What's new

U.S. Must Force Indo And Pak to Resolve Kashmir Issue: Musharraf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PHILADELPHIA: Former President Pervez Musharraf, speaking at Franklin Institute on Tuesday, urged United States to pressurize Pakistan and India to resolve all longstanding issues including Kashmir dispute.

Musharraf was of the view that Kashmir and other disputes between both archrivals were root cause of extremism in the region and added, “Radicalism can never be abolished from the region until the resolution of Kashmir dispute and other differences between India and Pakistan.”

He termed it legitimate and the need of hour to use army in overcoming terrorism but added that army operations cannot succeed in exterminating terrorism.

Musharraf indicated the substantial and swift growth of extremism in India and presented racial violent incidents in Indian Gujrat and Babri Mosque tragedy as examples that claimed scores of innocent lives.

Extremism in India cannot be ignored, he maintained.

Discussing Dr. Abdul Qadeers’ home confinement he said, Dr. Qadeer is the hero of a common man as he turned Pakistan nuclear power.

http://www.apakistannews.com/us-must-force-indo-and-pak-to-resolve-kashmir-issue-musharraf-102880

Musharraf urges US to force India, Pak to resolve Kashmir issue

Philadelphia, Jan 27 (ANI): Former President Pervez Musharraf has urged the United States to pressurize India and Pakistan to resolve all longstanding issues including the Kashmir dispute.

Speaking at the Franklin Institute, Musharraf was of the view that Kashmir and other disputes between both archrivals were the root cause of extremism in the region.

Radicalism can never be abolished from the region until the resolution of Kashmir dispute and other differences between India and Pakistan, he said.

Musharraf termed it legitimate and the need of hour to use the army in overcoming terrorism, but added that army operations alone cannot succeed in exterminating terrorism.

The News quoted Musharraf as saying that the substantial and swift growth of extremism in India was due to violent incidents in Gujarat and the Babri Mosque tragedy.

Extremism in India cannot be ignored, he added.

Discussing disgraced Pakistani scientist Dr. A Q Khans home confinement; Musharraf said Dr. Khan is the hero of the common man as he turned Pakistan into a nuclear power. (ANI)

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal...a-pak-to-resolve-kashmir-issue_100147486.html

Yeah. We want US to take over Azad Kashmir border and stop cross border terrorism. Even US wants to have a military base. Better they take one in sieachen area and one in azad kashmir as of now. ...

Both you and I live in the US and we know US stands for democracy so they wont do anything aginst the will of the Kashmiri people.

The best democratic solution to the Kashmir dispute is a fair plebiscite granted to the inhabitants of Kashmir on both sides of LOC, which was promised to them in 1948.

I am surprised that pakistanis are jubiliant at the prospect of US intervention. is no one thinking of a possiblity that US could resolve kashmir in favour of india? if not, plz explain the reason for your confidence.

I think all parties involved in kashmir must be wary of US intervention, since then a new party will enter with its own interests.

US itself want to have kashmir a independent country and they want to have a military base. This would completely avoid Chinas border with pakistan and middle east. Also it would give very strategical military area close to russia and India. Kashmir is very imp not only to pak and India.
So US would jump to do poletics. CPM in india warned everyone about this and they warned obama as well.
Let pakistan show real progress in the kashmir they have and prove their interst not by sending terrors.

Pakistanis want Kashmiris to decide what they want for their land and we will respect whatever they chose in all parts of Kashmir. The US will not force Kashmiris to do anything they dont want to do. Pakistanis always sided with the Kashmiri people, and I agree US should intervene and help resolve this dispute.

US has no moral Right to teach anyone democracy or human rights! We as Indians will never accept their resolutions on Kashmir whatever it may be!

and moreover they'll not "request" you.... little twisitng of an arm would do ;)

Kashmir is an integral part of India, there is no compromise on Kashmir. World can try as hard as it can, but a country of the strenght of India will never accept what they don't want to.

Yes we had, that's why we did. Kashmiri refugees are not rushing to US, like Bengali refugees rushed to India in 1971. That's why we intervened.
Like Pakistan is always concerned about the Kashmiri people. We were concerned about the Bengali people.

A country with 2nd largest army, 4th largest air force, and a nuclear nation is indeed a powerful nation as he mentioned. Not a superpower as of now.

Exactly my point....the kashmiris are not rushing to US but they are rushing to Pakistan....so now according to your logic pakistan has every right to intervene in IJK. so why your leaders have pain in their A** when some jehadees attack in mumbai???

Yess so powerful that its army literally backed off when asked to attack a country like pakistan...:crazy:

Ohh man..they'vhe got some balls!!!:wave::wave:

Exactly my point....the kashmiris are not rushing to US but they are rushing to Pakistan....so now according to your logic pakistan has every right to intervene in IJK. so why your leaders have pain in their A** when some jehadees attack in mumbai???

For the same reason your govt. had pain on their backsides for Marriot blast.

And Kashmir issue has nothing to do with Mumbai case, it has a broader case.

And also the Shrinagar-Muzzafrabad highway is open. I didnt hear of any kashmiri rushing and trying to escape to pakistani side to avoid any so called atrocities of Indian Army(as happened in 1971 when nearly thousands of refugees from bangladesh escaped to India). Had u????

For the same reason your govt. had pain on their backsides for Marriot blast.

And Kashmir issue has nothing to do with Mumbai case, it has a broader case.

And also the Shrinagar-Muzzafrabad highway is open. I didnt hear of any kashmiri rushing and trying to escape to pakistani side to avoid any so called atrocities of Indian Army(as happened in 1971 when nearly thousands of refugees from bangladesh escaped to India). Had u????

Dude ever heard about the objectives of LET???? you need to learn alot my boy!

I don't see any Kashmiris rushing to Pakistan. I have recently seen Kashmiris rushing to polling booths to elect their leaders according to Indian constitution.

Yess so powerful that its army literally backed off when asked to attack a country like pakistan...:crazy:

Ohh man..they'vhe got some balls!!!:wave::wave:

What is your obsession with war. You have lost all the against India. Your country is battling severe economic crisis. Everyone believes you are about to become a failed state.

Our leaders had pain in their ***** cuz they felt that citizens of their country had been hurt. Unlike Pakistan[as evidenet from repeated US strikes] we choose to stand strong against those who attack us.

Whats this Kashmiris rushing to Pakistan thing?. Who would want to leave the 2nd fastest growing economy for a terrorist state. Isn't it evident enough that Kashmir belongs to India from the fact that there was atleast 65% voter turnout, highest ever..despite call for boycott by seperatists.
And why don't you take a look at development on our side of kashmir compared to yours.Doesnt need an einstein to figure out Kashmir belogs to INDIA.

I don't see any Kashmiris rushing to Pakistan. I have recently seen Kashmiris rushing to polling booths to elect their leaders according to Indian constitution.

yess with the army forcing them to vote....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom