asian country

Well it can be argued that racism that black people face is far more than other minority groups, well atleast what the media makes us believe. I guess not the only factor but a very significant one.
I believe that isolated incidents of racism do exist but the whole narrative of structural racism imported from USA is non existent in the UK. I open to being convinced otherwise. Being ethnic minority myself I know my parents experienced racism I however did not, From school to university to employment and everyday living, I have the same rights and afforded the same curtsey as any other person in my city.

If I wanted to blame some of my failures as racism to pat myself on the back - sure that would work too.
Most media personalities championing the cause make money out of racism, pick anyone of them, check their credentials for example my favourite on Sky News Afua Hirsch makes most money out of her published books - and what are the books based on - Racism.

Most of these act like my Phupho - taking offence and getting triggered at the slightest touch.

Most of the perceived racism they say they are subjected to will vanish, if they start behaving like civil people and leave their knives in their kitchens.

Some interesting data for different ethnic groups pre and during COVID.

View attachment 733422

In terms of groups black folk do the worst, then it's Pakistanis, Bengalis with Indians coming out tops.

During Covid Indians got hit quite hard, I'm not sure why that is considering not that many work in the gig economy, which was disproportionally affected by Covid.
Pakistanis didn't see much change as many are self-employed.
Black folks saw their percentage rise even higher to quite alarming levels.

View attachment 733424

Black people have the highest rate of unemployment across all age ranges.
Pakistanis have a big issue with youth unemployment, but it levels out with the more successful Indian and white groups at higher ages i.e. 25 and above.

View attachment 733425

Pakistani and Bengali females have the highest rate, which seems to indicate we still have this cultural angle i.e. stay at home mums.

Taken from;

Why gora unemployment so high bro?? Is it cuz they are majority hence higher number?
Not in our house. We all started working in our teens during college and uni. If you're paying for your grown up kids to go out with their mates you're failing them in my opinion. It helped us understand how money is earnt and what shit minimum wage lives awaited us if we didn't succeed academically.
Went through a similar metamorphosis my friend. It really is eye opening. Here in U.S higher education sucks but is still expensive.

You said - Pakistani and Bengali females have the highest rate, which seems to indicate we still have this cultural angle i.e. stay at home mums.

I think stay-at-home mums are not a part of those ' unemployed' numbers because they would not be counted as folks looking for a job i.e. unemployment numbers are among those who are actively seeking employment.

That would be the case. The thing is that many don't fill out LFS forms, don't fill out paperwork and generally fall through the cracks in the system.
Why gora unemployment so high bro?? Is it cuz they are majority hence higher number?

It's the second lowest bro, but it doesn't reflect what happens with working class white folk.

That would be the case. The thing is that many don't fill out LFS forms, don't fill out paperwork and generally fall through the cracks in the system.

It's the second lowest bro, but it doesn't reflect what happens with working class white folk.
There is a massive underclass of working-class whites its got worse. It went really bad when these zero hour contracts came in and the lack of apprenticeships compared with before. The security of being in a permanent job by which I mean paid holidays days off paid and some job security that changed the whole landscape add the price of houses it just pilled on pressure. Unions did get out of hand but this the result of a lack of unions. My dad's cousin drove a train he got a final salary pension and could not be sacked just like that because his union ASLEF was so strong but when the law changed and you did not have to be a union cardholder to drive a train they lost the final salary pension and other benefits for new train drivers my dad's cousin lucky he had grandfather rights but he hates the drivers that choose not to be union members . Unions are important and got the benefits many enjoy in a paye job

There is a massive underclass of working-class whites its got worse. It went really bad when these zero hour contracts came in and the lack of apprenticeships compared with before. The security of being in a permanent job by which I mean paid holidays days off paid and some job security that changed the whole landscape add the price of houses it just pilled on pressure. Unions did get out of hand but this the result of a lack of unions. My dad's cousin drove a train he got a final salary pension and could not be sacked just like that because his union ASLEF was so strong but when the law changed and you did not have to be a union cardholder to drive a train they lost the final salary pension and other benefits for new train drivers my dad's cousin lucky he had grandfather rights but he hates the drivers that choose not to be union members . Unions are important and got the benefits many enjoy in a paye job

Yes, I'd also add mass influxes of EU migrants has also kept the wage artificially at the minimum wage for most lower skilled workers, which impacted the white working class.
I agree with your point about unions. The erosion of unions has come at a great cost to workers.

Yes, I'd also add mass influxes of EU migrants has also kept the wage artificially at the minimum wage for most lower skilled workers, which impacted the white working class.
I agree with your point about unions. The erosion of unions has come at a great cost to workers.
So true i have friends who skilled workmen like carpenters and bricklayers whose wages are what they were nearly twenty years ago because skilled eastern European migrants have flooded the market . They not racists or they would not be my mates but could not express their plight because they would-be labeled racists. That mass influx was one of the main reasons the out campaign won . I was in the remain camp but I could see the point of view

So true i have friends who skilled workmen like carpenters and bricklayers whose wages are what they were nearly twenty years ago because skilled eastern European migrants have flooded the market . They not racists or they would not be my mates but could not express their plight because they would-be labeled racists. That mass influx was one of the main reasons the out campaign won . I was in the remain camp but I could see the point of view

I have many as friends. It was one of the biggest reasons I voted out and campaigned for it. Such a level of immigration was completely unsustainable in our small country.
We look after our own people first, that's what is is for me.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom