What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

052D DDG new "VLS" in actions for the 1st time:china:
Firing "YJ-18" 【首见052D驱逐舰垂直发射鹰击18反舰导弹
vw_org.gif

3Rh5VvU.jpg
LcjnWYw.jpg
gFdJDMm.jpg

Could somebody translate the following (regarding YJ-18 on 052D)?

"从画面上看是热发射吗,可以排除使用冷发射的红旗9舰空导弹。另外,052D在舰桥前部安装4组8联装垂发系统,其中有2组是共架垂发,可混装16枚鹰击18或红旗9导弹,其他2组和后部4组是红旗9的专用垂发筒。以上两点可以断定这个视频截图是鹰击18反舰导弹。"

This seems to imply that only 16 out of 64 VLS cells on the 052D can launch the YJ-18 (or are simply dedicated to launching the YJ-18). Which leads to a few questions:
  1. We know that the 052D's universal VLS comes in three cell sizes: 3.3m, 7m, and 9m. Can a particular VLS cell be taken out of its compartment and replaced with a cell of a different size?
  2. Are all of the VLS spaces onboard the 052D capable of holding the 9m variant of the universal VLS cell?
  3. Or, are the VLS cells capable of launching all types of missiles, but that 16 of the cells are simply dedicated (by choice, not by configuration) to launching the YJ-18?
Thanks.

I think it says, there are 2 group of launchers (16 in total) on 52D that are both capable of hot and cold launch method, since YJ-18 need to be hot launched (how I understand it), so those 2 groups are the ones to have AshM, but they can also launch HQ-9 with cold launch method if need to be. Could be just means there are only 2 groups (16 in total) has exhaust ports.

I think it says, there are 2 group of launchers (16 in total) on 52D that are both capable of hot and cold launch method, since YJ-18 need to be hot launched (how I understand it), so those 2 groups are the ones to have AshM, but they can also launch HQ-9 with cold launch method if need to be.

Thanks for the translation.

So, the choice of launcher is not limited by size or "depth" of the vessel but rather its launch method?

Could somebody translate the following (regarding YJ-18 on 052D)?

"从画面上看是热发射吗,可以排除使用冷发射的红旗9舰空导弹。另外,052D在舰桥前部安装4组8联装垂发系统,其中有2组是共架垂发,可混装16枚鹰击18或红旗9导弹,其他2组和后部4组是红旗9的专用垂发筒。以上两点可以断定这个视频截图是鹰击18反舰导弹。"

This seems to imply that only 16 out of 64 VLS cells on the 052D can launch the YJ-18 (or are simply dedicated to launching the YJ-18). Which leads to a few questions:
  1. We know that the 052D's universal VLS comes in three cell sizes: 3.3m, 7m, and 9m. Can a particular VLS cell be taken out of its compartment and replaced with a cell of a different size?
  2. Are all of the VLS spaces onboard the 052D capable of holding the 9m variant of the universal VLS cell?
  3. Or, are the VLS cells capable of launching all types of missiles, but that 16 of the cells are simply dedicated (by choice, not by configuration) to launching the YJ-18?
Thanks.
From the screen it could be seen to be hot launched, so can rule out the use of cold launch HQ9(HHQ-9) SAM. In addition, 052D have installed in the front of the bridge 4 groups of 8 'union'(universal) VLS, of which there are 2 groups of "combined-firing"(Hot & Cold) VLS, Can have mixed installation of either 16 YJ-18 or HQ9. The other 2 groups and the rear groups are dedicated HQ9 VLS. Can conclude from the above 2 points that this video screenshot is the YJ-18 ASHM.

Yes, due to a problem with propulsion. Word is that she will be replaced by another 052D.

But doesn't that bode rather ill for the warship.

Almost everyone considers propulsion as a Chinese weakness. (though Chinese in this forum will have you believe that they are already ahead of everyone else)

That is why I have said, first prove your mantle in the civilian ship propulsion market. It is DOMINATED by western firms.

But doesn't that bode rather ill for the warship.

Almost everyone considers propulsion as a Chinese weakness. (though Chinese in this forum will have you believe that they are already ahead of everyone else)

That is why I have said, first prove your mantle in the civilian ship propulsion market. It is DOMINATED by western firms.

Let the investigations run their course first. It's the first incident of its kind to occur on the 052 series, so conclusions concerning the propulsion system would have to wait until technical data is obtained.

Let the investigations run their course first. It's the first incident of its kind to occur on the 052 series, so conclusions concerning the propulsion system would have to wait until technical data is obtained.

Except we don't know. This was a ship that we knew was heading to the Baltics, and suddenly stopped midway (according to reports).

China has a habit of hiding anything that can make them lose face, unless it is something that can't be hidden.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom