What's new

Two more drone attacks..

The policy I guess being espoused here--they are willing to let 9 out 10 terrorist go , to avoid the death of a civilian----- to only have those 9 kill 20x times civilians elsewhere.

Don't you think Zardari will have to ask for Kayani's permission to give him back the permission to take action?

Who really has the bigger say and more power?

Will step in if Zardari fails to control chaos: Kayani

If Kayani wants, all this can be stopped. But you too know he was the chief of the ISI with strong focus on the NWFP area. He knows very well that the militants killed in drones are mostly those who are the enemy of the State of Pakistan.

Let the people say what they want here, majority of the members on this forum barely know what is going on around them.

and amazingly enough, YOU know it sitting in New Dehli.. HUH!

and amazingly enough, YOU know it sitting in New Dehli.. HUH!

Contrary to your perception, one does not have to be in the place to know better. But one certainly needs to read from the right, unbiased sources.

Anyway, I, in DeHli, am still much nearer to Pakistan, than you in the UK, don't you think?

Don't you think Zardari will have to ask for Kayani's permission to give him back the permission to take action?

Who really has the bigger say and more power?

Will step in if Zardari fails to control chaos: Kayani

If Kayani wants, all this can be stopped. But you too know he was the chief of the ISI with strong focus on the NWFP area. He knows very well that the militants killed in drones are mostly those who are the enemy of the State of Pakistan.

Let the people say what they want here, majority of the members on this forum barely know what is going on around them.

Not really. He needs the authorization from the civilian government to act differently. The Army is being targeting by the West anyways, & for Kayani to try to illegally overthrow the elected Zardari regime would render the Pakistan Army a terrorist organization. So the Pakistan Defense Forces (Army, Air Force) are on a tight leash now. However, if legal means were pursued, & the civilian Pakistani government (that is in power) told the US to stop the drone attacks, & if they didn't, gave the Pakistan Air Force authorization to shoot down the drones, that would not be harmful to the Pakistan Defense Forces as they would go through the legal means of acting like they do.

Contrary to your perception, one does not have to be in the place to know better. But one certainly needs to read from the right, unbiased sources.

Anyway, I, in DeHli, am still much nearer to Pakistan, than you in the UK, don't you think?

Unbiased?? are you for real?? an INDIAN and Unbiased?? joke of the century..

And yeah i know more about my country, my people and politicians then you in any given time.. i have stakes in this country, its development and sovereignty.. YOU DON'T!!!!

Not really. He needs the authorization of the government to act differently. The Army is being targeting by the West anyways, & for Kayani to try to illegally overthrow the Zardari regime would render the Pakistan Army a terrorist organization.

How would you know that?

Matter of fact is, more than Indians, or Pakistanis, it is the American Generals and the American media, that have been praising Gen Kayani all along for his perseverance and some Generals (Americans) even went so far as to say that General Kayani has no plans of toppling the government.

But when I go through the Pakistani media, it seems they are the frontrunners in egging the Army further and further to nullify the government and take control.

So the Pakistan Defense Forces (Army, Air Force) are on a tight leash now.

You know the link I posted in my previous post... It says (and millions others that quoted the General) that General Kayani has warned the Zardari government that if it doesn't put the house in order, the Army might step in.

Doesn't really sound like he is on government's leash. Rather, more like the government is on his leash.

However, if legal means were pursued, & the civilian Pakistani government (that is in power) told the US to stop the drone attacks, & if they didn't, gave the Pakistan Air Force authorization to shoot down the drones, that would not be harmful to the Pakistan Defense Forces as they would go through the legal means of acting like they do.

It reminds of the times of Musharraf and his coup d' état. Nawaz has been among the easiest assets the US had in Islamabad, yet, after Musharraf came into power, the US decided to begin dealing with him, than call his coup illegal or anything on that line.

So I doubt that after such unrest in the country, if the Army steps in, the US, or any other country, would call it illegal. It will be internal matter of Pakistan.

Let me help you a little -

Unbiased?? are you for real?? an INDIAN and Unbiased?? joke of the century..

^^^The best example of bias.

And yeah i know more about my country, my people and politicians then you in any given time.. i have stakes in this country, its development and sovereignty.. YOU DON'T!!!!

First decide what citizenship you hold, then come and tell others about my country and your country. May be, my being an Indian makes me a greater stakeholder in the stability of Pakistan. You are none to know.

Well till they start NW operation drones will continue. PA/PAF neither has desire nor will nor courage to face US. Therefore they are trying to put it on politicians.

Heavens!!

When will they stop?

Why has the Pakistan Govt not given the Air Chief the permission to bring them down as he asked them to allow, when deposing before the Pakistan Parliament?

What is stopping the Air Chief legitimate demands?

the agreement duly agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed today verbally or written

Constantly these articles state "militants were killed"...They don't know that. By US and CIA definition anyone in possession of firearms is a "militant". In tribal areas many people own firearms that doesn't make them a "militant", truthfully many innocent are being killed. As I mentioned years ago the drones strikes would become a greater nuisance and were designed to create tension among tribal people and Pakistani army and government to create division. The tribal people have grounds to hate and oppose Pakistani Government for failure of protecting them after years of drone strikes.

It is up to Pakistani people to launch massive revolt and demand the ousting of the Government and immediate elections be held. If you don't care about Pakistan then dont revolt.

Pakistan needs a revolt not a protest.

Drone strikes were introduced during the time of Gen.Musharaff..If army was against drones why didn't they oppose it then?Now putting the blame on civilian govt just a hogwash-last 63 years history is more than enough to understand who holds more power in pakistan-whether army or civilian govt.

Back
Top Bottom