What's new

U.S. to Eliminate Iran Oil Waivers After May 2 Expiration

Absolutely, that's Bolton's and his Israeli friends' plan isn't it? 2 strike groups in the Persian Gulf. Either way, Iran is getting screwed, we either take it quietly nd lose or start something and send oil to 150 bucks and lose loudly. Whatever we do it has to be the thing they're not counting on. I would say the best plan is disrupt the oil supply somewhere else, I would think we disrupt supply at Saudi or UAE terminals which will effect the oil price without having a direct conflict with Americans.
I think we should worry when they pull their strike group out of Persian Gulf not while they're in it. Iran has had worth situations. There are always options

Absolutely, that's Bolton's and his Israeli friends' plan isn't it? 2 strike groups in the Persian Gulf. Either way, Iran is getting screwed, we either take it quietly nd lose or start something and send oil to 150 bucks and lose loudly. Whatever we do it has to be the thing they're not counting on. I would say the best plan is disrupt the oil supply somewhere else, I would think we disrupt supply at Saudi or UAE terminals which will effect the oil price without having a direct conflict with Americans.
Thats actually a potentially good idea,target the oil suppliers whom the west thinks can make up the difference in any iranian oil shortfall.Target the saudis and the gulfies with a campaign of sabotage against their oil transport and loading facilities ie pipelines and docks.I think this would also send a clear message,tho the problem of course is whether the chumpists and their wahabist vassals would have the brains to comprehend it and of course whether rouhani would have the required backbone to initiate it.
The main problem is that in the long run the chumpists are determined to try and destroy iran economically,and if no one else is willing to stand up to them and put their own interests first then iran is only going to be left with drastic options ie if iran cant sell its oil then no one in the me will be able to sell oil.

something about BOLTON my favourite insane man...They say:

"Bolton is a man who never saw a war he did not like" !

Miskeen Kamil, quoting his masters the Israeli's and Americans as gods truth.

"Miskeen Kamil"

*Kind of appropriate name for @Khafee lol. Yeh I kinda like Raza Mir.
Are you brother of Hamid Mir :partay:

What do you mean? IK isn't going to get assassinated because in his watch we can have nightclubs galore, alcohol being publicly sold, women in miniskirts, brothels taking the place of Madrasas, gays and transvestites having elevated rights, monopolies by zion enterprises etc. The true liberal Pakistan will shine.
Why would you say so?

April 21, 2019, 2:50 PM EDT
  • Announcement of Trump decision said to be planned for Monday

• Pompeo secures commitments on offsets from Saudi Arabia, UAE
360x-1.jpg

Photographer: Ali Mohammadi/Bloomberg
The Trump administration won’t renew the waivers that let countries buy Iranian crude oil without facing U.S. sanctions, according to four people familiar with the matter, a move that could roil energy markets and risks upsetting major importers such as India and China.

Secretary of State Michael Pompeo will announce the decision on Monday morning, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing a plan that hasn’t been formally unveiled. The current set of waivers -- issued to China, India, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Taiwan -- expire on May 2.

The administration also will announce commitments from other suppliers, including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, that will offset the loss of Iranian crude on the market, according to two of the people.

The decision not to renew the waivers is a victory for National Security Advisor John Bolton and his allies who had argued that U.S. promises to get tough on Iran were meaningless with waivers still in place. Pompeo and his team had been more cautious, though they also had argued that the market was well-enough supplied to ramp up the pressure on Iran.

“The maximum pressure campaign could not be maximalist until the administration cut off Iran’s oil exports,” said Mark Dubowitz, the chief executive officer of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies and a supporter of additional sanctions on Iran. “With this decision, Iran’s economy will be under severe pressure as its hard currency earnings dry up and its foreign exchange reserves plummet.”

The State Department declined to comment on Sunday night. One of the people said that President Donald Trump had briefed Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman and U.A.E. Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Zayed on the decision in phone calls in the last few days. The U.S. decision was reported earlier by the Washington Post.

Read More: Trump Team Divided Over Iran Oil Waivers as Next Deadline Nears

Trump withdrew from the 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers almost a year ago and revived a range of sanctions against Iran and any countries doing business with the Islamic Republic. But he and his top advisers have been wary of roiling energy markets -- and spurring a hike in prices at the pump in the U.S. For that reason, they allowed waivers for Iran’s biggest buyers of crude, including China, India and Turkey.

One of the people said that some of the countries that had previously received waivers would be given a little more time to wind down purchases. The person described that not as a waiver but more as a brief grace period.

Bolton and officials in the Energy Department argue that it’s time for the administration to make good on its desire to push Iran’s oil exports to zero. Pompeo’s team, led by Iran special representative Brian Hook, cautioned that a sudden removal of Iranian crude from the market -- about 1.1 million barrels a day -- could fuel volatility and lead to a price spike.

“We certainly aren’t looking to grant any exceptions or waivers,” Hook said in an interview this month with Kevin Cirilli on Bloomberg Radio’s “Sound On.” Oil markets are better supplied this year than last, and that “puts us in a better position to accelerate the path to zero,” he said.

The risk now is the decision could spike crude prices just as Trump begins to gear up to campaign for a second term. His administration had been wary of doing anything that could push crude prices above $70 a barrel, but as of Friday, the price of Brent was at $72.

The administration had also faced growing pressure from Iran hawks in the Senate, including Ted Cruz of Texas and Tom Cotton of Arkansas, to cut waivers to zero. Some senators had threatened to hold up administration nominees if the waivers stayed in place and argued that continuing to grant exemptions would be a direct contradiction of the Trump administration’s decision to leave the Iran deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...inate-iran-oil-waivers-after-may-2-expiration
Golden
April 21, 2019, 2:50 PM EDT
  • Announcement of Trump decision said to be planned for Monday

• Pompeo secures commitments on offsets from Saudi Arabia, UAE
360x-1.jpg

Photographer: Ali Mohammadi/Bloomberg
The Trump administration won’t renew the waivers that let countries buy Iranian crude oil without facing U.S. sanctions, according to four people familiar with the matter, a move that could roil energy markets and risks upsetting major importers such as India and China.

Secretary of State Michael Pompeo will announce the decision on Monday morning, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing a plan that hasn’t been formally unveiled. The current set of waivers -- issued to China, India, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Taiwan -- expire on May 2.

The administration also will announce commitments from other suppliers, including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, that will offset the loss of Iranian crude on the market, according to two of the people.

The decision not to renew the waivers is a victory for National Security Advisor John Bolton and his allies who had argued that U.S. promises to get tough on Iran were meaningless with waivers still in place. Pompeo and his team had been more cautious, though they also had argued that the market was well-enough supplied to ramp up the pressure on Iran.

“The maximum pressure campaign could not be maximalist until the administration cut off Iran’s oil exports,” said Mark Dubowitz, the chief executive officer of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies and a supporter of additional sanctions on Iran. “With this decision, Iran’s economy will be under severe pressure as its hard currency earnings dry up and its foreign exchange reserves plummet.”

The State Department declined to comment on Sunday night. One of the people said that President Donald Trump had briefed Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman and U.A.E. Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Zayed on the decision in phone calls in the last few days. The U.S. decision was reported earlier by the Washington Post.

Read More: Trump Team Divided Over Iran Oil Waivers as Next Deadline Nears

Trump withdrew from the 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers almost a year ago and revived a range of sanctions against Iran and any countries doing business with the Islamic Republic. But he and his top advisers have been wary of roiling energy markets -- and spurring a hike in prices at the pump in the U.S. For that reason, they allowed waivers for Iran’s biggest buyers of crude, including China, India and Turkey.

One of the people said that some of the countries that had previously received waivers would be given a little more time to wind down purchases. The person described that not as a waiver but more as a brief grace period.

Bolton and officials in the Energy Department argue that it’s time for the administration to make good on its desire to push Iran’s oil exports to zero. Pompeo’s team, led by Iran special representative Brian Hook, cautioned that a sudden removal of Iranian crude from the market -- about 1.1 million barrels a day -- could fuel volatility and lead to a price spike.

“We certainly aren’t looking to grant any exceptions or waivers,” Hook said in an interview this month with Kevin Cirilli on Bloomberg Radio’s “Sound On.” Oil markets are better supplied this year than last, and that “puts us in a better position to accelerate the path to zero,” he said.

The risk now is the decision could spike crude prices just as Trump begins to gear up to campaign for a second term. His administration had been wary of doing anything that could push crude prices above $70 a barrel, but as of Friday, the price of Brent was at $72.

The administration had also faced growing pressure from Iran hawks in the Senate, including Ted Cruz of Texas and Tom Cotton of Arkansas, to cut waivers to zero. Some senators had threatened to hold up administration nominees if the waivers stayed in place and argued that continuing to grant exemptions would be a direct contradiction of the Trump administration’s decision to leave the Iran deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...inate-iran-oil-waivers-after-may-2-expiration
Golden Chance For Pakistan to extract Oil and Gas from Balochistan

Due to Iran presence in Lebanon the lands occupied by isreal got liberated.
Hezbollah's strategy was a factor.

Due to Iran presence in Iraq all off the lands occupied by isis got liberated.
Due to Iran presence in Syria most of the lands occupied by isis and terrorists got liberated the rest in near future.
ISIS movement was too vast for Iran-backed Shiite militias to handle all on their own; US-led forces played a major role in routing ISIS across Iraq and Syria (2014 - 2018). The kind of firepower USAF and USN could provide from above, and American special forces joined Iraqi armed forces (in Iraq) as well as SDF (in Syria) to coordinate and consolidate gains on the surface. These developments are well-documented.

God willing Yemen would be freed from yoke of american regional pawns and puppets too very soon.
Let us see - although KSA-led forces are mainly active in Yemen.

The most important part is the sad condition of populace of Yemen - very sad.

Does that matter? He will find something. And that 'Miskeen Kamil' comment was my rejoinder to @Khafee calling me 'Reza Mir'. But I thought mine hit him straight in the nuts ~ Kamil in English is?

Twist in the wind you may, but the disgrace you brought upon your name Reza Mir, and yourself for being disbarred for financial fraud cannot be denied. Keep screaming and howling.

With your weak heart, you can only dream of hitting.

Last edited:
Does that matter? He will find something. And that 'Miskeen Kamil' comment was my rejoinder to @Khafee calling me 'Reza Mir'. But I thought mine hit him straight in the nuts ~ Kamil in English is?
No, I'm alluding to @khansaheeb 's comment about IK turning Pakistan into a brothel. BTW, you like to live in a brothel? as you said you find it agreeable place to live.

With your weak heart, you can only dream of hitting.
No, hitting please....only spanking :partay:

Metaphorically speaking, Yes. UK is one. Today the weather is warm. Half naked women everywhere, others slutting on top of bare chested guys, others drunk and copulating behind trees. Drink, alochol, semi-naked loose women everywhere. Gays, lesbians touting themselves. More bastards born then in wedlock. Wtf? UK has turned to a brothel. If only the Victorians came back. Lack of pious behaviour,

Maybe Sweden is differant.
Sweden outlawed prostitution more than two decades ago...
BTW the question is about Pakistan... Not UK or Sweden.

Golden

Golden Chance For Pakistan to extract Oil and Gas from Balochistan

And just out of curiosity what oil and gas would that be?[tho sadly I suspect that I`ve heard this particular conspiracy theory before]
I mean IF theres actually oil and gas [in commercial quantities] on the pak side of the border then why oh why has the pak government not been extracting this just as fast as it could get a chinese drilling rig on site?
Veeery strange behavior.

Back
Top Bottom