What's new

Type 052D DDG News & Discussions

img-ba8355084644efd6dfe82c710e39908b.jpg

The VLS on the 055 are 9 meters long by .85 meter in diameter, correct?
That allows for a very large missile. I was looking at China's ballistic missiles and the DF-11A is 8.5 meters long by .8 meters in diameter. What if the 055 was armed with ship-borne anti-ship ballistic missile based on the DF-11A and using the guidance and targeting developed for the DF 21? An 825 km range ballistic missile with a warhead of 500 kg coming in at high speed would be deadly! Just a thought.

The VLS on the 055 are 9 meters long by .85 meter in diameter, correct?
That allows for a very large missile. I was looking at China's ballistic missiles and the DF-11A is 8.5 meters long by .8 meters in diameter. What if the 055 was armed with ship-borne anti-ship ballistic missile based on the DF-11A and using the guidance and targeting developed for the DF 21? An 825 km range ballistic missile with a warhead of 500 kg coming in at high speed would be deadly! Just a thought.

I think YJ-18 with approximately similar range, but supersonic sea skimming will be more deadly, and Type 055 can have them.

Chinese Internet widely circulates that the first new type 052DG is ready to be launched soon. 052DG is an improved variant of 052D with various upgrades, including a lengthened helicopter landing deck. The letter "G" or gai 改 in Chinese means "Improve".

Bracketed in red is very likely the new type 052DG. This photo was taken many months ago (around April or May this year).
055 1 JNCX Apr 2018.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom