What's new

Two Indian soldiers killed in LoC skirmish: Indian army

That was not by media, but by some other source. By the way you are also right.

------

And @All these people here talking about 1 k badle 2 and all sort of BS, should wait for next couple of days or even Soon.

That would be too obvious...just saying.

Good, i thought PK has no interest on Kashmir.

As I mentioned earlier when the PA soldier was killed after IA troops crossed the LoC and conducted a failed attack on a Pakistani outpost, that these kinds of incidents happen on the LoC. Armies trade fire, skirmish happens, and some guys go down. After this its likely both sides will call flag meeting if not more skirmishes will continue, which will just escalate things.

Though to be honest people are acting very sensationalist, think of it this way, this comes after IA crossed the LoC and attacked a PA outpost and killed a PA soldier and wounded one, so retaliation was made and 2 Indian soldiers killed, well what is so surprising in that? Some posters here acting as if this isn't a fair game attack. Besides loosing 2 soldiers really isn't that bad situation can be worse on LoC.

Either way lets see what happens in the next few hours and days.

It is a shame really. Loss of life is deplorable - whether Indian or Pakistani.

we've medieval mentality and relative incompetence measurement complex... we're still many years from human level peace that you find in Europe (Remember, that also came at pretty steep price).

As I mentioned earlier when the PA soldier was killed after IA troops crossed the LoC and conducted a failed attack on a Pakistani outpost, that these kinds of incidents happen on the LoC. Armies trade fire, skirmish happens, and some guys go down. After this its likely both sides will call flag meeting if not more skirmishes will continue, which will just escalate things.

Though to be honest people are acting very sensationalist, think of it this way, this comes after IA crossed the LoC and attacked a PA outpost and killed a PA soldier and wounded one, so retaliation was made and 2 Indian soldiers killed, well what is so surprising in that? Some posters here acting as if this isn't a fair game attack. Besides loosing 2 soldiers really isn't that bad situation can be worse on LoC.

Fully agree that this is the reality at LOC and a lot of times, there are casualties that dont even make it to the headlines. However I really hope that the news of decapitation is not true. Becoz that will push the jawans and officers on the ground a little out of control and we may end up seeing a long series of these retaliations and counter retaliations.

I agree - it's still too early to predict what will happen next, till now it's an internal discussion in India and specially in the media and they too are still confused about what to do next.

seems like things are going to be little hot now...

NEW DELHI: India’s Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid said on Tuesday that New Delhi would give a “proportionate” response to the “ghastly” death of two soldiers in a firefight with Pakistani troops.

He said the incident, which took place up about half a kilometre inside Indian territory, according to the Indian army, was a “clear attempt to derail the dialogue” between the rivals whose relations have improved in recent years.

“We need to do something about this and we will, but it has to be done after careful consideration of all the details in consultation with the defence ministry,” Khurshid told the NDTV news channel.

“It is absolutely unacceptable, ghastly, and really, really terrible and extremely short-sighted by their part,” he added, promising that the response would be “proportionate”.

“This seems like a clear attempt to derail the dialogue,” he added.

“We have to find ways in which the dialogue is not sabotaged or destroyed.”

Indian defence analysts point to past attacks in India, allegedly staged or encouraged by Pakistani military and intelligence officials, in order to sabotage peace efforts and perpetuate hostilities between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

Diplomatic relations had been steadily improving in the last two years after India broke off a slow-moving peace process in the wake of the 2008 attacks on Mumbai, which were blamed on Pakistan-based militants.

Recent trust-building measures have included a new focus on boosting trade and encouraging cross-border visits through easier visa regimes.

Pakistan’s cricket team was also given the greenlight to tour India for the first time in five years for a series that ended on Sunday.

India to respond to ‘ghastly’ attack on troops: minister | World | DAWN.COM

Yep. I still suspect that.

I live on that freaking border (where the homes are beyond the border fence, literally) and i find it too difficult to believe that a solider would chop another soldiers head and carry it with him. That is Talibanesque not soldierish.

Though, you will appreciate, there is nothing called as unemployed in terrorism. Govt. jumps over to give em jobs. All you have to do is 'declare' that you are 'surrendering', instead of 'unemployed' on your facebook page.

More like a Linkdin Profile..
What do you state in skills?
Where do these come in ?
Plus, Pakistan has NO terrorist rehab program.. probably another reason why its losing the WoT,

I am pointing to the impending unemployment of elements of the LeT and likewise.. along with their handlers.
Handlers that find their funding cut and purpose diminished.
Few months ago a terrorist outfit unit's leader said if Pakistan don't take Kashmir issue seriously they are going to attack Pakistan too.

What's your take on that there might be a faction of PA officials who used this India killing PA soldier for revenge attack and used non-state actors. I mean its safe for those PA officials to use these extremists as if they are caught or killed, Pakistan can deny any links.

Eorl ⚔;3781343 said:
Good, i thought PK has no interest on Kashmir.
What's good about this news and possible Indo-Pak skirmishes increasing. Both countries don't want any confrontation especially in their present conditions.

What can happen,

Flag meeting is called, more chai biscuit, "misunderstanding" on LoC, ceasefire revived

Opposition leaders in India: this would not have happened if Rahul was PM

Pakistan President: Unaware of Army involvement or recent attack across LoC

Or

Skirmish continues with same intensity or greater intensity

Few months ago a terrorist outfit unit's leader said if Pakistan don't take Kashmir issue seriously they are going to attack Pakistan too.

What's your take on that there might be a faction of PA officials who used this India killing PA soldier for revenge attack and used non-state actors. I mean its safe for those PA officials to use these extremists as if they are caught or killed, Pakistan can deny any links.

Pakistan cannot dictate terms to the Kashmiri freedom fighters.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom