What's new

U.S. seeks to defuse spat with India

What are arrests in India like? How should the deputy consul have been arrested?

Oh yeah, a mother of two kids driving her kids to school needs to be handcuffed just outside her kids school and dragged to jail, dna tested, cavity tested and strip searched.

I'm just amazed by US's arrogance. With all that going around in the world, they still think they are can rule the roost & bully anyone & everyone they want. They fail to realize how quickly public opinions can change & they have a real knack of turning public opinion against them. Maybe this time they have gone too far. Those protests infront of their embassy should say something. They are accustomed to those kind of things in lesser countries.... but coming from a Country like India will have far reaching implications!

some of the loony Indians around me just got knocked to their sense by this news and is reviewing the idea of going to U.S

Yeah, I guess that's why she was arrested.
@Solomon2
That may be. But when did a visa fraud charge require strip search ? Are you seriously going to continue defending the USMS for their utter lack of sensitivity when dealing with a diplomat ? Just an arrest or a detention wouldn't have caused this kind of uproar in India. The fact that the USMS subjected her to a completely un-necessary cavity search ruffled a lot of feathers. Pointless, stupid and definitely requires an apology

This isn't a first either. A defence minister and a former president of India was also subjected to a strip search by the TSA despite their immunity. The US goes too far. Especially at a time like this-when their allies aren't exactly "chummy".

Than don't bring them over? Employment LAW, is exactly that... THE LAW!
she is an IFS officer who is a group A civil servant and she gets some privileges as per the protocol entitled to her which includes residence,car,fuel,driver ,medical expenses etc..this includes a maid.they are not luxuries.they are given those facilities because they must not get burdened with other stuff and concentrate on the important stuff. so the wage of the maid is actually decided by the GOI.ther are 1.2 billion people back home and there are many in u.s so the nature of work would be heavy.so she has every right to avail the facilities forwarded to her by GOI. not every country can pay such huge wages and u.s must exempt diplomats from such things.socio economic conditions of the guest country must be kept in mind.

even though homo sexuality is a crime in india we still extended visas to their companions because we must not see them through our social lens.its not correct on the part of u.s to decide what protocol must be given to the diplomats or what salaries must be given to their maids.besides they were duely informed that the case is already subjudice.and yet there is not point in taking such grave steps by us. this did not happen all of a sudden.the maids family was given u.s visas before arresting the diplomat.so everything was planned well before.

Last edited:
VIP culture, Pakistanis and Emarati's do it too apparently. Furthermore why would you need a maid in the US? or Europe, the houses are small like servant quarters, they have the latest cleaning gizmo's like vacuum cleaners, dryers, dish washers, washing machines etc...

Also did I read correctly that minimum wage was also an issue?

Not just the minimum wage issue, there is also the issue of lying to the US Government.

Do you even know what are standard operating procedures are ? or do you even know whats going on here ? Do you know what diplomatic immunity means or are you randomly writing things without an iota of common sense ?

Do I even know "what are standard operating procedures are?"

our?

:lol:

Go back to school kid, your grammar and understanding of the term "diplomatic immunity" are severely flawed.

1) She was a low level diplomat not held to the same standards as higher ranking "real" diplomats.

2) diplomatic immunity does not give you the right to do whatever you want, and allows immunity to a very limited and specific set of laws.

You have more than an iota of common sense, so I'm sure you already knew this before you posted your wildly incorrect comment, correct?

:rolleyes:

Looks like this is finally gaining momentum, It's on the CNN's header now, compared to oblivion, yesterday!!!! lets see how this plays out

I'm just amazed by US's arrogance. With all that going around in the world, they still think they are can rule the roost & bully anyone & everyone they want. They fail to realize how quickly public opinions can change & they have a real knack of turning public opinion against them. Maybe this time they have gone too far. Those protests infront of their embassy should say something. They are accustomed to those kind of things in lesser countries.... but coming from a Country like India will have far reaching implications!

Not just the minimum wage issue, there is also the issue of lying to the US Government.

Here's my reply earlier.

That may be. But when did a visa fraud charge require strip search ? Are you seriously going to continue defending the USMS for their utter lack of sensitivity when dealing with a diplomat ? Just an arrest or a detention wouldn't have caused this kind of uproar in India. The fact that the USMS subjected her to a completely un-necessary cavity search ruffled a lot of feathers. Pointless, stupid and definitely requires an apology

This isn't a first either. A defence minister and a former president of India was also subjected to a strip search by the TSA despite their immunity. The US goes too far. Especially at a time like this-when their allies aren't exactly "chummy".

Maybe she should have thought about that before she broke the law. She lost any "dignity" she had when she put herself into that situation. When you play stupid games, don't be surprised when you win stupid prizes... Brilliant political move on India's part, for a country hell bent on winning the popularity contest over Pakistan with the US this was a stupid maneuver to make.

The law was not being implemented with regards to foreign diplomats way before she was there.

It was part of diplomatic niceties being afforded to other diplomats as well. This is more likely a case of an over-zealous DA known for his penchant for going after big fish to stick his nose into diplomatic affairs, that is exactly why state and DA are giving out different stories. That is exactly why state is already expressing regrets over this.

And hell-bent over Pakistan? :lol: .
We moved past Pakistan and the stupid popularity contests way before, remember the brilliant stunt we pulled when US sent over that battle group to support their favorite Paksitanis?

Who the **** brings maid all over to US from India :girl_wacko:

kanthabaaiii chali amrika

Some clarifications:

1. A North American posted in Western Europe is most likely not to bring a american maid/nanny. He/she would hire a local one. However if its Eastern Europe where language may be a barrier, they might do it.
  2. A North American posted in the Indian subcontinent or SEA (even Singapore) will definitely have a maid or nanny who who be a local (who is already accustomed to serving the diplomatic/expat community)
  3. A South Asian (I'm including the entire SAARC) will definitely bring or share a home country maid/"servant" when posted in a developed country. The diplomats are mostly elites or influential. The person brought in is considered to be bestowed a favor when relocating with the diplomat.
These inferences were from a study conducted on expats ...I'm not able to find the research paper..I'll continue searching meanwhile:ph34r:

Do I even know "what are standard operating procedures are?"

our?

:lol:

Go back to school kid, your grammar and understanding of the term "diplomatic immunity" are severely flawed.

1) She was a low level diplomat not held to the same standards as higher ranking "real" diplomats.

2) diplomatic immunity does not give you the right to do whatever you want, and allows immunity to a very limited and specific set of laws.

You have more than an iota of common sense, so I'm sure you already knew this before you posted your wildly incorrect comment, correct?

:rolleyes:

as i said you you lack basic common sense and issues with English comprehension as this has been explained a million times already ...

Its is morally bankrupt of you to justify the treatment given to the diplomat over an accusation which was false. more over this was a well planned entrapment but am not going to explain that again...read the thread again.. if you cant figure out and you agree completely to your incompetence...ill explain it

she is an IFS officer who is a group A civil servant and she gets some privileges as per the protocol entitled to her which includes residence,car,fuel,driver ,medical expenses etc..this includes a maid.they are not luxories.they are given those facilities because they must not get burdened with other stuff and concentrate on the important stuff. so the wage of the maid is actually decided by the GOI.ther are 1.2 billion people back home and there are many in u.s so the nature of work would be heavy.so she has every right to avail the facilities forworded to her by GOI. not every country can pay such huge wages and u.s must exempt diplomats from such things.socio economic conditions of the guest country must be kept in mind.

even though homo sexuality is a crime in india we still extended visas to their companions because we must not see them through our social lens.its not correct on the part of u.s to decide what protocol must be given to the diplomats or what salaries must be given to their maids.besides they were duely informed that the case is already prejudice.and yet there is not point in taking such grave steps by us. this did not happen all of a sudden.the maids family was given u.s visas before arresting the diplomat.so everything was planned well before.

Sorry but you have to look at it from point of an H.R Lawyer and this reads like a clusterfuck!

Sorry but you have to look at it from point of an H.R Lawyer and this reads like a clusterfuck!
she is an IFS officer who is a group A civil servant and she gets some privileges as per the protocol entitled to her which includes residence,car,fuel,driver ,medical expenses etc..this includes a maid.they are not luxuries.they are given those facilities because they must not get burdened with other stuff and concentrate on the important stuff. so the wage of the maid is actually provided by the GOI.there are 1.2 billion people back home and there are many in u.s so the nature of work would be heavy.so she has every right to avail the facilities forwarded to her by GOI. not every country can pay such huge wages and u.s must exempt diplomats from such things. socio-economic conditions of the guest country must be kept in mind.

even though homo sexuality is a crime in india we still extended visas to their companions because we must not see them through our social lens.its not correct on the part of u.s to decide what protocol must be given to the diplomats or what salaries must be given to their maids.besides they were duely informed that the case is already subjudice.and yet there is no point in taking such grave steps by us. this did not happen all of a sudden.the maids family was given u.s visas before arresting the diplomat.so everything was planned well before.
easier now??

Last edited:
as i said you you lack basic common sense and issues with English comprehension as this has been explained a million times already ...

Its is morally bankrupt of you to justify the treatment given to the diplomat over an accusation which was false. more over this was a well planned entrapment but am not going to explain that again...read the thread again.. if you cant figure out and you agree completely to your incompetence...ill explain it

Stop spouting out this verbal diarrhea educate yourself in the law that ljunior diplomats must abide by and then get back to me: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/150546.pdf

There is no question as to what happened here, she made the choice to commit 2 felonies, she is now paying the price for it.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom