What's new

U.S. Jet Shoots Down Turkish Drone Over Syria

@Foinikas @Kejo

Did the Americans know it was a MIT drone? Was it painted on the fuselage with big letters MİT

The Turth is Americans shot down a Turkish plane fully knowing it was Turkish and our government is too cowardly to say anything about it let alone acknowledging it.

It's the most dimwitted excuse I've heard for cowardice. It wasn't Turkish Air Force it was MİT, who the **** cares?

Not MMM-E user but some Turkiyeh users are naive, and this news show reality of alliances and interest, the hard way.

I laught so much when some turks are very happy with second army of NATO and feel proud about that.

Hope this kind of news slap their mindset.

Google showed me a reply from Defence Hub:

View attachment 958477
MIT or MoD. It was a Turkish drone attacking people Turkey sees as terrorists. America is suppose to be a nato ally of Turkey. It is a big embarrassment regardless. This isn’t even a small recon drone but a full size expensive ucav. At least a verbal condemnation is needed or else it shows Turkey as weak. This is counter to Turkey trying to portray it self as a regional power. This one incident has basically destroyed Turkey’s whole regional power narrative.

Let’s be honest. Turkey would never attack usa or its soldiers. Let’s be realistic. All it could do is verbally condemn.
As I have said, as of now there has been 19 air strikes in the area. Why listen to this crypto Armenian? This coward was talking a big talk at **********, then he was scared shirtless when I offered him ti " visit " him. I usually do not use profanities but this guy is a coward and a liar

Not MMM-E user but some Turkiyeh users are naive, and this news show reality of alliances and interest, the hard way.

I laught so much when some turks are very happy with second army of NATO and feel proud about that.

Hope this kind of news slap their mindset.

piss of to poorsian section with your geopolitical idea... :p:

For people wondering a Turkish drone was approaching us forces. They radioed it. It ignored them. It continued to approach them while they’re actively partaking in conflict in syria against terrorists forces. They shot it down because it refused to respond ( fog of war)

piss of to poorsian section with your geopolitical idea... :p:

are you happy with this new? US has humillated your Turkiyeh.

I am sad of MMM-E, he is old user in this forum and maybe he cannot stand this new. Their ANKA has been easily destroyed by their NATO ally US, this will impact negatively their sales and their force projection.

Poor Greece users will be happy for a minute, and person like me will always say to him their ANKA is worse iranian drones, and any air defence serious system can destroy Turkiyeh drones easily, as Iran does with the US ones.

Last edited:
still hamper US ground interest manage staging ability good but bomb Jordan with Guided bomb

I remember on ********** forum offering , to come from London to batter you. The offer is still on, I will be there next month. The last time , you were scared shirtless. So ,probably I will there , so I hope I will meet you?

Americans shot down our plane and you intend to remedy this situation by having fisticuffs with me. Okay you're officially a retard.

For people wondering a Turkish drone was approaching us forces. They radioed it. It ignored them. It continued to approach them while they’re actively partaking in conflict in syria against terrorists forces. They shot it down because it refused to respond ( fog of war)

Nonsense, who operates that size UAV at that altitude in that area other than Turkey? They fully knew it was a Turkish drone.

Even if that was true, defence ministry or somebody should make a statement that an UAV was lost due to miscommunication or something. They are utterly silent.

Drone deemed a threat to U.S. forces in northeast Syria​

View attachment 958449
The United States on Thursday shot down an armed Turkish drone that was operating near its troops in Syria, U.S. officials said, the first time Washington has brought down an aircraft of NATO ally Turkey.

A Turkish defense ministry official said the drone shot down by the U.S.-led coalition did not belong to the Turkish armed forces but did not say whose property it was.

Turkey's National Intelligence Agency carried out strikes in Syria against Kurdish militant targets after a bomb attack in Ankara last weekend, a Turkish security source said on Thursday.

Two U.S. officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said an F-16 shot down the Turkish drone after the United States called Turkish military officials multiple times to warn them they were operating close to U.S. ground forces. The officials said the Turkish drone was believed to be armed.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and a local security source said the U.S.-led coalition had shot down a Turkish drone near a base in northeastern Syria.

Advertisement · Scroll to continue

The incident comes at a delicate moment for U.S.-Turkish relations, with the United States hoping Turkey will ratify NATO membership for Sweden.

While the United States has not shot down a Turkish aircraft before, tensions have flared and there have been close calls. In 2019, U.S. troops in northern Syria came under artillery fire from Turkish positions.

TURKEY STRIKES IN SYRIA​

U.S.-allied Syrian Kurdish forces said Turkish attacks had killed eight people in an escalation prompted by the bomb attack in Ankara by Kurdish militants.

U.S. support for Kurdish forces in northern Syria has long caused tension with Turkey, which views them as a wing of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK). That group claimed responsibility for Sunday's attack in Ankara near government buildings.

On Wednesday, Turkey said the two attackers had come from Syria. The bombing killed both attackers and wounded two police officers. The Syrian Democratic Forces, the Kurdish-led force backed by the United States, denied that the bombers had passed through its territory.

On Thursday, a Turkish defense ministry official said a ground operation into Syria was one option that Turkey could consider. Turkey has mounted several previous incursions into northern Syria against the Syrian Kurdish YPG group.

"Our only goal is to eliminate the terrorist organizations that pose a threat to Turkey. A ground operation is one of the options to eliminate this threat, but it is not the only option for us," the official said.

Security forces in northeastern Syria said Turkey launched a series of attacks on Thursday with more than 15 drones entering the region's airspace and hitting targets including infrastructure and gas and oil stations. In a statement, the security forces said Turkish attacks killed six members of the internal security forces in northeastern Syria, and two civilians in two separate strikes.

Turkey has redoubled its operations targeting the outlawed PKK, by carrying out air strikes in northern Iraq.

Turkish officials said any infrastructure and energy facilities in Iraq and Syria controlled by the PKK, as well as People's Protection Units (YPG), were legitimate military targets.

"The PKK and the YPG are the same terrorist organization, they are our legitimate target everywhere. Turkey conducted operations whenever and wherever necessary in the past, and these operations will continue if needed again," the defense ministry official said.

"These operations are being conducted under self-defense rights arising from international law to eliminate terrorist attacks on Turkish territory and to ensure border security," the official added.

The YPG is also the spearhead of the main ally of the U.S.-led coalition against Islamic State. Support for the YPG by the United States and other allies, including France, has strained ties with Turkey. Turkey has warned forces of third countries to stay away from facilities controlled by the PKK and YPG.

"We are calling on all parties, our friendly and allied countries in particular, to stay away from those terrorists. This is just a reminder. It is up to them to take necessary precautions," the official said, without naming any country.

View attachment 958450

where was IFF identifying friends to a foe.. something is not right

Back
Top Bottom