What's new

Twitter roasts Modi for saying people were ashamed to be born Indian till one year ago

doublemaster

Reaction score
Country
India
Twitter roasts Modi for saying people were ashamed to be born Indian till one year ago

So, We had a silent PM who worked, had self respect and world used to respect him for being ManMohan Singh rather than Indian PM. But now we have a Indian PM who is allowed to visit certian country only because he is Indian PM (Basically using Respect which India earned over last 60 years!). Irony is Indian Insulted MMS and Modi insulted Indians!

He did not say that people were ashamed to be born in India.

He did:
'Earlier, you felt ashamed of being born Indian. Now you feel proud to represent the country'.

Nonsense if he said that. Or he may have said that intentionally to provoke some people. What i hear from his speech is different.

He did:
'Earlier, you felt ashamed of being born Indian. Now you feel proud to represent the country'.
And where is he wrong?

In western world people respect u for your country. Indians are respected abroad for their education and qualification and the situation of their country.

A year before, developed world opportunits and myopic people knew India was casteism, poverty, rape, a lost cause, a lost opportunity, etc etc. Personal Experience.

Today people know us as the fastest growing big economy. A leader who is audible and visible for the sake of his countrymen. A strong foreign policy. In simple words, countries have started to talk bout India and in some good positive manner.

And a disclaimer that, I feel Modi was saying on behalf of NRIs who represent India outside subcontinent. And it was mostly true.

If its taken in general for the 1.25 billion in India, then that statement is obviously wrong.

And where is he wrong?

In western world people respect u for your country. Indians are respected abroad for their education and qualification and the situation of their country.

A year before, developed world opportunits and myopic people knew India was casteism, poverty, rape, a lost cause, a lost opportunity, etc etc. Personal Experience.

Today people know us as the fastest growing big economy. A leader who is audible and visible for the sake of his countrymen. A strong foreign policy. In simple words, countries have started to talk bout India and in some good positive manner.

And a disclaimer that, I feel Modi was saying on behalf of NRIs who represent India outside subcontinent. And it was mostly true.

If its taken in general for the 1.25 billion in India, then that statement is obviously wrong.

It's a stupid remark with no excuses. As @itachiii has already said, we might be ashamed of governments, does not mean we are ashamed of being Indian. Is Mr.Modi making the argument that Indians were ashamed when Atal Behari Vajpayee was the PM?

Regardless of your personal experience, it is more than a bit silly to suggest that all Indians feel proud only because Mr.Modi is in power. One year is nothing in the time span of this country, Mr. Modi has barely scratched the surface. I can understand if some sycophant were to deliver such a line but to deliver it himself is absolutely tasteless and jarring. Mr. Modi speaks & tweets too much (he was guilty of unnecessarily embarrassing the Nepali PM by putting it out on twitter that the Nepali PM had heard about the earthquake from him. Crass even if true).

So, We had a silent PM who worked, had self respect and world used to respect him for being ManMohan Singh rather than Indian PM. But now we have a Indian PM who is allowed to visit certian country only because he is Indian PM (Basically using Respect which India earned over last 60 years!). Irony is Indian Insulted MMS and Modi insulted Indians!

wow .. what about before?

I told u before and i am telling u now, this man can do whatever if it can give him publicity...but this one got proper reply
But Congi stooge,he is at least not selling his motherland unlike your Congi masters!!Well he may have made a mistake by saying this but he isn't corrupt to the core like your MMS who was not only a corrupt man but also a shameless stooge of the fake Gandhi family:coffee:!!

He is a very shrewd politician. He might have said that intentionally to create controversy.

Back
Top Bottom