What's new

UK Polls: Labour promises UNSC seat for India

Doom

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
UK Polls: Labour promises UNSC seat for India

London: In the run up to the United Kingdom Elections, the ruling Labour Party is trying to woo the Indian community. The party now promises a better chance for India to get a United Nations Security Council (UNSC) seat if it wins the elections.

"Since India does want a seat on the Security Council and we want one too for India, I would argue that it is better to have a strong Britain to argue for that rather than a weak Britain, and I believe Britain will be weak under a Conservative government internationally because the Conservatives would move us to the margins of Europe," says British Foreign Secretary David Miliband.

Other than UNSC, the Labour Party's promise to keep pressure on Pakistan to contain terrorism also highlights growing importance of Indian voters in UK.

"I have gone to Pakistan and said you have to move further and faster in tackling this domestic terrorism problem, and I have said that publicly and I have said that privately," he adds.

The Labour Party is providing new support for India's United Nations Security Council bid, but that position for India looks at least as uncertain for India at the moment as does a Labour win.

UK Polls: Labour promises UNSC seat for India - World - ibnlive

Its not just Labour Party, all the main stream parties in the UK support India for UN Permanent Seat.

so the old imperial master still standing up for its former colony.

a very wise master. perhaps britain and india should consider a more... formal relationship again.

a very wise master. perhaps britain and india should consider a more... formal relationship again.

What is your say on similar promises given by russia, france, US and even China???

Labour is the biggest joke party right now, in fact all three are the same just acting differently. Vote for the future of britain, BNP, they will take good care of the minorities.

This seems like a desperate attempt by a dying party.

That's not it.

It's major election time in UK, where it's a 3-way head-to-head race between the Labour, Conservatives, and something else. From last survey it is apparent the Brits have seriously alienated its minority population (Arabs, Blacks, Asians, Muslim, Pakistanis, Indians).

This is to get votes.

Labour is the biggest joke party right now, in fact all three are the same just acting differently. Vote for the future of britain, BNP, they will take good care of the minorities.

This seems like a desperate attempt by a dying party.

Please share to us your views (since you have England flag).

How's the 'atmosphere' there???

:pakistan:

yeah, we are so weak, but your soldiers were still slaughtered 10 to 1 by such a weak country, how pathetic. we're the weakest country in the world, except india.

btw we got the seat for winning WW2 while indians were proud british citizens.

Please share to us your views (since you have England flag).

How's the 'atmosphere' there???

:pakistan:

Labour party has suffered a lot of setbacks, their policies on the war, economy and immigration has distanced many people especially as the unemplyment is on the rise. People ate venting out their anger on labour and other parties are no different, all of them were caught in expenses scandal.

Economically, things are bad. There are limited jobs and many applicants. With the uk having to bail out Greece and perhaps a few other eurozone countries, it is getting very retrained financially.

I think the liberal democrats are better than others but nothing substantsive in their policies. I really hope the euro countries do not buckle and pull themselves out of this mess.

The minority groups are mostly silent except for Muslims of course and I find it very odd that the labour government is reaching out to British Indians by helping India. British Asians in general, are patriotic and hardworking but live in their own little towns.

Anything else you want to know.

labour is losing anyways, there will be mostly a balanced parliament which the lib dems have a greater say while the tories be the largest party. labour is gona be out of power for a good few years.

Back
Top Bottom