What's new

U.N. Assembly adopts Saudi proposal on Syria aid access

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
43b5af8a-1126-40dc-97e7-3efe452a5447_16x9_788x442.jpg

The U.N. General Assembly’s human right committee approved on Tuesday a Saudi draft resolution demanding immediate humanitarian access to Syrians trapped in the country’s civil war.

The draft resolution passed by the General Assembly’s Third Committee also demanded the Syrian government to stop hampering aid delivery through “bureaucratic impediments and other obstacles.”

The resolution was supported by a vast majority of 123 states and was opposed by 13 countries, including Russia and China.

The resolution “stresses that the magnitude of the humanitarian tragedy caused by the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic requires immediate action to facilitate the safe and unimpeded delivery of humanitarian assistance throughout the entire country.”

It “demands that the Syrian authorities take immediate steps to facilitate the expansion of humanitarian relief operations and lift bureaucratic impediments and other obstacles, including through immediately facilitating safe and unimpeded access to people in need, through the most effective ways, including across conflict lines and across borders.”

The resolution approved Tuesday also comes close to blaming the Syrian government and military for the deadly Aug. 21 nerve gas attack in a Damascus suburb held by the rebels, Associated Press reported.

It said that the September report by U.N. chemical weapons inspectors “provides clear evidence that surface-to-surface rockets were fired on 21 August from Government-held territory into opposition areas, using professionally made munitions containing Sarin.”

The U.N. report itself was careful not to assign blame. The United States said more than 1,400 people were killed, including at least 400 children.

The United Nations estimates that 6.8 million of Syria’s 21.4 million people are in need of humanitarian aid.

While much of the resolution is aimed at the Syrian government, it also “condemns all violence, irrespective of where it comes from, and calls upon all parties to immediately put an end to all forms of violence, including terrorist acts and acts of violence or intimidation that may foment sectarian tensions, and to comply strictly with their obligations under international law, including international humanitarian law.”

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...dopts-Saudi-proposal-on-Syria-aid-access.html

Great piece of work Mr. Al-Ma'alami!

You said you are living in KSA now, right? A great symbol of democracy, human rights and values, especially for women. A model for the free world. you are right.

The proposal is passed and that's that.

As for Saudi women, I guess they are happy with their way of living.

Great piece of work Mr. Al-Ma'alami!

The proposal is passed and that's that.

As for Saudi women, I guess they are happy with their way of living.

Great. But ask your friend not to talk about democracy or dictatorship while living in ME or KSA, it's really funny. We don't have any true democracy in ME, and Israel is a democracy... only for Jews.

Great. But ask your friend not to talk about democracy or dictatorship while living in ME or KSA, it's really funny. We don't have any true democracy in ME, and Israel is a democracy... only for Jews.

I'm just saying :lol:

The Saudis don't believe or claim to be a democratic state.

Again Saudi bashing,I don't understand that exactly when you people will show some respect to each other and when I will see Iran and Saudi members giving respect to one another?please refrain off-topic posts.Saudi Arab is democratic country or not,this is not the topic we are discussing.
-------------------------------------
A very good move by Saudi regime,the resolution accepted by UN is a good initiative as well.
The Syrian crisis needs to be resolved,as situation is getting worse day by day.

Compared to KSA, Iran is a civil rights paradise.

KSA outscores Iran on every parameter be it economy, rights, development, level of happiness among the citizens, opportunities, security etc. according to all international studies.

Nor is the country ruled by fake wannabe Arab Mullah "holy cows" that claim that their rule is God given or a country that occupies other peoples territories (Arabs, Kurds, Turkmen, Baluch etc.)

I'm just saying :lol:

The Saudis don't believe or claim to be a democratic state.

Exactly. Not a Western democratic state but a Islamic state.

why would some one reject humanitarian aid and what is going around in Syria is worst ever known to man kind, worst than karbala crime.

Back
Top Bottom