What's new

Crisis Leaves Greek Military Outgunned By Turkey

Turkey will easily eat Greece for lunch with high state of military preparedness.. I do not like Greece.

you forget--the kibris operation [cyprus]....there were just two greek national guard battalions and they gave the kemlaist army a run for their money....

Turkey will easily eat Greece for lunch with high state of military preparedness.. I do not like Greece.

you forget--the kibris operation [cyprus]....there were just two greek national guard battalions and they gave the kemlaist army a run for their money....

Either they submit to Turkey or we will bring them to their knees :coffee:

Why will Saudi invade Greece? :what:

Will India buy these Mirages? /: man I love the Rafael, we have been in talks with the French for a while to purchase 48 DRs, nothing came out yet.

It depends.

Mirage 2000 variants that Greeks are using are different from the ones we are using. Our Mirage fleets are intact except for one crash that happened due to malfunction sometime ago.

But buying more Mirages are not on the cards.

Rafales are slated to join IAF and this negotiation is just to get the best bang for the buck from them.

It is likely that we will be exercising the additional 74 jet option as well to make the order upto 200+ of them, considering that even when Tejas joins us, the production rate would be very slow (it will take 10 years for 200+ Tejas to be inducted.

Every Greek I met did the same :lol:

They sadly are not hard working these days. What their ancient civilization achieved was because of sheer hard work, dedication and discipline.

Today, Greece had become a nanny state and where it has taken them and rest of the Europe.

Nanny state model is the most dangerous form of self-destruction any country can bring.

Feeding lazy and non-working citizens and paying them hefty benefits for doing nothing is wrong.

They should be made to work and earn their living and be given benefits only in exceptional circumstances like war widows, single mothers, disabled due to terrible mishap and other such instances.

Not when people are fully fit, healthy and able to work.

Either they submit to Turkey or we will bring them to their knees :coffee:

Happy Eid :)

Will India buy these Mirages? /: man I love the Rafael, we have been in talks with the French for a while to purchase 48 DRs, nothing came out yet.

EiD Muabark to you.

Buddy What are DRs? Also don't you think that these Mirages will be against Pakistan. Consider China and the over all operational needs. I know that IAF is looking for 200 Rafaels but these Mirages can be helpful for them in the short run as in total there would be 100+ of them and then IAF can deploy these along side Chinese border, I am 100% sure that if IAF had deployed 100+ SU-30s and 100+ Mirage-2000 along Chinese border than they will fear off that.

Turks should start helping Greeks with their debt.....

by buying off their Islands.

:lol:

Turkey is the only enemy of Greece and they will never help each other at all, but they can destroy each other economy that is the only thing they can do.

DR = Dassault Rafale

EiD Muabark to you.

Buddy What are DRs? Also don't you think that these Mirages will be against Pakistan. Consider China and the over all operational needs. I know that IAF is looking for 200 Rafaels but these Mirages can be helpful for them in the short run as in total there would be 100+ of them and then IAF can deploy these along side Chinese border, I am 100% sure that if IAF had deployed 100+ SU-30s and 100+ Mirage-2000 along Chinese border than they will fear off that.

Well,

A few weeks ago it was announced that the UAE and France came to an agreement regarding the Dassault Rafale, the UAE is interested in purchasing 60 DRs, France is going to buy their 60 Mirage-2000s back. I was hoping that the PN will get its hand on a few at least out of these but @Aeronaut said that Libya is going to buy them all, which is disappointing for me as I was hoping some may go to Pakistan.

I don't think India is interested in either clashing with China or Pakistan, but Pakistan must develop, improve, and enhanced its military capabilities as much as possible.

Here is an interesting piece of an article on The UAE Mirage-2000s
The take back of 60 Mirage 2000-9

In the end, Paris has a master card even if it must be handled carefully : the take-back of 60 Mirage 2000-9. At this point, Abu Dhabi has set the following rule, one explains to "Les Echos", those who will win the deal will be responsible for selling these aircrafts, half of them are nearly 30 year old. As this is a French weapon, Paris has a veto right on their re-export.

To satisfy this rule, BAE therefore needs accurate information - for example to assess the cost of the buy back - that Paris obviously refuses to provide for not favoring the Dassault rival. It is fair game. But what if Abu Dhabi finally choose the Eurofighter? will france block the Mirage resale and the deal and therefore break the trust patiently rewoven?

Meanwhile, the Americans did not remain inactive. They negotiate the sale of twenty F-16 to replace the out of service part of their 80 [F16 fleet] and the installation of Nato Link 16 throughout the fleet. It also seems that this should be accompanied by a large package of air-to-ground missiles. With the hope that, in the end, the Emirates replace these devices with F-35.

Les Echos

Last edited by a moderator:
DR = Dassault Rafale

Well,

A few weeks ago it was announced that the UAE and France came to an agreement regarding the Dassault Rafale, the UAE is interested in purchasing 60 DRs, France is going to buy their 60 Mirage-2000s back. I was hoping that the PN will get its hand on a few at least out of these but @Aeronaut said that Libya is going to buy them all, which is disappointing for me as I was hoping some may go to Pakistan.

I don't think India is interested in either clashing with China or Pakistan, but Pakistan must develop, improve, and enhanced its military capabilities as much as possible.

Here is an interesting piece of an article on The UAE Mirage-2000s

In short I would say that Libya should look towards a good deal on MiG-35s or Su-30s with local production as it will save them a lot in operational cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
In short I would say that Libya should look towards a good deal on MiG-35s or Su-30s with local production as it will save them a lot in operational cost.

I don't know about local production, but I guess the S-35 sounds great :yay:

I have Macedonian friends, they always talk sh!t about Greece because Greece is one of the most racist country in Europe and how it affect Macedonia. Even though, Macedonia hates all neighbouring countries but hates Greece more. How about make an axis Macedonia-Albania-Bosnia-Turkey to pose a threat to the toilet shrinking nation :smokin:

I have Macedonian friends, they always talk sh!t about Greece because Greece is one of the most racist country in Europe and how it affect Macedonia. Even though, Macedonia hates all neighbouring countries but hates Greece more. How about make an axis Macedonia-Albania-Bosnia-Turkey to pose a threat to the toilet shrinking nation :smokin:

Not really, mate. Naturally if you ask one country's rival, you will not get to hear good things.

Before the crisis emerged and public sentiments went radical and race-oriented, Greece was a fabulous country until a couple of years ago.

On my visits to the country, I found very warm and welcoming people in places like Thessaloniki, Chania, Alexandropouli and Ioannina. Athens people are a bit uptight IMO but the country was quite welcoming, as welcoming as its beautiful natural locales are.

Macedonians are having a name issue with Greeks who claim that Macedonia was actually a Greek founding and that the people of the country Macedonia have stolen the name. Its pretty serious over there.

Now,now,it doesn't work like that,it wasn't Russia who liberated them but France.A little gratitude must be extended.:P

Tbh most Greeks I meet are simply lazy and brag about their heritage. Now their economy is in turmoil since they rather get the benefits from the state without paying taxes.

That's it. That's precisely the reason why I despise the Greeks!

Not really, mate. Naturally if you ask one country's rival, you will not get to hear good things.

Before the crisis emerged and public sentiments went radical and race-oriented, Greece was a fabulous country until a couple of years ago.

On my visits to the country, I found very warm and welcoming people in places like Thessaloniki, Chania, Alexandropouli and Ioannina. Athens people are a bit uptight IMO but the country was quite welcoming, as welcoming as its beautiful natural locales are.

Macedonians are having a name issue with Greeks who claim that Macedonia was actually a Greek founding and that the people of the country Macedonia have stolen the name. Its pretty serious over there.

So will India Buy Greek and Taiwanese Mirage-2000s and also will Turkey going to buy A-4s from Greece and Germany in order to keep their fleet running...

So will India Buy Greek and Taiwanese Mirage-2000s and also will Turkey going to buy A-4s from Greece and Germany in order to keep their fleet running...

IAF has made no point in buying used aircraft. There was a consideration for Qatari Mirages but they were too expensive for a used aircraft. Currently, it is focused on other aircraft which are to arrive:

Tejas next year,
Rafale with two years from now and
Additional Su-30MKIs ordered from Russia as a stop-gap measure.
PAK-FA from 2017 onwards.
HTT-40/PC-7 basic trainers.
IJT-36 intermediate trainers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom