What's new

UAVs capable of launching weapons soon: DRDO chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sardar ji,I can give you a plethora of list of system developed by DRDO other than missiles:
INSAS rifles,new 3rd gen NV and IR sights,hand held high resolution NVGs,Arjun tanks,warship grade still,demagnetised steel for submarine hull,titanium sponge,a range of electronic gunsights (IRDE),CL-20,a range of PESA and AESA radars,VLF sonar (which even Russians and Chinese have been able to produce),AMRs,aircraft environment control system,light weight armor modules for copters,a range of ballistic computer based DFCS,automatic transmission,hydro-gas suspensions,seekers for missiles,triple hardened steel for AFVs,development of carbon nano tubes for armor,RLG-INS...........should I continue farther?For that pathetic paltry sum which we provide in the name of R&D fund they have done a marvelous job.

Man why are u witch hunting me and calling bad names...................pls stop using foul language first

Just read the cag reports,,,,all these systems have about 90% of imported stuff........don't believe me,just research urself

and as far as uav's are concerned drdo has made only 1 and pls read about it

DRDO Nishant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/205476-drdo-receives-17-gm-device-guide-missiles.html
I think this little piece can be a great help for the NGPGMs under development by DRDO.

pls read

Ministry of defence's desi projects under CAG fire - India - DNA

cag raps hindustan aeronautics limited for radio sets : latest news, information, pictures, articles

HAL sold choppers below cost price - Indian Express

http://saiindia.gov.in/english/home/...o_10/chap3.pdf

CAG raps Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd for Rs 43 crore excess payment as incentives - Economic Times

Despite CAG rap, HAL ups Su-30 production - Times Of India

CAG report slams HAL for sending defective choppers to air show - Brahmand.com

Now save ur face.......lets see

Ministry of defence's desi projects under CAG fire - India - DNA

cag raps hindustan aeronautics limited for radio sets : latest news, information, pictures, articles

HAL sold choppers below cost price - Indian Express

http://saiindia.gov.in/english/home...e/2010_2011/Commercial/Report_no_10/chap3.pdf

CAG raps Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd for Rs 43 crore excess payment as incentives - Economic Times

Despite CAG rap, HAL ups Su-30 production - Times Of India

CAG report slams HAL for sending defective choppers to air show - Brahmand.com

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...fale-wrong-choice-india-27.html#ixzz2dFgAfXgx

more

Reality of drdo radars

http://www.cag.gov.in/html/reports/d..._DS/chap_6.pdf

Almost all have been built with israeli help meaning.........just importing the components and assembling stuff

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/272676-dassault-raffale-wrong-choice-india-27.html#ixzz2dFgTam1d

some more

the reality of famed ushus sonar

Navy's sonar project falls flat; draws flak from CAG

An exhaustive list

http://worldofdefense.blogspot.in/20...force-and.html

Now i dare anyone to question my sources...........

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/272676-dassault-raffale-wrong-choice-india-27.html#ixzz2dFgdXX9S

Man why are u witch hunting me and calling bad names...................pls stop using foul language first

Just read the cag reports,,,,all these systems have about 90% of imported stuff........don't believe me,just research urself

So you admit that you are a witch (or a son of one)!!Good for you!
And do mind telling me how did you come to that 90 percent figure?

becuase your a sardar, you have more in common with pakistanis then your fellow non-sikh indians.

becuase your a sardar, you have more in common with pakistanis then your fellow non-sikh indians.

Trying to create a false sympathy with ur baseless comments i see.Won't be the first time u have trolled.

Sardar1987 is a different type of member.he questions most of the current affairs but is overtly pessimistic at times,thats all.

Trying to create a false sympathy with ur baseless comments i see.Won't be the first time u have trolled.

Sardar1987 is a different type of member.he questions most of the current affairs but is overtly pessimistic at times,thats all.

An exhaustive list

Sardar Speaks

Where is rustom????????
just answer this.......research a bit and u will know why i am being sceptical!!!
By all means i think indian armed forces have rejected rustom 1 as no orders have been placed!!!

About rustom -2-------------------look at the specs,it can carry only 350 kg ordinance,what weapons will it carry in that limit??

Don't be a fanboy,drdo hasen't delivered anything on uav front(till now)

The truth about rustom 1-------------still in testing and not a singlr production unit available

"Rustom-1

The first flight of Rustom-I UAV took place on 16-11-2009 at the Taneja Aerospace Air Field near Hosur. The demonstration resulted in the prototype crashing to the ground. Stated by the DRDO, the taxiing and takeoff was exactly as planned. Due to misjudgment of altitude of the flight, the on-board engine was switched off through ground command which made the on-board thrust developed to go to zero.[16] Despite the mishap, the state-owned Defence Research and Development Organisation stated: "The flight proved the functioning of a number of systems such as aerodynamics, redundant flight control, engine and datalink, which go a long way towards the development of a complex UAV."
Rustom-1 UAV prototype

The second "maiden" flight took place on 15th Oct 2010. In this test flight, the UAV flew for 30 minutes at an altitude of 3000 feet. The test was conducted in Hosur.[17] The Indian army was impressed with Rustom-1 and will use it as a MALE UAV.

Rustom-1 made its 5th successful flight on morning of 12 Nov 2011, flying for 25 minutes at 2300-ft AGL at a speed 100 Knots. It completed its 8th successful flight on 8 Dec 2011. It flew at an altitude of 6000-feet (max) and at a speed of 90 knots (max) during its 30 minutes flight near Hosur, claims DRDO. The highlight of the flight was that Rustom-1 was test flown with the 'gimbal payload assembly carrying daylight TV & Infra-Red camera for the first time. Good quality pictures were received from the camera in gimbal payload assembly.

The 14th Successful Flight of Rustom-1 was reported on 8 May 2012, with the attainment of about 11500 ft above ground level and speed of above 140 Kmph during 2 hrs 10 minutes of operation.[18]"

And u are already betting on rustom 2 and aura............wow

You have serious comprehension problem, you are referring the statements which I never made.. I got you, there is no use of discussion with you.

for ur kind information we have nothing common with muslims

and i am a patriotic indian and u must stop meddling in our affairs,these discussions are between indians

u piece of ****................stop bringing family here u ignorant ****

did u read even i report or link i sent u??
if u had read u wouldn't be asking this

Thats why your beloved Kings did atrocities on our Gurus, and Your ancestors killed my ancestors in Pakistan. And may be taht is because Sikhs have shrink to micro minority in last 65 years in your country..

Go away, stop trolling..

No Private defence company in India can give this nation things like SLBM and ICBM , So stop Bickering about Privatization. Aura will only come after 2020 every one knows that and DRDO never has given any deadline on that , Rustom 2 will come in next few months .

No sarkari company can give this nation a state of the art platform like a 5th generation jet, a LADA class submarine, an entire family of APC capable armoured carriers etc in time and of quality, as it has been proven time again.

So stop supporting freeloader sarkaris and better get practical.

If you're talking about dealing with threats like our bigger neighbour then we need more than chai biskut delayed and outdated nonsense.

We need some serious teeth and that can come only with private firms who know how to get the job done from their employees: pay better, make them work their @$$e$ and get a good output, IN TIME.

Not a sarkari calibre.

An exhaustive list

Sardar Speaks

I don't doubt much of your assertions.Its common knowledge our defence industrial complex is an inefficient mess.But man don't get too gloomy,remember in 1947 when british left we were one of the most poorest countries in the world..no one gave us a chnace,,said we will break into pieces in few years.We are still here aren't we?
Things have become much much better- green revolution,wars,literacy,poverty,women's freedom, social evils have been greatly reduced.....again in 1990 we faced a crisis and bounced back.Remember when compared to Countries like USA and europe that are taken as benchmark for living standards we are still young nation- Barely 60 yrs old.
We will bounce back again from this current one which is minor compared to the challenges of yesteryear.

I don't doubt much of your assertions.Its common knowledge our defence industrial complex is an inefficient mess.But man don't get too gloomy,remember in 1947 when british left we were one of the most poorest countries in the world..no one gave us a chnace,,said we will break into pieces in few years.We are still here aren't we?
Things have become much much better- green revolution,wars,literacy,poverty,women's freedom, social evils have been greatly reduced.....again in 1990 we faced a crisis and bounced back.Remember when compared to Countries like USA and europe that are taken as benchmark for living standards we are still young nation- Barely 60 yrs old.
We will bounce back again from this current one which is minor compared to the challenges of yesteryear.

yaar i understand but now is a very diff environment.........just go to google news and u will find this

BNP Paribas cuts India's GDP forecast sharply to 3.7 per cent - Indian Express

Now what will happen to defence budget after this is anyone's guess
My point being why not privatize these organizations in a phased manner??
The bulk of the job they do is assembling under the tot and thats not even a job!!!

No sarkari company can give this nation a state of the art platform like a 5th generation jet, a LADA class submarine, an entire family of APC capable armoured carriers etc in time and of quality, as it has been proven time again.

If you're talking about dealing with threats like our bigger neighbour then we need more than chai biskut delayed and outdated nonsense.

We need some serious teeth and that can come only with private firms who know how to get the job done from their employees: pay better, make them work their @$$e$ and get a good output, IN TIME.

Not a sarkari calibre.

thanks for the rescue man.........i think drdo has infiltrated these forums too:hang2:

You are a damn funny guy sardar.Have you yourself read the articles you posted?And CAG is not the know all end all thing as you think.Most of the time,they give grossly overexaggerated and unrealistic numbers!!
And do you even know the differrence between HAL and DRDO you dumb @rse?Why are you bringing HAL in this discussion-have you gone so desperate kid?
Coming to the radar part:it's a wide known fact that the Sword Fish is a derivative of the Green Pine,so what's the big deal?It's components like the L band Ga-As T/R modules,AAUs,cooling systems,signal processors,LRUs-all are Indian.And Israel has vast experience in radar,what's wrong in taking help from them?Why reinvent the wheel?
And now the USHUS part,when did I mention USHUS?I told about the latest VLF sonars like Humsa NG and Nagan Mk3.USHUS is a LF system developed and cleared for production by 2002 or so.You don't even know the basic differences!And seems like you haven't read the CAG report.It doesn't say a word against the NPOL,the developer!Mind it-they are not the manufacturers.The delay was due to the fu*k up by BEL,a notorious company for such things.They are the ones who had fu*ked up the Rohini programme.

So my words of advice....,...GROW UP first and then come here.

You are a damn funny guy sardar.Have you yourself read the articles you posted?And CAG is not the know all end all thing as you think.Most of the time,they give grossly overexaggerated and unrealistic numbers!!
And do you even know the differrence between HAL and DRDO you dumb @rse?Why are you bringing HAL in this discussion-have you gone so desperate kid?
Coming to the radar part:it's a wide known fact that the Sword Fish is a derivative of the Green Pine,so what's the big deal?It's components like the L band Ga-As T/R modules,AAUs,cooling systems,signal processors,LRUs-all are Indian.And Israel has vast experience in radar,what's wrong in taking help from them?Why reinvent the wheel?
And now the USHUS part,when did I mention USHUS?I told about the latest VLF sonars like Humsa NG and Nagan Mk3.USHUS is a LF system developed and cleared for production by 2002 or so.You don't even know the basic differences!And seems like you haven't read the CAG report.It doesn't say a word against the NPOL,the developer!Mind it-they are not the manufacturers.The delay was due to the fu*k up by BEL,a notorious company for such things.They are the ones who had fu*ked up the Rohini programme.

So my words of advice....,...GROW UP first and then come here.

SO I SHOULD DEBUNK CAG and believe u??

I asked u what did drdo develop without tot??

answer-----nothing

Now u can go back to ur chai-biscuit job

Not a sarkari calibre.

Sarkari company gave this country Ins Arihant , same sarkari company gave this country Arjun MBT and same sarkari company gave this country SLBM capability , which propelled India to selective few countries in the world .

Give them same level of Funds like west , Give them Autonomy like Private companies , and Let Private companies become partners with this sarkari companies in Production and then you come and talk .

Problem is our Government who cannot make any decisions regarding our Defence capability modernisations , Many Indians working Abroad under Foreign defence companies are eager to come back to India , but Government has no clear policies to lure them back .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom