What's new

UK Launches Massive, Nuclear-Powered Submarine

Ha Ha that hit you in the guts. Turkey is a secular country with a muslim majority not a failed Islamic Country like we all know. They will enter the EU when want them too.

No. What hit you in the gut was that I mentioned Turkey in the same lines as French or Britain :lol:

That's why your insecure soul rushed to spout out of no where "But but but..Turkey is secular..secular secular secular" ....

Do you think anyone cares what Turkey is? Specially people on this forum? As I said, I have nothing but best wishes for Turks and Turkey...God bless Secular and prosperous Turkey!

Europeans like yourself needs to grow up.

They will enter the EU when want them too.

lol..majority of Turks don't want to join Europe. What is Europe? An old, stale, static, unexciting region with old population?

Turkey is the future of Europe. Istanbul is the most dynamic city of Europe (and largest, too)...Turkish society is the youngest and more happening in Europe..and Turkish economy is one of the fastest growing in Europe...

Astute grapples with America’s newest submarine in a test of the ‘best of the best’
1 February 2012
Navy News - Reporting from the Fleet

'Trail-blazing' U.K. Attack Sub Proves Itself in U.S.
Missile Tests Belie HMS Astute's 'Jinx' Label

Dec. 5, 2011

'Trail-blazing' U.K. Attack Sub Proves Itself in U.S. | Defense News | defensenews.com-

You linked Articles without reading them basically your link proved my previous point
Fatal error of judgement; I did read all, hence the HOWEVER and additional articles in my post (which you've ignored).

I trolled baited another troll to derailing the thread .
no you didn't , I'm still on Astute and so are others. Besides, I was under the impresion that mode on/off tags indicated fun and games, not anything serious.

increasing poverty ?? while we are decreasing
no incling of number versus percentages, obviously

Reiterating:
While new figures show that the number of those in extreme poverty around the world - surviving on 82 pence per day or less - has declined significantly, India now has a greater share of the world's poorest than it did thirty years ago. Then it was home to one fifth of the world's poorest people, but today it accounts for one-third - 400 million.
India has one third of world's poorest, says World Bank - Telegraph

How does Hypocrisy feel like.
dunno, that's not my department.

Either way, am off.. at least now one would feel how it stupid it is to link poverty in issues of Defence and technology like most Brits usually do...
well all are policy choices, and paid out of government (i.e. tax) money so in that sense linked.
I don't presume to know how brits or auzzies or anyone 'usually' is or does.

How Spending on Defense versus Human Capital impacts Economic Productivityin South Asia | Muhammad Zeshan - Academia.edu

Last edited:
No. What hit you in the gut was that I mentioned Turkey in the same lines as French or Britain :lol:

That's why your insecure soul rushed to spout out of no where "But but but..Turkey is secular..secular secular secular" ....

Do you think anyone cares what Turkey is? Specially people on this forum? As I said, I have nothing but best wishes for Turks and Turkey...God bless Secular and prosperous Turkey!

Europeans like yourself needs to grow up.

sorry to call you an idiot but I had replied to a post which said Turkey vs Uk, but guess what you got your panties in a twist and jumped in

sorry to call you an idiot but I had replied to a post which said Turkey vs Uk, but guess what you got your panties in a twist and jumped in

Retard, that's exactly the point.

I said that U.K military is the strongest in Europe... French are stable (aren't growing much)..,,and then I said that the only probable challenger to UK military's top spot might be Turkey in the future..

That was my whole post...

In the reply of this post, you started crying "But Turkey is secular..secular secular secular..." ...I mean, why did you even had to bring up this issue of "secularity" in a freaking military thread where all posts are about military and none about politics/religion/secularity?

As I said, grow up

Hi, Nice sub. Looks like they used fighter jet stealth design on it. Is this as quiet as those Russian "Black hole" subs or is this one better?

Last edited:
HMS Astute has been fitted with an underwater dry-deck shelter for SBS Commandos’ & mini-sub
March 23/14: Mini-sub. British media spot HMS Astute moored off of Gibraltar with a new mini-sub attached to the dry-deck shelter (q.v. Dec 3/12). The mini-sub can reportedly carry 8 Special Boat Service Commandos in full assault gear:
Astute Buy? Britain Spends Big on its Next Fast Submarines
Hi, Nice sub. Looks like they used fighter jet stealth design on it. Is this as quiet as those Russian "Black hole" subs or is this one better?

This should give an indication: Astute is SSN21 equivalent

diesel10.jpg

349.jpg

What are the advantages of this hull shape? It looks different
@Penguin

They are larger than the preceeding class due to the use of a reactor designed for Vamguard SSBNs. This may explain the rear end shape. Forward, I would think not so different from preceeding ships,. In all, probably a case of form follows function. i.e. your guess is a good as mine.

astute-detailed.jpg

article-0-1C73515500000578-352_634x391.jpg

article-2587116-1C7CF85700000578-266_634x329.jpg

article-0-1C73523500000578-433_634x398.jpg

13288084775_614db7b1ff_h.jpg

IMG_0005_2012-September-29-10.43.16+-+Astute+Submarine.jpg

HMS_Ambush.jpg

Artful , the third boat in a class coming into service to replace the Trafalgar-class SSNs, was launched on 17 May in front of the yard's Devonshire Dock Hall (DDH), where the Astute boats are assembled.

The 97 m-long, 7,400-tonne boats are the largest SSNs ever operated by the RN, which says they bring advanced sensors and weaponry together in a versatile vessel with a state-of-the-art design.

Artful is the first boat in the class to receive the new Common Combat System (CCS). The CCS - which uses common consoles, electronics cabinets, and commercial off-the-shelf hardware and software to create a shared computer environment - is designed to develop a more open combat system architecture that is also more cost-effective to maintain and easier to update.
BAE Systems launches UK Royal Navy's third Astute-class SSN - IHS Jane's 360

lol why my friend? The USN is already a mighty naval force that is unmatched. I say good for the UK!!

yes of course the U.S is still by far the most powerful navy in the world. But the british navy/miliatry is still ahead/better othan the U.S in some sectors, e.g our SAS are better trained than the U.S and our astute clas are the best of its class in the world.:agree: if only we still had the economic/financial power of the U.S or even China, then we will be a power equal to the U.S militarily.:cheesy:

You linked Articles without reading them :lol: basically your link proved my previous point :flame:
I trolled baited another troll to derailing the thread :lol: .

pg-4-food-bank-graph-1.jpg

increasing poverty ?? while we are decreasing ;)

How does Hypocrisy feel like :haha: .

Either way, am off.. at least now one would feel how it stupid it is to link poverty in issues of Defence and technology like most Brits usually do...

No one dies of hunger here unlike your majestic India where people are born on streets and die on streets. Times are tough here yet Indian immigrants running to UK proves that UK is still a million times better then your majestic India.

There are food banks available for those who are earning too low or are on benefits even then i have never seen a malnourished Brit but your country is the capital of malnourished children.

Before swinging shit always realise that shit will swing back at you. Cheers choora.

yes of course the U.S is still by far the most powerful navy in the world. But the british navy/miliatry is still ahead/better othan the U.S in some sectors, e.g our SAS are better trained than the U.S and our astute clas are the best of its class in the world.:agree: if only we still had the economic/financial power of the U.S or even China, then we will be a power equal to the U.S militarily.:cheesy:

I was responding to iraggholi's post saying "Good they should donate this to us navy". Of course he was being sarcastic when he said it. it wasn't a belligerent nationalistic response on my part. Just a factual one. So not sure why you're are turning the comment into something more, something nationalistic. I even said "good for the UK" it wasn't about a "VS" mentality my friend.

Would it make you feel better if we started to act like some of the chest thumping hyper-nationalists around here and started arguing about whose more powerful? Fairly sure you and I have much better things to do than that.

Last edited:
No one dies of hunger here unlike your majestic India where people are born on streets and die on streets. Times are tough here yet Indian immigrants running to UK proves that UK is still a million times better then your majestic India.

There are food banks available for those who are earning too low or are on benefits even then i have never seen a malnourished Brit but your country is the capital of malnourished children.

Before swinging shit always realise that shit will swing back at you. Cheers choora.

33839.jpg

:lol:

I would suggest a dose of Glucose to help with your malnourishment. Again cheers choora for your unwanted input.

And Glucose cures undernourishment ??. :haha:.Its your brain which is malnourished :lol:

Back
Top Bottom