What's new

Type 214 submarine sale will be used to pay the Greek debt

uk don't hav SSK's, the ones in canada are too old.
French might not be able to go ahead due to their deal of scorpenes with indians.
The only one left is Germans, and this could be a good oportunity, since there is some liquidity with PN, and they looked focused on the underwater arm.

If the deal went through..... then 8 chinese + 3 german + 3 existing. 14 subs will surely secure PN till 2050. And for IN it will be their worst nightmare coming true.
It might be 8+6=14 Chinese + 6 German by 2050

Heil The 4th Reich !
Germany, before and after the Nazis, was always a dynamic power. Anyone would have been able to see this coming, regardless of Nazi Germany. The Germans have always been an economic power, with a few exceptional eras, so this isn't surprising.

Very unlikely that the Germans will sell it to Pakistan now. Germany is in the middle of a competition to sell that type to India. Would guarantee being booted out from there is they sold it to Pakistan.

they might not allow those subs to be sold to pakistan for fear of secrets being transferred to china

I am sure that Greece will be selling its:
U-214s
M-2000 or F-16s
Surface Ships

Well the Greeks have to pay World Bank about $1 Billion by MAY. So they might be willing to sell some stuff other wise they are going to default. This was reported on CNN 2 or 3 days ago.
Can you please define their Military assets below like what they have in Air Force, Navy and Army??? Wikipedia pages are not opening at all.

Can you please define their Military assets below like what they have in Air Force, Navy and Army??? Wikipedia pages are not opening at all.
So far the only assets that have been listed for sale by the Government of Greece are 3 Airbus A-340-300 aircraft.
So far what else might be sold is not yet made public, but one can only think that the new stuff would be the first to go.

In any case just to make it clear, Greece is not selling any of its Type 214 submarines. The first submarine is currently operational. The second submarine is about to enter operational service. The third submarine is about to be officially launched. The fourth submarine will be launched by the time the third submarine completes the acceptance trials.

State-owned Olympic Airlines which was Greece's flag carrier airline used to operate (among other planes) four Airbus A-340s that it leased from the Greek govt. At some point we had to privatize Olympic Airlines. The four aircrafts were thus returned to the Greek govt. The Greek govt had no need of these aircrafts so it's only natural that it tried to sell them as well. It managed to sell two of them to a private investor. The other two are still on sale so if anyone is interested in them (state or person) he's free to buy them.

Other than that Greece has three aircrafts for VIP transport, so that the govt can move around. One of them, an Embaer Legacy 600, is currently on sale.

Well the Greeks have to pay World Bank about $1 Billion by MAY

In any case just to make it clear, Greece is not selling any of its Type 214 submarines.

Unfortunately Greece do not want to repay their loans and would rather go bankrupt than to repay even one Euro back. Honorable people, companies and countries sell their assets and cut expenses to meet the fiduciary responsibility but shameless Greeks consider themselves to be above any law.

First of all it's not the World Bank but the IMF. There's a payment to the IMF of €774,164,409 from the first bailout to be paid by May 12.

Now our govt is composed of insane people so I don't know what they plan to do. What I would like them to do is to get a deal in the next Eurogroup on April 24. They have to present a list of reforms that needs to be approved by the lenders. If it's approved Greece will be given a €7.2 billion loan to keep up with its short-term needs. I know that they're completely insane so I don't expect much from them but there are very specific measures that can be taken which I'm sure will leave the lenders satisfied.

In any case just to make it clear, Greece is not selling any of its Type 214 submarines. The first submarine is currently operational. The second submarine is about to enter operational service. The third submarine is about to be officially launched. The fourth submarine will be launched by the time the third submarine completes the acceptance trials.

State-owned Olympic Airlines which was Greece's flag carrier airline used to operate (among other planes) four Airbus A-340s that it leased from the Greek govt. At some point we had to privatize Olympic Airlines. The four aircrafts were thus returned to the Greek govt. The Greek govt had no need of these aircrafts so it's only natural that it tried to sell them as well. It managed to sell two of them to a private investor. The other two are still on sale so if anyone is interested in them (state or person) he's free to buy them.

Other than that Greece has three aircrafts for VIP transport, so that the govt can move around. One of them, an Embaer Legacy 600, is currently on sale.

Well Olympic Airlines was facing many financial issues way back in early 2000's hence the Government gave them subsidies which was not permitted under European Union Law and Anti-competition Law. The Government tried to fight them but they were able to liquidate the company and a new airline was made by selling the aircraft. This had been previously done by Swiss Air and Sabina due to the same reasons.

As far as the U-214's are concerned they are still owned by the German leasing company if Greece fails to pay them these are going back to Germany and would be sold, to add to the problem Greece is currently updating the U-209's as well, for those upgrades the finance is also a problem. Not to mention other surface ships are also undergoing updates and they are also stuck due to financial problems. Today BBC was reporting on the financial problems that Greece is facing and one of your senior advisers on financial issues was saying that this Government is in a bigger problem not because of the World Bank and IMF payments but because of the loan that has been taken from Germany to Pay off the French banks. This loan amounts to over $150 billion. The repayment scheme that has been arranged is far more complicated and cumbersome than the one IMF and World Bank's.

The German public is very angry at their Government who were kind enough to get tricked by the French in giving this loan to Greece. The German government is is facing a lot of problem at home, that is going to be reflected once the payment period arrives.

Well I can just hope that Greece is able to survive this crisis and once again prosper like the old times.

First of all it's not the World Bank but the IMF. There's a payment to the IMF of €774,164,409 from the first bailout to be paid by May 12.

Now our govt is composed of insane people so I don't know what they plan to do. What I would like them to do is to get a deal in the next Eurogroup on April 24. They have to present a list of reforms that needs to be approved by the lenders. If it's approved Greece will be given a €7.2 billion loan to keep up with its short-term needs. I know that they're completely insane so I don't expect much from them but there are very specific measures that can be taken which I'm sure will leave the lenders satisfied.

Can you please tell me how is the situation on the streets of Greece because when I last visited it was very peaceful and the people would enjoy.

Olympic Airlines should've being privatized long before any of that happened. In any case this is a thing of the past now.

There's no issue currently with the U-214 payments and the U-209 are not currently going through any upgrades. Only the MEKOs are planned to go through a mid-life upgrade and there's no change in these plans as a far as I know.

We only have to pay treasury bills, the IMF, the ECB and private investors for now. The first repayments to eurozone governments (mostly to Germany) will start in 2020.

The situation is the same as always. It's not much you can see just by going for a walk I guess. When you look at the statistics though, the economy is in a free fall ever since the elections. Unless we have a deal, this isn't going to change.

Back
Top Bottom