What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

DDG “Hohehot" :enjoy:

HOHEHOT.jpg

Thanks for the pic of this ship here, I think the very first one here :D

Btw the common English name for the capital city of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region (provincial level) is HOHHOT 呼和浩特. Been there last summer.

For a moment I get confused what's the DDG Type :p: Until I see I'm in the 052D thread :) LOL

Strange on how Wikipedia (ZH) on 052D has completely missed this Hohhot in its full ship list?? So some ship name there is incorrect :o: And it lists the coming ship name Qiqihar 齐齐哈尔, which is the 2nd largest city in Heilongjiang. Of course it will be an incorrect naming for a ship of this class :-> LOL

Last edited:
Strange on how Wikipedia (ZH) on 052D has completely missed this Hohhot in its full ship list?? So some ship name there is incorrect :o: And it lists the coming ship name Qiqihar 齐齐哈尔, which is the 2nd largest city in Heilongjiang. Of course it will be an incorrect naming for a ship of this class :-> LOL

6月26日,“七一”前夕,我国海军又一艘新型导弹驱逐舰在中船重工大船集团二号船台成功下水。中船重工党组书记、董事长胡问鸣亲临现场为新舰砍缆并讲话,海军驱逐舰某支队领导、齐齐哈尔市委书记孙珅等共同见证。

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/LXD81vrtGH80Pup9ymKvsQ

Let's see the realization then... :-) because so far all the 052D ships are named after the capital cities of provinces, except Xiamen, which is one of the first four cities designated as SEZ. Nonetheless one of 052D namelist in wiki (zh) is wrong since it's taken over by Hohhot, which is not in that list.

Let's see the realization then... :-) because so far all the 052D ships are named after the capital cities of provinces, except Xiamen, which is one of the first four cities designated as SEZ. Nonetheless one of 052D namelist in wiki (zh) is wrong since it's taken over by Hohhot, which is not in that list.

Why take second-hand information from Wikipedia so seriously while looking down upon those first-hand sources?:-)

Why take second-hand information from Wikipedia so seriously while looking down upon those first-hand sources?:-)
Thanks for the link. On the contrary to what you might have thought! :P I just missed to read the link in my immediate preceding post.

Now consolidating the info, it should be DDG 052D Hohhot with hull no. 121, provided the wiki (zh) doesn't make another mistake :p:

tmp_31163-Type 052D DDG Qiqihar with hull no. 121 - Wiki (zh)1192532831.jpg

See, the wiki(zh) page put the Hohhot (here mentioned as Qiqihar, look at the water touchdown/launch date) to be expected to be commissioned in around H1 2020.. what a huge miss!! Further this ship is categorized as the 2nd batch.

I had to open my comp to prepare this collaged screenshot, no way from smartphone that I'm using for browsing here :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. On the contrary to what you might have thought! :P I just missed to read the link in my immediate preceding post.

Now consolidating the info, it should be DDG 052D Hohhot with hull no. 121, provided the wiki (zh) doesn't make another mistake :p:

View attachment 471022

See, the wiki(zh) page put the Hohhot (here mentioned as Qiqihar, look at the water touchdown/launch date) to be expected to be commissioned in around H1 2020.. what a huge miss!! Further this ship is categorized as the 2nd batch.

I had to open my comp to prepare this collaged screenshot, no way from smartphone that I'm using for browsing here :D
The wiki(zh) page on 052D was updated today (03 May), put the name of Hohhot with hull no. 161 at JNCX with no info on date columns (list#14), Qiqihar remains at list#13. :-)

A small oil tanker was berthed along side the Type 052D #1 (Dalian) (DDG-119 Guiyang?). Looks like Fuel oil were being transferred to the destroyer. It should be expected to leave the pier soon for delivery to PLAN.

23d617decc0fb84af61d9084725e8086-001.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom