What's new

UAVs capable of launching weapons soon: DRDO chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Omega007 ji,

Please keep your posts civil it is highly wrong of you to use aggressive words.

Okay let me say that we all acknowledge DRDO's capability and potential. DRDO's scientists and engineers are all respected by everyone including myself. What we are angry about is the bureaucracy that hampers and delays projects and delivers failure after failure when it comes to deadline.

Tell me this:

CAN DRDO produce stuff in time, quality and quantity for our soldiers to be able to fight China off in a short, swift conflict AS WELL AS a full blown war (not needed)?

If it can, then you have all the right to say all this.

If it cannot then it only shows that Sarkari PSUs are only gas bags and cannot ramp up production.

As an Indian who loves his country, I will only be happy if you prove me wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Omega007 ji,

Please keep your posts civil it is highly wrong of you to use aggressive words.

Okay let me say that we all acknowledge DRDO's capability and potential. DRDO's scientists and engineers are all respected by everyone including myself. What we are angry about is the bureaucracy that hampers and delays projects and delivers failure after failure when it comes to deadline.

Tell me this:

CAN DRDO produce stuff in time, quality and quantity for our soldiers to be able to fight China off in a short, swift conflict AS WELL AS a full blown war (not needed)?

If it can, then you have all the right to say all this.

If it cannot then it only shows that Sarkari PSUs are only gas bags and cannot ramp up production.

As an Indian who loves his country, I will only be happy if you prove me wrong.

he is a drdo guy here for trolling

and while he should be in the lab doing the work he is supposed to do,,,,no wonder drdo is so productive:devil:

Sarkari company gave this country Ins Arihant , same sarkari company gave this country Arjun MBT and same sarkari company gave this country SLBM capability , which propelled India to selective few countries in the world.

My question stands still:

CAN DRDO SAVE INDIAN MILITARY BY PRODUCING CUTTING EDGE MILITARY SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT, IN CASE OF AN ALL OUT-TWO FRONT WAR?

No one who is supporting PSUs here has been able to answer.

Give them same level of Funds like west , Give them Autonomy like Private companies , and Let Private companies become partners with this sarkari companies in Production and then you come and talk .

AHA!

You have answered your own question here.

Whose job is that?

Who funds a PSU?

Who gives it autonomy?

Whose responsibility is indigenization of defense?

Yours? Mine? Or Sarkar's?

How different are these PSUs from the Sarkar itself?

So who is the main problem?

Think, dear brother, think.

Problem is our Government who cannot make any decisions regarding our Defence capability modernisations , Many Indians working Abroad under Foreign defence companies are eager to come back to India , but Government has no clear policies to lure them back.

Neither China nor Pakistan would ask who is to blame and what is to happen. They will simply attack in a worse case scenario.

AT that time what will your sarkaris do?

Give excuses?

Point fingers?

Blame others?

Or

Point at the list of equipment they developed which they could never mass produce?

Go on, tell me. :coffee:

I only wish I could be

The point is again not about an argument here but that of the capability of military industries that can give its military the weapons it needs to fight and win wars.

You still have no answer to the question I asked in my previous post.

PLA, PLAAF, PLAN will not wait for knocking DRDO's doors and asking them permission before invading.

Neither will the Army wait for sarkari PSUs to wake up.

I speak this language as a genuinely concerned Indian.

You know why?

Because my people border China which is barely 150 Km away from the boundaries of my city and if hell breaks loose, we will be the first ones to face the heat.

So keep this in mind before you jump to your keyboard in anger of how I am targeting you.

Think about what I am asking and then answer.

Deeds not words. Drdo needs to shut its mouth and deliver usable weapons that a soldier can trust. Start with a range of personal weapons.

Deeds not words. Drdo needs to shut its mouth and deliver usable weapons that a soldier can trust. Start with a range of personal weapons.

Do u know whats was the philosophy of designing an INSAS RIFLE

That it will injure,not kill the enemy and when soldiers come to pick up the wounded we will attack them again..........hilarious
I read it somewhere,,,can anyone pls confirm??

Do u know whats was the philosophy of designing an INSAS RIFLE

That it will injure,not kill the enemy and when soldiers come to pick up the wounded we will attack them again..........hilarious
I read it somewhere,,,can anyone pls confirm??

Really?! :woot:

:rofl: This is horrible! Who the fck designs a war assault rifle to just injure?

But 5.56 mm bullets can kill as well you know. Only thing is that they lack the weight, size and momentum and therefore have a range problem in the high mountainous battlegrounds of our both eastern and western borders. Here, AKs rule.

Ask any unit here whether Ghatak or RR; they love the AKs over anything else. Durable, ruthless and always reliable.

To Tshering Sir,my regards to you.

What you say is not totally untrue.It's true that our government is being very badly run and there is no question about it.Many a times,the laboratory scale systems developed by DRDO can not be inducted or gets delayed due to the filures of the manufacturing PSUs like the cases of USHUSH sonar,Rohing radar,INSAS ars etc.
Sometimes DRDO itself fucks up like the case of Trishul SAM.
But there is differrence between DRDO and Govt the same way there is between you and your family.DRDO is a part of the Govt;not the whole government itself!!

You ask what they have delivered till date?I have already provided a very short list.
Now I ask you what they didn't deliver that they promised except Trishul and Kaveri?
Let me ask you,have we been able to provide them with enough funds?NO SIRE,we haven't.
Have we been able to provide them with enough skilled and educated human resources?NO SIRE,we haven't?
Have we been able to make a level playing field for them?
Have our armed forces been cooperative with them?Heck they themselves couldn't decide what they wanted for their future tank!Now that's too is DRDO's fault right?

Really?! :woot:

:rofl: This is horrible! Who the fck designs a war assault rifle to just injure?

But 5.56 mm bullets can kill as well you know. Only thing is that they lack the weight, size and momentum and therefore have a range problem in the high mountainous battlegrounds of our both eastern and western borders. Here, AKs rule.

Ask any unit here whether Ghatak or RR; they love the AKs over anything else. Durable, ruthless and always reliable.

pls read i was right.........lol

OFB to introduce assault rifles with interchangeable barrel - Times Of India

what the ****???!!!

To Tshering Sir,my regards to you.

What you say is not totally untrue.It's true that our government is being very badly run and there is no question about it.Many a times,the laboratory scale systems developed by DRDO can not be inducted or gets delayed due to the filures of the manufacturing PSUs like the cases of USHUSH sonar,Rohing radar,INSAS ars etc.
Sometimes DRDO itself fucks up like the case of Trishul SAM.
But there is differrence between DRDO and Govt the same way there is between you and your family.DRDO is a part of the Govt;not the whole government itself!!

You ask what they have delivered till date?I have already provided a very short list.
Now I ask you what they didn't deliver that they promised except Trishul and Kaveri?
Let me ask you,have we been able to provide them with enough funds?NO SIRE,we haven't.
Have we been able to provide them with enough skilled and educated human resources?NO SIRE,we haven't?
Have we been able to make a level playing field for them?
Have our armed forces been cooperative with them?Heck they themselves couldn't decide what they wanted for their future tank!Now that's too is DRDO's fault right?

at least laugh a bit reading this................http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-05-22/nagpur/29570782_1_556mm-assault-rifles-insas

My question stands still:

CAN DRDO SAVE INDIAN MILITARY BY PRODUCING CUTTING EDGE MILITARY SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT, IN CASE OF AN ALL OUT-TWO FRONT WAR?

No one who is supporting PSUs here has been able to answer.

AHA!

You have answered your own question here.

Whose job is that?

Who funds a PSU?

Who gives it autonomy?

Whose responsibility is indigenization of defense?

Yours? Mine? Or Sarkar's?

How different are these PSUs from the Sarkar itself?

So who is the main problem?

Think, dear brother, think.

Neither China nor Pakistan would ask who is to blame and what is to happen. They will simply attack in a worse case scenario.

AT that time what will your sarkaris do?

Give excuses?

Point fingers?

Blame others?

Or

Point at the list of equipment they developed which they could never mass produce?

Go on, tell me. :coffee:

I Don't know what are you trying to say ?

Will DRDO able to deliver weapons in case of war with Pakistan and china ? Ya whichever weapons are in productions.

But what other cutting edge military hardware are you talking about ? Aircrafts and submarines cannot be built and delivered when country is at war , it could have happened in WW2 but now with better Intel and Satellites , time frame of war will be limited , Enemy will hit not only Military bases but also Productions house , Warehouse , weapons dumps and all possible Strategic areas .

If such strikes takes place and DRDO complex are hit , Employees lost , Machinery lost , You cannot expect DRDO to build weapons in tents ??

You Provide me a list of systems which never entered Production , if it is more than the systems which has entered production, only then your claims hold .

Technological win I suppose. But it is a dangerous weapon. We have seen the damage it can do. Let us hope it is in the right hands...

Thats why your beloved Kings did atrocities on our Gurus, and Your ancestors killed my ancestors in Pakistan. And may be taht is because Sikhs have shrink to micro minority in last 65 years in your country..

Go away, stop trolling..

they are a micro minority becuase during the partition it was decided that they would move to india, its not becuase they been all slaughtered lol, more sikhs got killed in india in 1984 then all the crimes against sikhs ever by pakistanis.

for ur kind information we have nothing common with muslims

and i am a patriotic indian and u must stop meddling in our affairs,these discussions are between indians

u piece of ****................stop bringing family here u ignorant ****

did u read even i report or link i sent u??
if u had read u wouldn't be asking this

you must a sellout sikh then lol,
most of the sikhs i know here are actually for pakistan and don't like your pathetic indian government.

Lmao, can't get anymore retarded than that.

cant get anymore retarded then that? well thats interesting lol.
majority of pakistan is punjab, so are your trying to say indian sikhs have more in common with their fellow indians then their fellow punjabis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom