What's new

Uighurs living in Pakistan

I have done more understand that In all Muslims holidays, even if under 18 is able to enter the mosque, other general time can not enter.

Also, I'm confused, because I found a message, a student dormitory in the Linxia mosque, many students learning doctrine, all 13-18, need to learn 5 - 6 years. ALL student's goal is a mullah. This means that if future as a career, even minors can learn in mosque ?

Well, because I did not care enough in the religion, some other cases do not understand, need to know more.

there is no age limit to enter to mosque, you can go there in a very young age.

We can take them, as long as they work honestly.

It will be a pleasure, as long as they remember we can't offer them the world.

The latest is that there is this provision, but some places have been relaxed. There is even a government notice to tell people not to relax the management.

http://fzxj.cn/view.asp?id=39864

So, as long as China's need, I think that this is not a major event, in some places, because the increased level of economic and social stability, in fact, there was no the measure in reality, although there are other places. Anyway, as I said, according to real needs, the provision is flexible.There will be a day, would not need the provision.

Last edited:
This provision was developed in the 80s, I think the last century 1980 - 2000 is the most needed, a very large internal and external pressure, now,the social situation is much better, it does not need too much emphasis. In short, this is a flexible requirement. As long as people need, can do any changes.

Last edited:
Incorrect.

The Vice Premier of China (Hui Liangyu) is a Muslim. He is one of the most influential people in the Chinese government.

Don't spread cpc propaganda here.

Do you wanna say that a senior CPC member is not a communist.

Hui Liangyu was belongs from a Muslim family but he don't practice Islam as he have left Islam to become communist.

Now, he is a atheist who don't believe in god or religion.

Don't spread cpc propaganda here.

Do you wanna say that a senior CPC member is not a communist.

Hui Liangyu was belongs from a Muslim family but he don't practice Islam as he have left Islam to become communist.

Now, he is a atheist who don't believe in god or religion.

Look whose talkin?u dont talk abt Palastine but u jump into tiber,chinese issues?

Heck ur the same ..... who have killed over a 100000 muslims in IOK and raped thousands of women... bloody hyporcrisy.

^^^^

I am just surprised at how defensive some people are when given hard facts about China.

The fact is that India does not put any restirctions on practice of religion including Kashmir. And armed Jihad is considered viable only when freedom to practice religion is curtailed.

To be balanced, China has improved a lot from the Cultural revolution years where Muslim (and Christians, Buddhists or other faiths) were ruthlessly supressed and religious leaders executed. Very similar to the way USSR treated religion in the Central Asian Republics. Here millions of people were killed. Just in 2009, 200 Uighurs were killed and afterwards around 50 executed for politcal unrest there. Not a word of concern let alone protest from GoP or even the average Pakistani except possibly a few. Tukey on the other hand was vociferous and led loud protests on this issue.

In reality, what Pakistan (Pakistani leadership) has done is followed a pragmatic position based on its geopolitical is take the same condition as worthy of "Jihad" against the Soviets in Afghanistan but downplayed it in China. Ofcourse some may call it hypocrisy as well but foreign policy is dependant on geopolitical realities eventually.

I don't agree that Uighurs should become independant and demand a new state just because they are muslims. This is not correct, but China should provide full freedom of religion to muslims without state involment. And the same applies anywhere else.

Regarding Palestine, you need to learn some history and you will find that even in monetary terms India provides more in budgetary assitance and aid to the Palestinian authority than Pakistan.

Ejaz,

I have been to Xinjiang it is very different to Kashmir, so don't draw comparisions between Xinjiang and Kashmir, religious practices are tolerated in some countires and some it is not.

This should not surprise us, in Netherlands one of the most liberal communities in the EU, mosques are no longer allowed permits for construction.

And EU the champion of Human rights and equality now many of its members have banned certain practices of faith or even displaying certain articles of faith which directly contravene the Human Rights act, which every EU country subscribes to.

Yet there is no pressure on them from HRW or AI, yet there is tremendous pressure on China from HRW... I call this double standards.

Paladin,

First of all I did'nt bring Kashmir into this, it was a response to a post by PN which you thanked.

Secondly, the 70,80 000 people killed in the Kashmir conflict includes civilians killed by militants as well, and also security forces and militants including militants from Pakistan proper over a twenty year period. In a similar vein, if you take into account the Cultural revolution and the Great leap forward, the death toll would be much higher in China.

Just looking at the last two years, around 100+ Kashmiris unfortunately were killed in protests which is not acceptable to me and completely wrong. But 200+ Uighurs who were similarly protesting were killed in 2009 in China. None arrested in Kashmir as part of the protest were executed but itis atleast known that 20 arrested Uighurs were executed by the state.

Now you can make your own assesment about double standards. I have just said that GoP's position might look at double standard but its a pragmatic position because they consider that China is the only reliable partner. For the average Pakistani, I leave up to them to view this as they seem fit.

Paladin,

First of all I did'nt bring Kashmir into this, it was a response to a post by PN which you thanked.

Secondly, the 70,80 000 people killed in the Kashmir conflict includes civilians killed by militants as well, and also security forces and militants including militants from Pakistan proper over a twenty year period. In a similar vein, if you take into account the Cultural revolution and the Great leap forward, the death toll would be much higher in China.

Just looking at the last two years, around 100+ Kashmiris unfortunately were killed in protests which is not acceptable to me and completely wrong. But 200+ Uighurs who were similarly protesting were killed in 2009 in China. None arrested in Kashmir as part of the protest were executed but itis atleast known that 20 arrested Uighurs were executed by the state.

Now you can make your own assesment about double standards. I have just said that GoP's position might look at double standard but its a pragmatic position because they consider that China is the only reliable partner. For the average Pakistani, I leave up to them to view this as they seem fit.

EjaZ... Look at your own back yard before you glare at others. India has her problems think about those, Pakistan has her we are busy with those. And let China sort out her own issues.

I think Indian members commenting on the treatment of people in Xinjiang by the Chinese government is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

There should be a visa-free policy for all Chinese citizens.

China is the closest ally to Pakistan, there should be no need for visas for Chinese to come to Pakistan.

The Pakistan-China border areas was the ancient Silk road so you are bound to meet Chinese in Pakistan who have lived in the land of Pakistan for centuries.

Pictures from this article that EjazR forgot to include:

Uighur%20Shops.hlarge.jpg

Shops in the China Market are mostly run by Uighurs from China's Xinjiang Province.

Uighur%20Hamid%20.standard.jpg

Haji Abdul Hamid, a 76-year-old Khotan native, has spent the last 18 years of his life in Rawalpindi.

Uighur%20man.standard.jpg

Abdul Rahman's parents are Uighurs from Khotan, but he was born in Pakistan.

They look Pakistani. No regular Pakistani would suspect them of being foreigners.

wow man abdul rehman is from china, haha lolz, he looks pakistan

indians tried all their "tricks" under their sleeves to break up Pakistan-China friendship but none of their tricks worked.

Give it up indians, we know Pakistan-China friendship and collaboration is bad for india but all that matters to us is Pakistan's interests.

You have Russia and we have China.

Patriotic Pakistanis know how valuable China's friendship is to Pakistan.

EjaZ... Look at your own back yard before you glare at others. India has her problems think about those, Pakistan has her we are busy with those. And let China sort out her own issues.

I think Indian members commenting on the treatment of people in Xinjiang by the Chinese government is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Now you are going to ad hominem attacks instead of discussing the topic.

Kashmir was not even in the disucssion but the insecurity of some seems to bring that here anyways.

Still I would like to know that when 200+ muslim Uighurs in China don't think GoP or atleast the Pakistan should have shown some concern if they didn't atleast do massive protests like the Turks? The fact that average Pakistanis actually try to defend this by saying "India is worse" is even more striking. Particularly when given the numbers game as well as religious rights China would have a worse track record over the past 60 years. It shows who is pot and who is kettle here.

I have to hesitation to say that what the para military police did in Kashmir is wrong btw. And I also say that Uighurs should not fight to seprate themself into a an independant country. The article itself was balanced and actually showed how Uighurs settled in Pakistan, but somehow you have taken it to be an "attack on China-Pak friendship" which is unfortunate.

Now you are going to ad hominem attacks instead of discussing the topic.

Kashmir was not even in the disucssion but the insecurity of some seems to bring that here anyways.

Still I would like to know that when 200+ muslim Uighurs in China don't think GoP or atleast the Pakistan should have shown some concern if they didn't atleast do massive protests like the Turks? The fact that average Pakistanis actually try to defend this by saying "India is worse" is even more striking. Particularly when given the numbers game as well as religious rights China would have a worse track record over the past 60 years. It shows who is pot and who is kettle here.

I have to hesitation to say that what the para military police did in Kashmir is wrong btw. And I also say that Uighurs should not fight to seprate themself into a an independant country. The article itself was balanced and actually showed how Uighurs settled in Pakistan, but somehow you have taken it to be an "attack on China-Pak friendship" which is unfortunate.

No body is saying India is worse, that may be your own "guilt" coming out, i don't know.. But i will repeat what i said...

Pakistan has her problems, that is OUR priority, India has HER problems and that is HER priority, and China has her's and that is HER priority.

Lets not comment on others when we cannot fix our own back gardens.

Hope you see my point.

Back
Top Bottom