What's new

U.S. Aircraft Carrier Enters Zone Near Iranian Oil Route as Tensions Rise

You miss the point completely. Iraq with a strong army and support from biggest nations couldnt win against newborn country with no army! Try to sink this in, instead of going for nonsense Iran havent conquered Iraq, it wasnt its goal in the 1st place.

Iran had the strongest armed forces in ME prior to 1979 revolution. Its not others fault that Iranians decided to do away with such a powerful military machine. As for international support, Iran also had supporters including the country you hate the most...Israel
Israeli support for Iran during the Iran

I read so much in this thread except any official response from Iran or its supporting countries like Russia...Isnt it strange or we are just making big out of nothing!

Iran had the strongest armed forces in ME prior to 1979 revolution. Its not others fault that Iranians decided to do away with such a powerful military machine. As for international support, Iran also had supporters including the country you hate the most...Israel
Israeli support for Iran during the Iran
You again changing subject, so you finally agree that butt naked nation who can defend themselves against a strong army with the massive support of strongest countries in the World, is nothing like weak and demoralized Iraq US faced?

Well thats just your personal opinion.Nothing more.
Its common sense and history knowledge, any powerful nation can do whatever they please to a weaker neighbors, without consequences. What World did when Israel occupied Palestine? Nothing. Russia could do whatever they wanted with Georgia, China occupied Tibet, West only action was condemnation.

Nobody of World powers really care about Taiwan, China could offer to US something in return, and everything would be "good under the sun". Reshaping influence zones happen all the time.

You again changing subject, so you finally agree that butt naked nation who can defend themselves against a strong army with the massive support of strongest countries in the World, is nothing like weak and demoralized Iraq US faced?

Iran was not actually "butt naked". For starters she had the largest F-14 fleet outside US..its just that the Islamic regime decided to do away with many of the top commanders of the Armed forces including pilots.

As for Iraq she was not actually weak and demoralized during the 1st Gulf War but had a powerful military machine threatening to run over the entire Arabian Peninsula.

Its common sense and history knowledge, any powerful nation can do whatever they please to a weaker neighbors, without consequences. What World did when Israel occupied Palestine? Nothing. Russia could do whatever they wanted with Georgia, China occupied Tibet, West only action was condemnation.

Nobody of World powers really care about Taiwan, China could offer to US something in return, and everything would be "good under the sun". Reshaping influence zones happen all the time.

unfair and sad but true

Well from what I know about Iran Iraq war, Iraq attacked for the first 2 years and then when it was found that war is not going Iraq's favor Saddam offered truce, but Ayotallah Khomeini was not satisfied. He said that there will be no truce until Baathist Regime in Iraq falls and replaced by an Iranian style theocracy. So the war waged on for another 6 years with Iran throwing everything they have including using the infamous 'Human Waves' at Iraq but failed.
Khomeiny had pain to accept end of war but it was better to stop it
Didn't understand what you are trying to say.
I was speaking about the Irano American guy who is said to be a spy for CIA
And that he got the sentence of death penalty
Well you guys brought this guys aka Mullahs up in 1979.
there is a misconception for non Iranians especially that i can see here people don't know much about Iran
if you listne to royalists or communists the problem is simple: mullahs mullahs and mullahs
but the reality and the history is not that simple to understand
at the revolution everyone wanted the shah to be kicked out of the country: no democracy no respect no moral value (especially his wife).. i am just saying some of the many points .... and of course he tortured so many of the good guys or killed in jails.
communists, nationalists, religious , any political or social perception parties were in the revolution
Army came step by step in our side
this was a real revolution of the people and i'll be proud of it always
people in that time wanted moral values .. the islamic could give the morality that was not before
and many many people loved somuch the ideas of shariati (if you want to understand Iranians please read Shariati)
then some ultra got more and more power in the same time that so many events made the situation difficult... it is a complex moment to describe. War came and we bloody didn't think of something else than this war.
When Khomeiny ordered to kill the opposants in jails , Grand Ayatollah Montazeri said he was not agree and it was a beginning of a refusal to dictatorship and bloog leadership. Things went worst with Khamenei who didn't respect the constitution.
The only hope was the reformist movment. Individual rights, more freedom of press, a good economy
then people wanted more and you know what happened... fake elections and so
the situation is not that simple as mullah or not mullah. our country is something more difficult to understand than this.

west yes others I don't think Indians would their govt is too timid

Your soldiers are killed off at regular intervals by NATO, your citizens are killed by US drones..yet your Govt could not lift a single finger against them. So we all know who's govt is timid.

Iran was not actually "butt naked". For starters she had the largest F-14 fleet outside US..its just that the Islamic regime decided to do away with many of the top commanders of the Armed forces including pilots.

You still ignore the massive difference in military when Iraq attacked Iran, and yet Hussein couldnt defeat Iran's civilians. Also you said Iran couldnt advance to Iraq, which isnt true either - Iran started invading Iraq and it took some land, plus Iraq was about to go broke, but Gulf Arab's gave Hussein 60 bln./year, US said they should do everything they can to stop Iran's invasion. So ONLY reason Iraq wasnt conquered was external help to Hussein. Since Iran didnt care about keeping any Iraq's land, they gave it back after war was over.

As for Iraq she was not actually weak and demoralized during the 1st Gulf War but had a powerful military machine threatening to run over the entire Arabian Peninsula.
Nonsense, Hussein was almost broke and military exhausted after war with Iran. His army was under-resourced and poorly trained.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Your soldiers are killed off at regular intervals by NATO, your citizens are killed by US drones..yet your Govt could not lift a single finger against them. So we all know who's govt is timid.
Another stupid post... Adding one more Indian fanboy of US to ignore list. By by :wave:

In a way I agree with you, but pls don't forget that First Gulf War happened bcs a big powerful country Iraq thought that they can get away by occupying her small weaker neighbour Kuwait, but Iraq miscalculated.Sameway Taiwan is not Palestine or Tibet which are places that does not have any economic value.

unfair and sad but true
Yes, there is no fairness in the World, and so called "international law" is only used against West opponents, its never applied to US, UK, etc. I remember how Bush said US soldiers arent under international law, and if somebody would try to trial US soldiers in International Court, US would send army to Hague to take its soldiers back. So much for "justice".

Back
Top Bottom