What's new

Two Pakistan coast guard killed in Pakistan's key CPEC port district

Reaction score
Country
India
Sun Oct 23, 2016 | 1:19 PM EDT
Two Pakistan coast guard killed in Pakistan's key CPEC port district.
By Gul Yusufzai | QUETTA, PAKISTAN

Two Pakistan Coast Guard officers were gunned down in the southwestern province of Balochistan on Sunday in a district that is key to a Chinese-funded transport and energy project opposed by separatist militants, police said.
No one had claimed responsibility for the attack in the port district of Gwadar by late Sunday night.
Police official Chakar Khan Baloch said the attack was in the seaside town of Jiwani near the Iranian border.
"Two people on a motorcycle targeted Pakistan Coast Gard personnel when they were patrolling in the bazaar of the coastal town," Baloch said.
Two civilians were also wounded and hospitalized, he added.
Baloch said the two men were working the intelligence unit of the coast guard in Jiwani, about 80 km (50 miles) west of the Gwadar deepwater port.
It was not clear whether the attack was connected to the port or the $46 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)project, a network of roads, railways and energy pipelines aiming to connect western Chinese cities to the sea port in Gwadar.
Resource-rich Baluchistan has decades-old ethnic Baluch separatist movements that are battling the central Pakistani government and oppose the CPEC as bringing little benefit to local residents.
Militants trying to disrupt the CPEC project have killed 44 workers since 2014, an official said on Thursday, a rising toll likely to reinforce Chinese worry about the project's security.
(Writing by Kay Johnson; Editing by Ros Russell)

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN12N0SX[/URL

ina+lillah+e+wa+inna+eleh+e+rajeun.jpg

I have tried to understand the conflict in Balouchistan by so called Baloch nationalists but I just can't do it. I mean there are more Balouch in the rest of Pakistan than in Balouchistan yet they are living there peacefully.

Nearly 25% of Sindhi population are mix with Balouchs and there are millions in Punjab who are descended from Balouch tribes who migrated in to the Punjab province but these so called Balouch nationalists claim there is a genocide going on against them. But how come I have never heard of such complaints from Balouch living in other areas of Pakistan. No one target kills them even though they are also migrants in to those respective provinces. They are accepted as brothers and sisters and no one would ever dare to call them "Settlers".

Yet, why is it that these so called "Balouch Nationalists" who are addicted to money coming in from foreign governments are always crying about this mythical genocide that only seems to be happening in their twisted minds?

its propaganda news, and Indians are very happy to share this kind of news.

Indian agents at it again. They will do anything to end CPEC.

Our concerned indian brothers 'Thanks for informing us'. I should maybe drop my pakistani newpaper and subscribe on you guys for the latest news. Please do next time include 'Modi sarkars latest memes'...thanks

its propaganda news, and Indians are very happy to share this kind of news.
Indian agents at it again. They will do anything to end CPEC.
Paid wh*res of bhartais should be eliminated.

What India has to do with it???
1. Baloch Nantinalists live in Exile in UK, Europe and Canada, none of them live and operate from India
2. They claim atrocities by Pakistani Fauj

What India has to do with Balochistan..

1. India never Attacked East Pakistan in 47-48 or 65
2. India never stopped Pakistani water (80-20% Share btwn India and Pakistan)

If India really want , it can break Balochistan in few weeks, remember East Pakistan?? It took just 13 Days (December 3, 1971 – December 16, 1971)

Stop Badmouthing India.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom