What's new

UAE to order 12 L-15 light attack planes from China as it diversify suppliers – news agency

I predict Malaysia will pick FA 50

This then will smooth the possibility of Malaysia to induct KF21/IFX in 2028 as Malaysia has stated MRCA program will only be started at that period
I predict the same:
  • Mig-35 is a medium jet, doesn't fit into the tender purpose which is LCA+LIFT.
  • Given its fighter DNA, dual-seat JF-17 is the best fit, but the harsh offset tender requirements (palm oil, 30% parts made in Malaysia) turned PAC away.
  • Hürjet hasn't started first flight yet so might not be ready, the tender requires immediate and tight delivery schedule (within 36 months).
  • The competition will be between L-15, FA-50 and M-346.

Last edited:
IMO we should wait, this report only says "The United Arab Emirates plans to order 12 L-15 light attack planes from China, with the option of purchasing 36 more" as such it is not a done deal and I rate it more a poker game towards Leonardo for its own M-346 and the US to approve anything towards the F-35... otherwise this option is dead.

IMO we should wait, this report only says "The United Arab Emirates plans to order 12 L-15 light attack planes from China, with the option of purchasing 36 more" as such it is not a done deal and I rate it more a poker game towards Leonardo for its own M-346 and the US to approve anything towards the F-35... otherwise this option is dead.

According to the UAE the talks have progressed to the final level and they are just waiting for the Chinese side to sign as well. It is pretty much a done deal if the engine supply doesn't get chocked.

Again you are acting like a spoilt brat, and you keep trolling me.
That's what's going on here.
You believe you can reply to a person and they should obey you, and not reply back, you are an arrogant twat.

It is not me who goes running to mods for protection, it's you, defend yourself if you are man enough, and don't go running off like a silly child throwing tantrums.

In your world of slavery, saying anything is an attack, in rest of the world, having an opinion is not an attack, so stop being the fool. I and everyone else is allowed to have an opinion,
Do you understand? We are not slaves like you.

You are a hypocrite, who replies to my message with a personal attack, and then claims offence. This is a public forum, I shall say what I want as long as it is not rude, I did not say anything rude about your country. You turned this discussion into a personal attack, and you don't expect me to say anything in return, you are crazy.

Now go bother someone else, you silly
troll.

its not my job to teach you good manners, or to change how adults in your life brain washed you and instilled such negative thoughts in your brain against Arabs in general and GCC Arabs specifically.

enjoy your life :)

its not my job to teach you good manners, or to change how adults in your life brain washed you and instilled such negative thoughts in your brain against Arabs in general and GCC Arabs specifically.

enjoy your life :)

Before you attempt to teach others, teach yourself.
Your arrogance is just astounding.
You are a rude individual, and a shameless troll.

the UAE doesn't have to go through a full blown war or invasion to start buying weapons and planes. Chess moves are being made in the region NOT in the best interest of the UAE. UAE takes action. full stop. if it irritates people that a small country is making moves then they should stop being ancient dinosaur bullies and join the UAE in development and peace.

and you have no idea how good Emiratis have it in the UAE. Al hamdulelah always and forever.

Emiratis are a humble people. We know we have been given a gift by Allah.

what you are seeing from me is not called ego, its called a spoon-full of your own medicine. the way you speak of my country and of me personally is obnoxious and rude. So sir , you get it right back and it is only fair you accept it.
Whats with the extremely diversified procurement policy ?

According to the UAE the talks have progressed to the final level and they are just waiting for the Chinese side to sign as well. It is pretty much a done deal if the engine supply doesn't get chocked.
Bad news is ukraine is done~~,i hope AVIC still have enough al222-25s for the deal

Last edited:
Whats with the extremely diversified procurement policy ?
If you're going to do clandestine shit, better use something that wouldn't gonna bite you in the ***.

During East Timor war of independence, Indonesia used British-made Hawk to bomb the freedom fighters. The brits got wind of it and promptly sanctioned Indonesia, thus the birds couldn't fly due to dried up parts until much later when the UK relaxed the sanction.

The same goes to plenty of Western -made military equipment. One of the clauses is that their weapon cannot be used in what they deem as suppression of human rights. That's where countries like China came in as they wouldn't give a hoot about how their weapon is used the moment it left chinese ports

If you're going to do clandestine shit, better use something that wouldn't gonna bite you in the ***.

During East Timor war of independence, Indonesia used British-made Hawk to bomb the freedom fighters. The brits got wind of it and promptly sanctioned Indonesia, thus the birds couldn't fly due to dried up parts until much later when the UK relaxed the sanction.

The same goes to plenty of Western -made military equipment. One of the clauses is that their weapon cannot be used in what they deem as suppression of human rights. That's where countries like China came in as they wouldn't give a hoot about how their weapon is used the moment it left chinese ports
But its a trainer not an offensive platform as for Yemen the west is ok with how Saudi and UAE is dealing with it so my question is why are they going for the Chinese option given that their relationship with west is still pretty chill

Yes not done deal but very likely will materialize. UAE very piss with US and try to diversify more of its military supply.

But its a trainer not an offensive platform as for Yemen the west is ok with how Saudi and UAE is dealing with it so my question is why are they going for the Chinese option given that their relationship with west is still pretty chill
>trainer

Which is more than adequate for the types of mission it's doing.

>west is ok

Probably for limited interdiction as we see right now. Also just because the news didn't/haven't report anything doesn't mean there's no behind door protests. Already we heard about calls to sanction military export to Saudi arabia.

the UAE doesn't have to go through a full blown war or invasion to start buying weapons and planes. Chess moves are being made in the region NOT in the best interest of the UAE. UAE takes action. full stop. if it irritates people that a small country is making moves then they should stop being ancient dinosaur bullies and join the UAE in development and peace.

and you have no idea how good Emiratis have it in the UAE. Al hamdulelah always and forever.

Emiratis are a humble people. We know we have been given a gift by Allah.

what you are seeing from me is not called ego, its called a spoon-full of your own medicine. the way you speak of my country and of me personally is obnoxious and rude. So sir , you get it right back and it is only fair you accept it.

very well articulated.

The UAE is a highly developed country with hundreds of billions (already in the low trillions) of $$ spent on strategic infrastructure projects that put countries in the region with huge populations to shame.

doesn't matter if we have 1 living in the UAE or 1 million, we need to protects people AND assets (even if this means the UAE has to step on the toes of old bullies to insure peace). Why do people around here get their undies in a knot when the UAE decides to purchase planes or weapons is beyond me, the UAE can afford it AND it takes care of their people better than any country out there ....
I grew up in UAE. Al Ain, Sharjah and Dubai. My father was attached to UAE Air Force for 12 years on Hawk 102s as an IP. And I have done 2 deployments to UAE. I gotta say, the way the Emirati government looks after their people is superb.

Back
Top Bottom