What's new

UK rights activist to move ICJ over Indian PoWs in Pakistan

Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

AMRITSAR: A UK rights activist and advocate intends to move the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to inquire into the status of Indian prisoners of war (PoWs) held in Pakistani jails, Times of India reported.

Jas Uppal, who is based out of UK, accuses past Indian governments for neglecting the Indian PoWs held in Pakistan, and intends to move the ICJ in a bid to pressurise the Pakistan government into sharing more information on the prisoners.

“Pakistan authorities should have kept the records of Indian PoWs under the rule of Geneva Conventions and it is the duty of Indian government to find out what had happened to the captured Indian army soldiers in Pakistan,” says Uppal.

The report added that the ‘Missing Defense Personals Relative Association’ had submitted a list of 54 PoWs along with proof of their presence in Pakistan to the Pakistani government. The Pakistan government, though, has officially denied holding PoWs.

“This is not the answer and it certainly should not have been accepted by the successive governments of India, to do so, is to deny that these brave men in uniform were ever born, this would have never happened in the West. ”

Uppal, who ran the ‘Free Sarabjit Singh’ campaign online, claims she has been contacted by many families who believe their relatives are held as PoWs in Pakistan.

“I have been contacted by a number of families of Indian PoWs – some from the official list of the 54 Indian PoWs and families of others who are not on the official list.”

Not having the license to practice in India, Uppal plans to have a colleague move the case through Indian courts over to the ICJ.

UK rights activist to move ICJ over Indian PoWs in Pakistan – The Express Tribune

Both India and Pakistan have miserably failed on the issues related to POW,these people deserve to be freed, i hope this activists look in to the POW held in Pakistan too.

Didnt Pakistan secretly move Indian POW's to some Middle Eastern statte a long time back and a few of them were released recently by India's bilateral effort?

I guess there is no hope for these prisoners unless Indian govt orders a covert op to get them back. Pakistan will not return them now, it will be a huge loss of face in the intl community. Its time R&AW proves its worth.

AMRITSAR: A UK rights activist and advocate intends to move the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to inquire into the status of Indian prisoners of war (PoWs) held in Pakistani jails, Times of India reported.

Jas Uppal, who is based out of UK, accuses past Indian governments for neglecting the Indian PoWs held in Pakistan, and intends to move the ICJ in a bid to pressurise the Pakistan government into sharing more information on the prisoners.

“Pakistan authorities should have kept the records of Indian PoWs under the rule of Geneva Conventions and it is the duty of Indian government to find out what had happened to the captured Indian army soldiers in Pakistan,” says Uppal.

The report added that the ‘Missing Defense Personals Relative Association’ had submitted a list of 54 PoWs along with proof of their presence in Pakistan to the Pakistani government. The Pakistan government, though, has officially denied holding PoWs.

“This is not the answer and it certainly should not have been accepted by the successive governments of India, to do so, is to deny that these brave men in uniform were ever born, this would have never happened in the West. ”

Uppal, who ran the ‘Free Sarabjit Singh’ campaign online, claims she has been contacted by many families who believe their relatives are held as PoWs in Pakistan.

“I have been contacted by a number of families of Indian PoWs – some from the official list of the 54 Indian PoWs and families of others who are not on the official list.”

Not having the license to practice in India, Uppal plans to have a colleague move the case through Indian courts over to the ICJ.

UK rights activist to move ICJ over Indian PoWs in Pakistan – The Express Tribune

Da Fuq :lol:

Hain. When did this happen?

Only indian public is aware of these events.

I guess there is no hope for these prisoners unless Indian govt orders a covert op to get them back. Pakistan will not return them now, it will be a huge loss of face in the intl community. Its time R&AW proves its worth.

Opps

Someone forgot to take their prescription mood stabilizers today.

banging your head on the wall may activate some receptors that were otherwise non-functional

Rofl! :laughcry: covert op, step out of Hollywood. Your govt didn't have the guts (forget any ability to do so) to carry out the "surgical strikes" on alleged "terror training camps" in Pakistan after 26/11. You Indians never fail to land a thread to its lowest level of intellect.

Bottomline both countries elite's ego is the cause of suffering for poor soldiers and innocent civilians. I feel Indians at times do not given enough respect to countries that might be smaller in size and influence. We should change that, if you care for others they will give back respect. I am positive Pakistan will respond in kind, contrary to what many thinks these are good people in general but a little too emotional.

Back
Top Bottom