What's new

U.S. Challenges China on Disputed Islands

What has China done to "piss off" Philippines? Name one thing.

Japan sent their own military destroyers into disputed areas. Use your great logic and tell me who's provoking who.

Vietnam? We just agreed to increase cooperation with them, both militarily and economically.

India? It wasn't our fault that India's government decided to send troops to forcefully occupy disputed territory, which led to the Sino-Indian War.

you may have missed it- you need to read up recent articles posted on the subject in here - in last few days...

BTW Nobel peace prize is not held by the US - as you implied in the other post by saying the US gave the prize to whom we consider a great freedom fighter for democracy and democratic reforms in china

Doing Business and being liked or respected is another. Pakistan does business with India too. There is no made up US media ( you see we have a FREE MEDIA) rather China media ( Propoganda machine for the govt.), wrote about the govt who threatened sanctions on countries if they attended the Nobel peace prize ceremony . don't you think that's taking it a bit far? lodge a protest but threaten sanctions makes them a bully...thats why countries can't wait to dump chain as no 1 trading partner. India is going after it strong...a recent article even spoke to that strategy .

Wrong. Doing business is directly tied into how much the countries trust each other. Even though countries have disputes, business is a sign that the two countries have interdependent relations and show some level of trust. Please note that China lists within the top 3 trading partners for most Asian countries.

"Free" media gives rise to biased media and independent (unreliable) media. Go figure.

China's so-called "propaganda" seems to be the source for most WikiNews articles and global news sites, and the mighty "free" Times of India gets barely mentioned. Go take a cup of logic.

Provide a source that China sanctioned countries over this and maybe I'll believe you.

If they wanted to dump China as a trading partner, they wouldn't have increased China from #2 trading partner to #1 trading partner. As for India? Check back 30 years later.

Any chance the "recent article" came from the "propaganda machine"?

you may have missed it- you need to read up recent articles posted on the subject in here - in last few days...

BTW Nobel peace prize is not held by the US - as you implied in the other post by saying the US gave the prize to whom we consider a great freedom fighter for democracy and democratic reforms in china

Stop avoiding the subject and name one thing that China did to "piss off" the Philippines.

Sure, it's not held by the US, but guess what? The US has huge influence over it (hence the term "superpower"). This "great freedom fighter" also happens to be an avid supporter of the US invasions of Iraq, Afghanistan, and the ongoing US oil hunt in the Middle East. So much for "human rights", huh?

you know the British don't recognize Tibet as belonging to china or even Taiwan and think you guys support terrorist nations ?:) who are you fooling by such article - 80% of the world does business with you perhaps , but 99% of them despise your govt ...:P

Britain was the first Western country to recognize the PRC and unrecognize the ROC. They have also said that Tibet is an integral part of China.

Wrong. Doing business is directly tied into how much the countries trust each other. Even though countries have disputes, business is a sign that the two countries have interdependent relations and show some level of trust. Please note that China lists within the top 3 trading partners for most Asian countries.

"Free" media gives rise to biased media and independent (unreliable) media. Go figure.

China's so-called "propaganda" seems to be the source for most WikiNews articles and global news sites, and the mighty "free" Times of India gets barely mentioned. Go take a cup of logic.

Provide a source that China sanctioned countries over this and maybe I'll believe you.

If they wanted to dump China as a trading partner, they wouldn't have increased China from #2 trading partner to #1 trading partner. As for India? Check back 30 years later.

Any chance the "recent article" came from the "propaganda machine"?

How can I debate with your logic that doing trade means they trust each other.

flash news; India don't trust you. Us don't trust you , NATO don't trust you - they just do business. I dislike Chinese govt and chinese attitude in these forums and frankly even in the US - but I do go eat Chinese food and give them my business and leave a good tip :)

to make you feel a bit better. Pakistan despises India, hates India as majority of their population probably- but they do - do business with India :)

Rest of your posts I'm sorry to say is paranoia ramblings about media and wiki leaks brother... I'll let you enjoy that state of mind ;)

Britain was the first Western country to recognize the PRC and unrecognize the ROC. They have also said that Tibet is an integral part of China.

Brainwashing continues... Britan does not reconize Tibet belonging to china. Shoot they even allow dalai lama to visit them and call out chinese govt

@Chinese

:coffee:They do not say something wrong, we lost the Third Indochina War.
We did not save Cambodia, we lost the war target, So we lost.

:pop:Yes, Vietnamese military casualties is far more than we.
But the casualties-number is not a standard to judge the winner, for example, the Americans lost the second Indochina War, but USA casualties less than Vietnamese.

Americans admit defeat, we should also admit that.

:tup: Vietnam is a strong national, they beat France and USA and China. They have the right to be proud.

:pop: Historically, the territory of the Nansha Islands have been our. We must get it back.
We can not be done within 10 years, we can wait for 20 years.
We can not be done within 20 years, we can wait for 30 years.

:coffee: We will continue to enhance our power, I hope you can keep up with the speed of our advance.

Brainwashing continues... Britan does not reconize Tibet belonging to china. Shoot they even allow dalai lama to visit them and call out chinese govt

Agreed that it is brainwashing, no matter where you are, you always take a mirror?

Chris Devonshire-Ellis: British Government Redefinition Could Re-Ignite China-India Border Dispute

A statement posted on the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office website last year could cause potential conflict over North-East India territories which are also claimed by China. Since the days of the British Raj, the historic border areas between Tibet, British India and China were usually coordinated by the three.

Although some conflicts remain in West China and India due to agreements made by Tibet and British India and not ratified by the Chinese, the new potential for dispute centers on the Eastern territories of India. These have based upon the Simla Accord, signed in 1913 and 1914 in which Britain only recognized the suzerainty of China over Tibet, and not sovereignty.

Suzerainty is a situation in which a region or people is a tributary to a more powerful entity which controls its foreign affairs while allowing the tributary some limited domestic autonomy. The superior entity in the suzerainty relationship, or the head of state of that more powerful entity, is called a suzerain.
"
The term suzerainty was originally used to describe the relationship between the Ottoman Empire and its surrounding regions. It differs from sovereignty in that the tributary has limited self-rule. This definition for Tibet has never been accepted by China.

The Simla Accord provided that the area referred to as “Outer Tibet” would “remain in the hands of the Tibetan government at Lhasa.” This region, approximately the covering today’s Tibet Autonomous Region, would be under Chinese suzerainty, but China could not interfere in its administration.

The accord with its annexes also defined lines which would designate the boundary between Tibet and China proper and between Tibet and British India, also known as the McMahon Line. However, China refused to accept the accord and their plenipotentiary, Ivan Chen, withdrew on July 3, 1914.

After his withdrawal the British and Tibetan plenipotentiaries attached a note denying China any privileges under the accord and sealed it as a bilateral agreement on the same day. This lack of a tri-party agreement is the root cause of the existing border disputes that now exist between India and China, and over which several border wars have flared.

This issue was visited again when the British foreign secretary, David Miliband, issued a ministerial statement on its website last October 29 that recognized Chinese claim over Tibet.

On the ministerial statement an Economist article published last year, reported that although the statement does explicitly recognize Chinese sovereignty, it does mean that as far as Britain is concerned: “Tibet is part of China. Full stop.”

This change in Britain’s position consequently affects India’s claim to the North Eastern territories which rely on the same Simla agreement that Britain’s prior position on Tibet’s sovereignty was based upon.

The diplomatic consequences mean that India’s claim over the state of Arunachal Pradesh is compromised, a situation that has already seen China refuse to grant a loan by the Asian Development Bank to India because of its sovereignty claims on the same territory.

The state has a population of over a million people and is agriculturally fertile. How the future of the state will be played out remains uncertain. China has a long history of being patient and is unlikely to repudiate its claims. India however views the state as historically part of India, however, any attempt to further development the state is likely to be met with strong opposition from China.

One hopes the present easing of diplomatic tensions between China and India, as demonstrated at the recent meeting of foreign ministers continues. However, the position that has now risen gives a stronger play to China’s claims and any dispute between the two nations is likely to focus on this region.

How can I debate with your logic that doing trade means they trust each other.

flash news; India don't trust you. Us don't trust you , NATO don't trust you - they just do business. I dislike Chinese govt and chinese attitude in these forums and frankly even in the US - but I do go eat Chinese food and give them my business and leave a good tip :)

to make you feel a bit better. Pakistan despises India, hates India as majority of their population probably- but they do - do business with India :)

Rest of your posts I'm sorry to say is paranoia ramblings about media and wiki leaks brother... I'll let you enjoy that state of mind ;)

If you say India's trade deficit, I think China will be happy to see that, of course, hope to see more, including import of raw materials.

UK recognises China's direct rule over Tibet - Telegraph

He described it as an "anachronism" and added: "Like every other EU member state, and the United States, we regard Tibet as part of the People's Republic of China."

From that same article - british play on words...
But in the last two paragraphs of his statement he referred to a historic agreement dating back almost a century which acknowledged Chinese interest in Tibet but asserted that Tibet had never been fully part of the country

He also backed Tibet on autonomy. Now which country will allow it member state to have self autonomy and not the " federal or central govt".

Most strikingly, Britain's position in the accords, repeated since, was that its recognition of Chinese "suzerainty" was dependent on China granting Tibet political autonomy.

He also backed the Dalai Lama's call for autonomy, rather than independence, for his homeland as a basis for agreement

If you say India's trade deficit, I think China will be happy to see that, of course, hope to see more, including import of raw materials.

Not for too long- items are being banned from being exported to India. but yes1 there will for a short while be that deficit because India has to get its own manufacturing base / infrastructure up to par of the Chinese. which is pretty damn good..

but tell me what does this have to do with YET another country(s) pissed off at China and the US surrounding china + now jumping into the fray:D

Not for too long- items are being banned from being exported to India. but yes1 there will for a short while be that deficit because India has to get its own manufacturing base / infrastructure up to par of the Chinese. which is pretty damn good..

but tell me what does this have to do with YET another country(s) pissed off at China and the US surrounding china + now jumping into the fray:D

May not feel pain in dreams?

Talk about it when it happens, otherwise its smoke and mirrors..

Back
Top Bottom