What's new

Type 076 Amphibious Assault Ship (LHD?) News & Discussions

First, you should not take the Global Times as the official media.

Second, I don't see any intention of carrying a regular fighter jet.

According to the notices, the in-development new warship will likely feature an electromagnetic aircraft launch system, which would allow it to carry fixed wing aircraft including fighter jets and drones that don't require short takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL) such as the US' F-35B fighter jet, reports said.

Having ability and using ability mean two things.

I am informed that the Chinese military thinks the US F22, F35 are all wrong ideas.China will not develop STOVL.
China believes in not pursuing too comprehensive a capability on one piece of equipment.This only leads to cost increases and performance compromises.

So the main role of 076 is still LHA,not a UCAV carrier, or a hybrid carrier.The ejection UCAV is intended only to replace some of the attack helicopter and reconnaissance functions.
Provide information and air support to the landing forces.If there is a serious air threat, it must be accompanied by aircraft carriers.

In the meantime, I suspect that in the future, air combat UCAVs could be added, combined with the recently leaked plans for a 6GEN fighter.

First, If we cannot take Global times and China's daily as official media.
Which media can we take as official media? Forbes? CNN? SCMP?

I know sometimes, they are not 100% true. Every people can make mistake.
But until now, they are the best reference to 'Official media' for China's matter.

Second,
Yes so we are both agree that Type 076 LHA can have Fighter Jet onboard Type 076.

But the point, it will or not?
That's another matter..and like I said. We need to wait and see for that.

But according to POP3, China make Type 076 to handle F-35 STOVL problem.
So the question, How can you handle and take care F-35 only using UCAV?

First, If we cannot take Global times and China's daily as official media.
Which media can we take as official media? Forbes? CNN? SCMP?

I know sometimes, they are not 100% true. Every people can make mistake.
But until now, they are the best reference to 'Official media' for China's matter.

Second,
Yes so we are both agree that Type 076 LHA can have Fighter Jet onboard Type 076.

But the point, it will or not?
That's another matter..and like I said. We need to wait and see for that.

But according to POP3, China make Type 076 to handle F-35 STOVL problem.
So the question, How can you handle and take care F-35 only using UCAV?
This is a common misconception. These are both companies.The Global Times is often criticised by officials because it is a nationalistic tabloid.

People's Daily, CCTV, Xinhua news Agency, PLA Daily,they are the official media.Inside China, the Global Times is often referred to as the dog that catches the Frisbee.

Also, military is not a one-on-one game, and just because the US has the F-35 doesn't mean China has to have something similar.The F35 provides the U.S LHA with better air capability.China is just trying to improve its air capability, not to get the F35.So, China is using UCAV to achieve a similar effect.In order to use the large UCAV,it need an electromagnetic aircraft launch system.That's the right logic.

This is a common misconception. These are both companies.The Global Times is often criticised by officials because it is a nationalistic tabloid.

People's Daily, CCTV, Xinhua news Agency, PLA Daily,they are the official media.Inside China, the Global Times is often referred to as the dog that catches the Frisbee.

Also, military is not a one-on-one game, and just because the US has the F-35 doesn't mean China has to have something similar.The F35 provides the U.S LHA with better air capability.China is just trying to improve its air capability, not to get the F35.So, China is using UCAV to achieve a similar effect.In order to use the large UCAV,it need an electromagnetic aircraft launch system.That's the right logic.

But Global times under People's daily.
So?

I still don't get it. How can you achieve similar effect with F-35 STOVL onboard american LHA without using Fighter jets and only using UCAV?

My heart still believe Type 076 LHA only bring UCAV. But my Logic says NO.
And the Man will follow their Logic

But Global times under People's daily.
So?

I still don't get it. How can you achieve similar effect with F-35 STOVL onboard american LHA without using Fighter jets and only using UCAV?

My heart still believe Type 076 LHA only bring UCAV. But my Logic says NO.
And the Man will follow their Logic
How hard could it be to fly over the enemy's head and drop the bomb?

If your enemy has dozens of modern fighters, I don't think a dozen F35B is the answer either.

So the Idea of STOVL in the US makes no sense at all.It was just one of many misdesigns by the US after the end of the Cold War, based on the idea that there was no rival.

First, you should not take the Global Times as the official media.

Second, I don't see any intention of carrying a regular fighter jet.

According to the notices, the in-development new warship will likely feature an electromagnetic aircraft launch system, which would allow it to carry fixed wing aircraft including fighter jets and drones that don't require short takeoff and vertical landing (STOVL) such as the US' F-35B fighter jet, reports said.

Having ability and using ability mean two things.

I am informed that the Chinese military thinks the US F22, F35 are all wrong ideas.China will not develop STOVL.
China believes in not pursuing too comprehensive a capability on one piece of equipment.This only leads to cost increases and performance compromises.

So the main role of 076 is still LHA,not a UCAV carrier, or a hybrid carrier.The ejection UCAV is intended only to replace some of the attack helicopter and reconnaissance functions.
Provide information and air support to the landing forces.If there is a serious air threat, it must be accompanied by aircraft carriers.

In the meantime, I suspect that in the future, air combat UCAVs could be added, combined with the recently leaked plans for a 6GEN fighter.

Dude the tender for the 076 was not issued by the Global Times ... it was issued by the PLAN. Go read through the 076 thread, I'm pretty sure someone posted it there already.

Also, as @Daniel707 pointed out already, Pop3 said the 076 will solve the problem posed by a lack of STOVL-like fighters (F-35B). This basically states the 076 will launch manned aircraft via catapult.

Dude the tender for the 076 was not issued by the Global Times ... it was issued by the PLAN. Go read through the 076 thread, I'm pretty sure someone posted it there already.

Also, as @Daniel707 pointed out already, Pop3 said the 076 will solve the problem posed by a lack of STOVL-like fighters (F-35B). This basically states the 076 will launch manned aircraft via catapult.

I can't see the connection between them.
We all agree that China will not develop STOVL.You think the solution for China is to ship J15, and I think the solution is to use UCAV.

I still hold to my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom