What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

052D DDG "154" getting ready for commissioning soon
i8Z7WmA.jpg

can we hope that PLN DDG will surpass the number of US DDG in futur...................? :china::bounce:

can we hope that PLN DDG will surpass the number of US DDG in futur...................? :china::bounce:
That's unlikely given very self-disciplined spending, in nominal value it's even less than a quarter of US. Sure China has world's largest maritime equipment industry (and related like steel, machining, electrical, etc), it can switch to war-time mode if needed. But during peace-time China government is very careful about money burn rate, long-term financial sustainability (vs bankruptcy), there is no motive (Chinese defence complex is state-owned) to over-tax the mass public or to indebt their next generation.

But there seems to be no announcement or spotted ceremony. Usually an announcement will be made from ministry of defense of PRC.

Exactly.........many times in the past, people have said ships have been commissioned, when in fact they havn't. Having a pennant number painted on, doesn't mean a ship has joined the fleet. To me, when i hear or see news of a vessels commissioning ceremony, only then can we say a ship has joined the active fleet........and as of this moment until we see or hear otherwise, only 5 x 052D's are in the fleet, though i do expect the 6th one to join very soon. :-)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom