What's new

U.S Presidential Elections

I took the liberty to make some rough calculations:

US population:

Total population of "2012 Swing States":
(Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin)

66 million

66/311 = only 21.2% of the US vote actually matters for the Presidential race.

Even less so than if you consider some of these states safely Dem. or Rep.; What people don't seem to realize is that you aren't just voting for one person. You're voting for senators, representatives, propositions, etc. Step back and see that standing behind both Romney and Obama are a large network of like-minded f#cks.

So your vote doesn't matter for the one president but it can make a difference on the mood of the government as a whole. I voted for Jill Stein, she may not win but at least I'll sleep easy tonight knowing i didn't vote for one of the crooks.

Obama 244 :rofl:
Romney 178

as expected

Romney's catching up in Ohio. 50-48.

Instead of R-Florida and D-Ohio, we might get the reverse.

This is good for Pakistan. Romney would've prolonged the Afghan war by 200 years and started a war with Iran. At least with Obama, we know that US is gonna get the f*ck out of Afghanistan by 2014.

This is good for Pakistan. Romney would've prolonged the Afghan war by 200 years and started a war with Iran. At least with Obama, we know that US is gonna get the f*ck out of Afghanistan by 2014.

And that is where you are wrong sir.

So after this election most likely nothing will change basically. Dems are winning Senate, Repubs are winning House, Obama-president. So it will remain tough for Obama to get things done.

Yep, Republicans will block him every chance they get a shame too.

Florida 94% votes in, Obama leads be .5% point, looks like Obama will carry Florida.

Obama will win, not because people like him better, but because Romney failed to make his case and people decided not to rock the boat.
I have been thru several elections and not once have I ever made any predictions. Raygun's win by a landslide...

United States presidential election, 1984 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reagan's 525 electoral votes (out of 538) is the highest total ever received by a presidential candidate.
...Was when majority of soothsayers convinced themselves that he would lose.

Back
Top Bottom