What's new

U.S. Marines probe video of men urinating on Taliban corpses

ive always been raised and groomed to believe (and ensure) that even when my WORST enemy is dead before me -- i will show respect.

some of these young high-school educated bozos have no sense of discipline or self-control; images like these do a LOT of damage, and throughout this decade long campaign such incidents have surfaced and caused a lot of anger and emotion

you just don't do that! and you definitely dont video tape and leave evidence of it for Gods sakes

These guys tarnished the names of those soldiers that hand out toys and food to the kids of Afghanistan. In essence, they helped the taliban with propaganda to justify their actions to young recruits. What a shame.

interestingly enough, the talebs havent made a big deal of it.....they are celebrating the opening of a shiny new office in Doha and the release of their comrades from the ''gitmo''

interestingly enough, the talebs havent made a big deal of it.....they are celebrating the opening of a shiny new office in Doha and the release of their comrades from the ''gitmo''

Taliban going global and franchising,interesting.

Well, Taliban and their leaders are no angels either. They have declared this act as "shameful" but have pointed out that this will not have any effect on negotiation. I guess US has offered a nice price to them and their office in Qatar is really cozy after they bypassed Pakistan. It is called politics and economics. Welcome to the real world.

Well, Taliban and their leaders are no angels either. They have declared this act as "shameful" but have pointed out that this will not have any effect on negotiation. I guess US has offered a nice price to them and their office in Qatar is really cozy after they bypassed Pakistan. It is called politics and economics. Welcome to the real world.

mehh....i prefer the office to be in Qatar than be in Islamabad

communication tech. has changed since the 1990s :)

This is the real face of U.S army.There are some idiots who think when U.S attacks another country,it's because of democracy or for liberating them.But every one who thinks that U.S cares for lives of people of an attacked country,he is deeply wrong.look at Afghanistan,Iraq,even Pakistan now,U.S doesn't give a sh** about lives of people.then you expect them to respect dead bodies?

Nothing wrong in pissing on these scumbag's body, but it's a very unprofessional act from the Professional men like US Marines.

Not cool, but a small matter of indiscipline, its not like the pee killed those terrorists, nothing that the US authorities can not handle. I've seen videos of soldiers lining up taliban and then shooting them dead, while chatting casually in Punjabi, obviosly a standard operating procedure.

Whats important is that the talibunnies are dead, who cares what talib lovers think?

Since i joined this site - i have seen and realized more and more of this "indiscipline" by American soldiers. Under the Geneva convention prisoners - dead or alive have to be treated humanely.
Your post is in poor taste. Firstly you must understand 2 wrongs dont make it right. To urinate and be filmed doing is an disgraceful act and a lack of respect on all of humanity. The Americans - the "self appointed police of the world" must tonight bow their head in shame and hopefully catch these soldiers and of course punish them. Yor mindset shows me the mentality you have and thats lower than a snake. After seeing your post i can safely say any respect i had for you is out of the window.
I had the pleasure of meeting a gentleman that had served in arm combat against India. He described to me of a situation where 2 indian soldiers had become detached and were caught by some Pakistani troops. The guys looked confused and physically shaken but within half an hour had a blanket each and were sharing dried fruit with the Pakistani troops. I was touched and surprised at the emotion and admiration he had for 2 soldiers that they had been fighting against. He explained it didnt matter to them as they believed all soldiers including the enemy simply had a mutual respect that only a soldier would understand.
The reason why i bring this up - in combat it must be horrific to pick up a gun and potentially be ready to lose your life in a split second. After catching the enemy - in this case wheelbarrowing the dead to put on display and urinating on them defies all humanitarian law. I hate all types of extremism - be it Islamic or any other type - however for a trained soldier to do this beggers belief. Lets hope the result of this exposure brings in changes so it never happens again. To not respect the dead of any creed or race is the act of the lowest form of human. To not condone this? - you decide yourself what you are.

Taliban pissed off the Marines, now they are getting pissed on...

yes and these dead bodies gave them chance to make themselves hero by doing this brave act of pissing on dead bodies or taking pic with them to prove that they are hero. We know they always keep good distance with alive talibans and dont come closer to them without all latest weapons and tools. They always use Gorkha, local Afghani and Pakistani soldier as frontline fighters. Its not a surprise to see why Pakistani soldiers lost more lives than all NATO combine in this so called WOT.

Back
Top Bottom