What's new

Twist in MMRCA

Is this official that we are considering the purchase of these mirages aprt from up gradation of our mirages ??/ Plz share some reliable source....Also where they are planning to use them, i mean they are replacement for what ?/

Well , it could be that we decide to purchase these 75 Mirage 2009 and decide to retire our Mirage 2000h without upgrading them , in 2020

If we intend to upg our mirage 2000h to 2005 std , then My guess is that Mig27 thanks to its high rate of crashes in the last 2 yrs could be scraped

and what was mirage costs in 1980..?

somewhere around USD30ml.....

so , what new in it , even in 2005 MoD ready to buy them at USD37ml...

Oh come on, like new Mirage 2000-9 not like the old once!
They paid $2 billions for 32 new M2K-9 which translates to $62,5 millions each. They even paid another $500 million to upgrade the older once to the same level, that alone are around $16 millions each + the costs of the fighter itself think they want to sell them for only half the price. :disagree:

I guess you are talking about Price..
Regarding their condition..Be assured they are almost brand new..Some of them are ~10 yrs old..

if i would have been talking about price than i should suggest india to go for mig-35

This is connected to Rafale in NO WAY. It is a different deal under which Dassault and IAF have decided to modernize Mirage 2000s.

Mods please change the title of the thread to its relevance.

300 su 30 mki's
200 or rafales
200lca tejas

If we could focus all of our efforts on meeting these numbers, that would be amazing.

I think the mirage and mig 27/29 upgrades are a waste of money. use that money to buy more su 30's and rafales brand new off the shelf. Take the rest of the money and us it to get the LCA up to 30 built a year.

HAL could stop wasting time on upgrades and just build the 3 fighter aircraft.

SU 30 air dominance

Rafale ground attack/ Electronic warfare/ support

LCA point defense

having more than 3 fighters is kind of ridiculous. Better to focus on 3 fighters and simplify the IAF. Fewer spares, weapons, repair and service hours would be required.

I think it could be done.

Not really the same.. And since you live in the US, you know how easy it is to buy a good used car if you do enough due diligence. Admiral Gork is a good example.. and most of the additional F 16 Pakistan is getting a really refurbished oldies.. arent they..

I really wouldnt mind buying 80 of these(fully refurbished) for the price of 30-40 gripens and buy 100 super hornets instead of 126.

I mean, give me 100 super bugs and 80 M2ks-9 over 126 Super bugs any day...

Admiral Gork is crap.....come on bro....don;t inflate or BS yourself. My issue is the planes India are buying are mostly 4th generation while CHina is on 5th gen NOW

Its a good deal and in now way realated to mmrca deal m2k is a great jet and we all know that these jets can serve us for 15+ years modt of them are upgraded to the highest standard so imo we should get them if they are guven at a price of under 40 million each It will be a good stop gap measure will help the iaf to keep up its sqd strength plus we have the infra knowledge and skills to operate them we should get them and any way they are better than our old mig 21 and 27

There is no news of above on National Television or main stream news papers. Appears to be Farse to me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom