U.S.: India prepared for strike on Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
From Barbara Starr
CNN Pentagon Correspondent

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States believes that India's air force began preliminary preparations for a possible attack against Pakistan in the immediate aftermath of the recent massacre in Mumbai, CNN has learned.

One U.S. official said India's air force "went on alert" following the attacks in Mumbai.

Three Pentagon officials have individually confirmed to CNN that the United States has information indicating that India began to prepare air force personnel for a possible mission.

The officials offered very few details, but one said India's air force "went on alert." This is the first publicly known indication that perhaps the two nuclear powers were closer to conflict in the days after the Mumbai attacks than previously acknowledged.

A second official said the United States concluded these preliminary preparations would have put India quickly in the position to launch airstrikes against suspected terrorist camps and targets inside Pakistan. During these preparations, a number of senior U.S. officials were urging India to exercise restraint -- which apparently it did.

Wing Cmdr. Mahesh Upasani, an Indian air force spokesman, said the service had no comment on the report.

Since the Mumbai attacks, Pakistani security forces raided a camp near Muzaffarabad, the capital of Pakistani-controlled Kashmir, according to military sources. It was the first sign of government action against Lashkar-e-Tayyiba -- the Pakistan-based Islamic militant group India says was behind the killings of more than 160 people in Mumbai -- since the attacks.

Also, Pakistani authorities have banned a charity linked to last month's Mumbai attacks and placed its leader under house arrest. The move came after the U.N. Security Council designated the charity, Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD), a terror organization because of its links to Lashkar-e-Tayyiba.

Indian police say the only surviving suspect, identified by Indian authorities as 21-year-old Mohammad Ajmal Kasab, is from Pakistan's Punjab province and the nine other alleged attackers were also from Pakistan. Pakistani officials have denied that assertion, blaming instead "stateless actors."

Until now, the Bush Administration has publicly said it saw no signs of military movement by India and no indication that the Indian government was preparing any type of retaliation.

The Pentagon officials broadly described the activity as checking on the status of crews, fighter jets and weapons that were available. The extent of the reported preparation was not immediately known.

Also, one of the Pentagon officials confirmed that the United States has intelligence indicating a single Indian aircraft violated Pakistani airspace twice on Saturday. The United States believes the incursion was inadvertent, the official said, adding that there is no information to indicate it was planned.

U.S.: India prepared for strike on Pakistan - CNN.com

Check out the source link.

There's a link within the story. "Miss pakistan world's reaction to Mumbai attacks"

Haha! Was that even necessary?

This is serious. India is planning an attack on Pakistan. Hope everyone in Pakistan know whats going on around them.

This is serious. India is planning an attack on Pakistan. Hope everyone in Pakistan know whats going on around them.

Every one knows , the whole nation is united MashAllah. :pakistan:

These are the times when your prayers are most needed

The Indians are pretending that they can do whatever they want and we are afraid. :lol: well stop preparing and start acting oh great super power :rofl::lol::argh:

I seriously hope you guys send someone decent to parlay with our boys, judging by the influx of new Indian members recently and the way the media has handled the Mumbai deal, I am keen to believe most of India is living in a dream world. Let us study history and see results of nations with overconfidence and unilateral acts of aggression. Let us study Hitler and his false flag attacks on the Jews and finally attacking his closest neighbours, how many of his cities were turned into rubble? Where is the 3rd reich now? What about all the land they used to forcefully occupy?

Well this is as serious as it gets. I'm not sure if they would attack in shape of a full scale war, but i'm definitely sure about surgical air strikes against our key strategic locations.

If that's the case, then india is on the verge of playing russian roulette with a loaded chamber.

Last edited:
Well this is as serious as it gets. I'm not sure if they would attack in shape of a full scale war, but i'm definitely sure about surgical strikes against our key strategic locations.

If that's the case, then india is on the verge of playing russian roulette with a loaded chamber.

Surgical air strike or full scale invasion, it's the same thing to me mate.

Surgical air strike or full scale invasion, it's the same thing to me mate.

Well, you're right. Any escalation means War. I just hope India comes back to it's senses as soon as possible.

As far as we are concerned, Allah maalik hai.

I said it before and I'll say it again. BRING IT THE [bad word here] ON!!!

getting back to my coffee....ppffff :coffee:

I said it before and I'll say it again. BRING IT THE [bad word here] ON!!!

getting back to my coffee....ppffff :coffee:

Do you show this bravado because you don't live in Pakistan. Do you have any inkling the havoc it will cause to your fellow Pakistanis in Pakistan as well as overseas.

The world will unite against your country as the world is sick that all global plots have some link to Pakistan.

Did you hear what Miss Rice, Powell and Mr Brown have to say to your country ?

26 innocent foreigners died and all leads point to your country.

Are you going to fight a war without money ? Where will your Army get its fuel from ?

I know the MUSLIM UMAAH AND CHINA ! Ha, Ha.

Regards

Do you show this bravado because you don't live in Pakistan. Do you have any inkling the havoc it will cause to your fellow Pakistanis in Pakistan as well as overseas.

The world will unite against your country as the world is sick that all global plots have some link to Pakistan.

Are you going to fight a war without money ? Where will your Army get its fuel from ?

Regards

Actually many Global plots can be traced back to Al-CIA and Al-MOSSAD wise up Brit. The fact is I do have relatives in Pakistan and home there, so it's not like I have nothing to lose...Besides The British have contributed to this Geo-Political mess in the region, so don't LECTURE ME!!!

It is not Pakistan that is eager for War, but let me make it clear to the Hindu of India, their War Monger and Hegemonic tendencies will NOT GO UN-CHECK!!! India must understand that its aristocracy will suffer, and that the whole of India will be facing a Pakistani Military well equipped with New Battle Tanks and new Air craft, new radar systems and defense mechanisms, also new Naval upgrades. Pakistan's military is prepared to respond to any offensive by these Indian's and their pathetic whimpering THREATS!!!

Pakistan is capable of defending itself in an appropriate manner. Mind your own business British person...

Last edited:

Regards

what a pathetic are these britishs and yankees.after all they are cousins same race

first they call the mujahedeens as heros when they served their purpose and now they are terrorists

shame to our pussy politicians

Actually many Global plots can be traced back to Al-CIA and Al-MOSSAD wise up Brit. The fact is I do have relatives in Pakistan and home there, so it's not like I have nothing to lose...Besides The British have have contributed to this Geo-Political mess in the region, so don't LECTURE ME!!!

Pakistan is capable of defending itself in an appropriate manner. Mind your own business British person...

Having relatives is not the same as living there !

Defend yourself how ? Your citizens have killed 26 innocent foreigners and stop the CIA bullshit.

Why would Gen M and now A Zardari be so carefull in not exposing the CIA plan.

No one is saying that the GOP is involved but turning a blind eye to LET is as bad as pressing the trigger.

Regards

what a pathetic are these britishs and yankees.after all they are cousins same race

first they call the mujahedeens as heros when they served their purpose and now they are terrorists

shame to our pussy politicians

Fighting an army makes the Mujahideens brave. Whipping woman and killing innocent people makes them wimps. Strange you cannot notice the difference.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom