What's new

UK to block all online **** by default later this year

Finally some government that wants to think of some form of morality!
Just like we protect our families by moving away bad neighborhoods, similar facilities must be available with internet too. If people want to see ****, let them step up to be identified and pay substantial dough like what the smokers do.

It's a good move, especially since the children factor exists, but I think it will be challenged.

Don't worry you just have to give them a phone call and ask them to unblock the honey material... That's it :D

Or never change your broadband connection again to enjoy uninterrupted.

Yeah... But the social inhibitions would prevent people from requesting it. Moreover say some celebrity wants to enable it, imagine he or she calling their ISP and asking it to be enabled... It will be tabloid news the very next day.

It's not practical for free societies.

Awesome!

We need a system like this in Pakistan too, this is ruining the moral fabric of the society.

Perhaps, a system like this may also reduce rape in neighbouring countries too :)

Any house with a kid should have it enabled via a simple switch on the router with a mandatory soft-firewall built into it, updated online on a regular basis. Kids need to be protected till they are old enough to understand life (14 - 16)..

By default option? No. no one would call... imagine a husband calls, wife may question and vice versa. Unnecessary complications.

It's a good move, especially since the children factor exists, but I think it will be challenged.

Yeah... But the social inhibitions would prevent people from requesting it. Moreover say some celebrity wants to enable it, imagine he or she calling their ISP and asking it to be enabled... It will be tabloid news the very next day.

I think they will gradually give you the control over such settings by logging in to your broadband control panel and checking/ticking off those boxes to enable or disable filtration process. It's should be easy to do it and all the parents will have access to it so that when they want they just switch it off and their children's can't access it anymore.

Yes it will be a tabloid but I am sure they must have given a thought about the privacy so only more details can elaborate it further. I think in UK, you mostly set the password when you speak to your broadband or telephone provider for the first time and then when you want to speak to them, you just tell the secret answer or password and get going. You don't have to reveal your identity in public, hence lesser chances of individual's recognition.

Awesome!

We need a system like this in Pakistan too, this is ruining the moral fabric of the society.

Perhaps, a system like this may also reduce rape in neighbouring countries too :)

A system like this is already implemented in Pakistan.

Celebs don't watch **** Awesome, they do it in real time!!!:D

Awesome!

it has not reduced rape in pakistan, even after blocking.. :cheers:
what happened to 60000 site that a pakistani researched... :yay:

A system like this is already implemented in Pakistan.

Celebs don't watch **** Awesome, they do it in real time!!!:D
how would you know you are doing it right... I use it mostly for my own educational purpose :smokin:

how would you know you are doing it right... I use it mostly for my own educational purpose :smokin:

It got in the news...and anyways, since youtube and a couple of gossip sites are blocked, **** sites would be blocked too.

As a test case, I'll check right now.:D

May be then the **** lovers will switch to ******** or other p2p sharing, in internet nothing can be locked if the way is known

it has not reduced rape in pakistan, even after blocking.. :cheers:
what happened to 60000 site that a pakistani researched... :yay:

Well people are waiting to release their findings online...... People are tired of google these days.....

Back
Top Bottom