What's new

U.S. seeks to defuse spat with India

they can gently call her to Marshals Office and arrest or they can enter embassy arrest.

Ahem... This is the US POLICE you are talking about... Shoot First, Shoot some more and then worry about asking questions later...

they can enter embassy arrest

They can't arrest her inside the Indian embassy. That would be an act of WAR!

There's also the case of visa fraud and falsified documents. And more interestingly, the maid was report absconding by India and they'd sought US assistance in locating her.

Maid exploitation: Arrested Indian diplomat in US freed on bail, Delhi expresses concern - Times Of India

Offcource there is chance.. They might have falsified documents to get VISA. Isnt it most of the people do when try for a VISA abroad.. I know some private banks giving false bank statements for money inorder to apply for VISA.. The maid must have agreed for the lower wages because $573 a month is still a decent salary in India.. and it excludes food and accommodation.. The maid might have thought she can earn extra money by working outside and her visa does not allow her to do that.. Thats why when all hell broke loose.

Because I was replying to RescueRanger from Pakistan and there are some parallels to be drawn from the issues.

No, you choose to draw up this parallel as a means to try and insult us. You expect us to appreciate your stance on something and then you go right ahead and insult us. What kind of response do you expect from doing this?

Offcource there is chance.. They might have falsified documents to get VISA. Isnt it most of the people do when try for a VISA abroad

Erm, no...

Every case is proved wrong...even false document charge is wrong and is a falsified charge

Source please

I think the arrest was fine, they had their law and they acted on it, just the way she was arrested...thats what has me boiling, else every part of this news is a routine...indian babus misusing their power.

Ahem... This is the US POLICE you are talking about... Shoot First, Shoot some more and then worry about asking questions later...

They can't arrest her inside the Indian embassy. That would be an act of WAR!

Well I can say if they dont harrassed that diplomat,India will not going to protest if they enter
Indian Embassy.All this become issue because the manner she was treated by US.That is the main problem

Well I can say if they dont harrassed that diplomat,India will not going to protest if they enter
Indian Embassy.All this become issue because the manner she was treated by US.That is the main problem

they will never enter embessy , its ballzy season for congress right now after the election defeat US never bothered to enter Ecuador embassy they wont ever ever come inside india

As a consular official, under the U.N.’s 1963 Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, Khobragade does have limited diplomatic immunity for work in the official line of duty. Under those guidelines, consular officials can still be arrested or detained for a felony. If American prosecutors pursue a full case, they will likely argue that the charges against Khobragade — one count of visa fraud and one count of making false statements — are not related to her official duties. The charges carry a maximum sentence of 10 years and five years, respectively, and Khobragade’s attorney has said she plans to challenge the arrest on the grounds of diplomatic immunity.

She doesn't intend to challenge the visa fraud and false statement charges, but use diplomatic immunity instead. Having said that, the mistreatment should not be acceptable.

Indian Diplomat's Arrest in New York City Sparks Row With U.S. | TIME.com

She doesn't intend to challenge the visa fraud and false statement charges, but use diplomatic immunity instead. Having said that, the mistreatment should not be acceptable.

Yes, exactly. This is my point, that whilst the treatment of this lady was barbaric... I think a lot of people back in India are using this to :butcher:.

I think the arrest was fine, they had their law and they acted on it, just the way she was arrested...thats what has me boiling, else every part of this news is a routine...indian babus misusing their power.

You dont get all information dont you?If not then not jump in to a suggestion.Do you where is that nanny now?She and her family is now in USA.Do you know what is her problem?greed ,she want to be a permanent resident in US. US made VISA fraud.Because delhi high court already ordered an injunction against that nanny.And US issue her family visa against court order.

They employ workers on their sovereign national property aka consulates where their land's law and wages apply, do they pay them equally to what they would pay if they had imported the workers? doesn't it smack of double standards here?

The maid work in her house, which is not a part of India's territory. The maid is a personal worker.

Only the ambassador's personal home has diplomatic protection. No other personal home or family members enjoy diplomatic protection. The consular and vice consular get only consulate protection, not diplomatic protection.

The maid work in her house, which is not a part of India's territory. The maid is a personal worker.

Only the ambassador's personal home has diplomatic protection. No other personal home or family members enjoy diplomatic protection. The consular and vice consular get only consulate protection, not diplomatic protection.

Define what's a A3 visa, before that let me know if you are posting as an American or as a 50 center.

Back
Top Bottom