What's new

U.S. Effort to Help India Build Up Navy Hits Snag

Still the richist business family in UK is indian.And your famous ,,,Land rover and jaguar was sold to tatas.And ya the East India company was given a new life by aquisition by an indian.and If indians stop their works UK will be in chaos.

And whatever you do in reply ,,,you are not getting another reply from me.

joke of the century

is this really the iq level of the average indian

Agreed but things are not that simple. Indian will no longer be able to enjoy double game with both Russia and US and soon matters will take decisive turn.

thts what i m saying .. Indian in coming decade as it seems will go closer to USA and russia in turn will group further with china & russia .... World will become more polarized ... Visibly polarized and it is not good for world !

When top American naval engineers recently inspected India’s first locally made aircraft carrier they expected to find a near battle-ready ship set to help counter China’s growing sway in the Indian Ocean.

Instead, they discovered the carrier wouldn’t be operational for up to a decade and other shortcomings: no small missile system to defend itself, a limited ability to launch sorties and no defined strategy for how to use the ship in combat.
The findings alarmed U.S. officials hoping to enlist India as a bulwark against China, people close to the meeting said.

“China’s navy will be the biggest in the world soon, and they’re definitely eyeing the Indian Ocean with ports planned in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh,” said retired Admiral Arun Prakash, the former commander of India’s navy. “The Indian navy is concerned about this.”

The February carrier inspection, in the port of Kochi, formed part of U.S. plans to share aircraft carrier technology with India. Indian naval officials followed up with a tour of an American shipbuilding yard in Virginia and strategy briefings at the Pentagon in September, the people close to the meetings said.

The U.S. and India are drawing closer politically and militarily. The two have participated in joint naval exercises with Japan. The U.S. has agreed to sell New Delhi everything from attack helicopters to artillery. Washington has approved proposals by Lockheed Martin and Boeing Co. to make advanced jet fighters in India. And in August, the two countries signed a military logistics-sharing accord

Basically US is saying India can have a powerful AC with in 10 years that can match with US. what is wrong in that....

He thinks
I have facts with previous history and record when india starts making some thing on their own ...

Let's see ;)

you doesn't have any idea about it. The fact is that 90% of works are completed & what remains is the outfitting.

vikrant.jpg

That is so long ago.. May I know what carrier IN operate now? As I say if you count in old donkey decades old experience , you might as well count in JMSDF as the most experience with their IJN Akagi and Kaga. :lol:

Yes, we operate this carrier now.

470184-vikramaditya.jpg

This was the carrier we decommissioned only a few months ago.
virat-759.jpg

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/ins-viraat-ends-this-week-2928884/

We have enough experience that we have operated 3 different carriers and decommissioned two.

Basically US is saying India can have a powerful AC with in 10 years that can match with US. what is wrong in that....
Bhai thora halka hoja ... Ittna nahi phenk k hansi ajay ... Lolzz ..

Bro calm down ... I agree tthe title is misleading and thread is for trolling ... Usa is downgrading the current carrier to sale their own but india will be able to compete usa in 10 years ... Even russia and china cant do that ...

I think is a USA effort to GET india to buy the soon to be retired NIMITZ class carriers with 40 F18 SUPER HORNETS thrown in for around $4 billion

Typical USA marketing

India needs a indengious military capability

VIKRANT WILL BE AMAZING when it is ready in 2018

THIS WILL BE AWESOME ACHIEVEMENT
Thats the idea, thrash the existing carrier and offer theirs for a awesome price.

No surprises here - dud is another word for India .... ! Those Yanks have not read the thread on PDF "India developing, but a long, long. long, long, long way to go yet"

Yes an AC is much more complicated to build ...and there is no room for error or it goes straight to the bottoms...
So yeah multiply the time they took for the aircraft and tank with 5x
Er.... let me explain the logical fallacy here.
Your nation has not come up with its own assault rifle though boasts operational indigenous cruise missiles.

Considering the fact a cruise missile is far more complicated than a assault rifle, should one come to the conclusion given Pakistan could not build its own assault rifle it could never have built its own cruise missiles?

Last edited:
I am sure that KSEW can build a Nimitz class within 3 years.
Sarcasm or irony would only work if I had or others had suggested Pakistan could build a carrier. I never did. So your attempt at sarcasm is as dry and shrivelled as Gandhi's abdomen.

Sarcasm or irony would only work if I had or others had suggested Pakistan could build a carrier. I never did. So your attempt at sarcasm is as dry and shrivelled as Gandhi's abdomen.

Don't belittle our efforts, if you're incapable of putting together a 7000 tonne destroyer, let alone a carrier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom