What's new

U.S. Intel Says Russia Is Preparing 175,000 Troops For Ukraine Offensive - Forbes

You don’t want to challenge the 10th Mtn Div. They live for these extremes and combat environment.

Of Russian Army ? I thought it was their Siberian Div that they moved to fight the Nazi's that turn the war around for them.

Russia can invade and defeat Ukraine but it will only be able to annex the Russian majority parts, the rest of Ukrainian population is pro west and will resist Russian troops. I dont see the point of invasion.
Well....there is the Mykolaiv South shipyard where the Russia Aircraft Carrier was built.

Then there is the Kherson Shipyard that builts large ice breakers.

In Kiev Antonov Serial Production Plant builts large transport plane like the An-225.

Then the shipyard that builts large hovercraft like the Zubr.

And then there is a place in the west of Ukraine that is a nuclear research center.

Ukraine also make diesel engines for one of Russia covette warship.

Ukraine also built rocket engines.

Last edited:
My prediction. Next month we will see another such Western propaganda "news" - "Russian hordes on the eve of the attack on civilization".

My two cents are this is just a Russian posture to tell Ukraine to stay out of NATO.
God knows what is happening behind the screen !

My two cents are this is just a Russian posture to tell Ukraine to stay out of NATO.
God knows what is happening behind the screen !
Russia may want to pre-empt that eventuality. At the minimum invade eastern parts dominated by Russian population and set them up as an independent buffer state.

BREAKING|Dec 3, 2021,09:12pm EST
U.S. Intel Says Russia Is Preparing 175,000 Troops For Ukraine Offensive

Joe Walsh
Forbes Staff
Business
I cover breaking news for Forbes.

American intelligence officials think Russia is laying the groundwork for a large-scale military offensive in Ukraine as soon as early 2022, involving 175,000 troops.

The United States believes Russia’s plans for the offensive could involve around 175,000 personnel, as well as armor and artillery, an administration official confirmed to Forbes (the news was first reported by the Washington Post on Friday).
The official said around half that number of troops are already positioned near the Ukraine-Russia border, following a buildup in recent weeks that has caused some Ukrainian officials to warn a Russian invasion of the former Soviet republic could be imminent.

As part of its preparation, Russia appears to be assembling a large reserve corps, according to the administration official (Bloomberg reported last month that Russia was calling up a massive number of reservists).

Earlier Friday, CNN reported Russia has stationed enough medical units, fuel and other supplies near Ukraine to sustain frontline forces for a week or more.
Forbes has reached out to the Russian Embassy in Washington, D.C., for comment.

If US and NATO get sucked in this conflict than I got a feeling that China will take this opportunity to take Taiwan and possibly northern part of India this means Pakistan will enter Kashmir.

If US and NATO get sucked in this conflict than I got a feeling that China will take this opportunity to take Taiwan and possibly northern part of India this means Pakistan will enter Kashmir.

Amen.

NATO has no sense since cold war was over.
American interests are different from European interests.

bro, when it comes to Winter Warfare specially on land, no one can even match the Russians.

Some people like to spew Russian invinciblity in war but the truth is nobody is invincible the reason Russia won on the eastern front in ww2 is because the conditions favored them but in fact they got rolled over by the Germans until the winter set and their advantage which were tanks didn't function properly due to the weather and imagine we are talking about 1940s technology hence Russia can be beaten by quite a few ppl not only NATO single countries could even achieve that

Some people like to spew Russian invinciblity in war but the truth is nobody is invincible the reason Russia won on the eastern front in ww2 is because the conditions favored them but in fact they got rolled over by the Germans until the winter set and their advantage which were tanks didn't function properly due to the weather and imagine we are talking about 1940s technology hence Russia can be beaten by quite a few ppl not only NATO single countries could even achieve that

I think part of the reason was that Stalin did not order full mobilization. He anticipated Germany to put its greatest efforts in finishing off Britain first. But Hitler amassed 150 divisions in a successful operation. Besides, German airforce was quite domineering.

It is not the case today.

No one is saying any army is invincible, its just if you are invading Russia in Winters, you better think twice.

No one is saying any army is invincible, its just if you are invading Russia in Winters, you better think twice.

Russia has been invaded before on a winter all tho from the behind.. Napoleon and Hitler failed but the Golden horde succeeded because they were logistically better suited for the winter but in this age and times technology can handle the winter meaning that winter advantage won't be there but either way Russia will put up a heroic fight and you will have to take it from them

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom