What's new

U.S. seeks to defuse spat with India

she is an IFS officer who is a group A civil servant and she gets some privileges as per the protocol entitled to her which includes residence,car,fuel,driver ,medical expenses etc..this includes a maid.they are not luxuries.they are given those facilities because they must not get burdened with other stuff and concentrate on the important stuff. so the wage of the maid is actually provided by the GOI.there are 1.2 billion people back home and there are many in u.s so the nature of work would be heavy.so she has every right to avail the facilities forwarded to her by GOI. not every country can pay such huge wages and u.s must exempt diplomats from such things. socio-economic conditions of the guest country must be kept in mind.

even though homo sexuality is a crime in india we still extended visas to their companions because we must not see them through our social lens.its not correct on the part of u.s to decide what protocol must be given to the diplomats or what salaries must be given to their maids.besides they were duely informed that the case is already subjudice.and yet there is no point in taking such grave steps by us. this did not happen all of a sudden.the maids family was given u.s visas before arresting the diplomat.so everything was planned well before.
easier now??

Why are you spamming the same answer over and over again? You gave me the same answer in:U.S. seeks to defuse spat with India | Page 3

Just because you increase the font and add some bright colors doesn't mean that my question changes or you help answer it....

Why are you spamming the same answer over and over again? You gave me the same answer in:U.S. seeks to defuse spat with India | Page 3

Just because you increase the font and add some bright colors doesn't mean that my question changes or you help answer it....
"this reads like a clusterfuck!"

so i thought it was difficult for u to read made it easier for u.i did not understand the POV of a H.R lawyer please be specific.and dont you agree with my post??

Stop spouting out this verbal diarrhea educate yourself in the law that ljunior diplomats must abide by and then get back to me: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/150546.pdf

There is no question as to what happened here, she made the choice to commit 2 felonies, she is now paying the price for it.

Do you even know what deputy counsel general is ?
Did you even read the link you quoted me ? or are you just trolling ?
Do you know what the Vienna conventions are ?

as i said, you are hilariously incompetent :disagree:

Maybe she should have thought about that before she broke the law. She lost any "dignity" she had when she put herself into that situation. When you play stupid games, don't be surprised when you win stupid prizes... Brilliant political move on India's part, for a country hell bent on winning the popularity contest over Pakistan with the US this was a stupid maneuver to make.

Come on, don't be dense on this, why would we even bother with being more popular than Pakistan "with the US" as if it even matters to us except here on PDf because we are commenting on their site. :lol: what made you come to that stupid conclusion?

"Broke the law" is a conjecture that needs to be proved - she being "not a low level diplomat" and being someone that matters hence the objections and the retaliatory actions that have been taken about it.

Wait for the results of this spat before you can figure out what game is actually being played.

"this reads like a clusterfuck!"

so i thought it was difficult for u to read made it easier for u.i did not understand the POV of a H.R lawyer please be specific.and dont you agree with my post??

NO,no bahi the situation reads like a Clusterfuck.... Not your post! the POV of an HR lawyer was my friend Umar an H.R. lawyer in Miami, we were discussing this on skype today... Let's hope India gets her Apology. :)
:tup:

NO,no bahi the situation reads like a Clusterfuck.... Not your post! the POV of an HR lawyer was my friend Umar an H.R. lawyer in Miami, we were discussing this on skype today... Let's hope India gets her Apology. :)
:tup:
thank you.lets hope so..thats not a way to treat a diplomat and certainly not a women.her dignity must be restored.

Who in their right mind from South Asia would pay 4500 USD as salary for a maid plus all the privileges of free food, diplomatic passport, free accommodation, free travel?

You think US embassies in Pakistan or India pay their local gardeners, drivers and other maids and servants lakhs of rupees per month as salaries?

Man...even i doubt that that much of money may not be the salary of the consulate itself...Forget about paying it to the nanny...

The tragic thing about this is that the junior diplomat coming from India to the US had one primary objective (supposedly) "women's rights" what does she do? Forge documents, and then proceed to use modern day slavery on a woman.

:facepalm:

@TheJewverine

So here we have the details unraveling, the maids family was given an expedited visa in return for her testimony against Khobragade.

Seems like DA cut a deal to get her family a visa so he could have her testify.

Philip was given a T-visa, which allows certain victims of human trafficking and immediate family members to remain and work temporarily in the United States if they agree to assist law enforcement in testifying against the perpetrators.
Khobragade Gate: The Plot Thickens

Still sure about the maid being held under slavery?

@TheJewverine

So here we have the details unraveling, the maids family was given an expedited visa in return for her testimony against Khobragade.

Seems like DA cut a deal to get her family a visa so he could have her testify.

Khobragade Gate: The Plot Thickens

Still sure about the maid being held under slavery?

1) do you have a reputable source with a link for that quote? I'd like to read it myself, as everything posted from reputable news outlets so far state no such information.

2) modern day slavery = paying someone a wage that does not allow them to sustain themselves while taking away their passport. This is exactly what this junior diplomat did, and I do not change my viewpoint on that.

The fact that many of you on this forum are defending here is the most disturbing part. Do you think it is morally acceptable to take away someones identification, and then pay them basically non existent wages? It shouldn't even be a discussion of whether or not she is guilty (she is) it's an issue of morality here, she is obviously bankrupt in that respect.

The fact that many of you on this forum are defending here is the most disturbing part. Do you think it is morally acceptable to take away someones identification, and then pay them basically non existent wages? It shouldn't even be a discussion of whether or not she is guilty (she is) it's an issue of morality here, she is obviously bankrupt in that respect.
I think the salary of that Indian diplomat is less than US minimum wages.

1) do you have a reputable source with a link for that quote? I'd like to read it myself, as everything posted from reputable news outlets so far state no such information.

2) modern day slavery = paying someone a wage that does not allow them to sustain themselves while taking away their passport. This is exactly what this junior diplomat did, and I do not change my viewpoint on that.

You are missing the point here.

No one is questioning the US's authority to prosecute her for any alleged crime - the objection (and the only objection) raised is towards the manner in which she was detained (handcuffed in front of her kids, DNA tested, cavity searched, man handled and put behind bars with drug drug addicts) and was treated. A simple letter asking for information or a letter asking her to present herself in front of the DA would have sufficed - and this is because she is an Indian diplomat.

You are missing the point here.

No one is questioning the US's authority to prosecute her for any alleged crime - the objection (and the only objection) raised is towards the manner in which she was detained (handcuffed in front of her kids, DNA tested, cavity searched, man handled and put behind bars with drug drug addicts) and was treated. A simple letter asking for information or a letter asking her to present herself in front of the DA would have sufficed - and this is because she is an Indian diplomat.

Illusion8, I'm not missing that point, if you read my posts above I specifically addressed that point. Diplomatic immunity does not cover the crimes she committed. As I said before, if she didn't want to expose her children to seeing their mother in that situation, and not be placed with the responsibility of going through this ordeal she should have followed the laws of the land. Instead she falsely imprisoned a human being, forged documents, and committed other yet to be revealed crimes.

I think the salary of that Indian diplomat is less than US minimum wages.

That is 110% incorrect. You honestly believe she was paid by India less than $7 per hour? Are you kidding me right now?

Here you go.

India Accuses US of Conspiracy for Granting Visa to Maid's Family

If she wasnt paid a wage that allowed her to sustain, how did she sustain herself for about a year of employment? For that you will have to define wages, and not by US standards.

Here is how--> She get free boarding and food. She gets her daily expenses and needs taken care of as part of how maids are treated here.

If we go by that argument none of the Indian diplomats can sustain themselves, they get paid less than the minimum wage.

You are making you argument based on wrong assumptions, and while you are at it you are preaching morality as well, on wrong assumptions dude.

Same Link:

"The Deputy Consul General (later) received a phone call from a lawyer who refused to identify himself and offered to settle the matter that would result in grant of permanent citizenship to her and a huge compensation. It became clear that this was a conspiracy and some people trapped her," he said, adding the treatment meted out to Khobragade had "not happened out of blue" and there is a "history" behind it.

Significantly, the family of the maid, Sangeeta Richard, was granted visa by the US embassy despite India being in touch with Americans since her disappearance and cancellation of her official passport in June. The family - Sangeeta's husband Philip and two children- left for New York on December 10, just two days before Khobragade was arrested.

Even though the US government feigned ignorance, it may have been aware about the whereabouts of Sangeeta Richard.

Officials in the government here wonder the husband's exit from India was facilitated deliberately before Khobragade's arrest to make him unreachable to the Indian authorities.

You know what this is turning out to be? The case where the DA went against the State department norms to catch himself a big fish, and could very well have broken the law by facilitating the maids family's immigration against a notification by Indian authorities that her case was sub-judice.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom