What's new

Twin Blasts in Quetta, 15 dead

News articles:

‘Quetta Suicide Bomber Identified as Afghan National’: Authorities | The Baloch Hal

I would rather wait for something more substantive and reputed. This one does not even contain the time of publishing.

Twin suicide blasts kill 23 people in Pakistan - The Globe and Mail

^^This one does not contain even a thing about Ahmad Gul.

I am sure you can dig out something better.

Edit:

I just found out the truth behind your links that you have trusted so much that you went on to accuse me of theorizing conspiracies:

TheBalochHal.com that you read in your desperate bid, had posted its "speculation" on early 7th Sept.

Whereas, till noon on 8th the investigators were wondering what to match the lips and skull with of that face that you call "intact".

And the second link... says nothing whatsoever about the identity.

So Bilal, you are yet to show us that the man was undoubtedly an Afghan national.

Dude, there is much more substantial stuff, but you don't know how to read Urdu. Here is the source:

Daily Express News Story

You think the Quetta blast was a small time story to have died down in a day? Let other news papers take a cue from Daily Express News and post it for us to read. I can read Urdu somewhat, but I am not wasting my time and efforts on Daily Express News.

If that kind of news source is what took you to accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist... then I don't know what to say anymore.

The terrorists have retaliated to the capturing of the Al-Qaeda leader Younis Al-Mauritani by orchestrating this latest suicidal attack. If Al-Qaeda, TTP and their counterparts are retaliating because the government of Pakistan is countering insurgency,then we must ask…..Is not this a war with you, the US, and any peace loving person that stands against their extremism? This latest act of terror once again serves as a reminder that we are facing an enemy fully set on destroying our sovereignty.

Is it not insanity that the arrest of a terrorist is being used as an excuse to target and kill the Pakistani officials who are serving their nation and protecting its citizens? Do we not need to think about these questions and help eliminate the likes of Al-Qaeda and Taliban once and for all? The US wishes a stable and safe environment in Pakistan for the sake of both nations and will continue to fully support Pakistan in fighting terrorism. The government of Pakistan has the full support of the US in its effort to eliminate the Taliban and Al Qaida menace once and for all so this terror is stopped and people of the region can live free of fear.
We offer our most sincere condolences to the people of Pakistan, especially those with loved ones lost in this senseless act of violence.

CDR Bill Speaks
DET- United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

You think the Quetta blast was a small time story to have died down in a day? Let other news papers take a cue from Daily Express News and post it for us to read. I can read Urdu somewhat, but I am not wasting my time and efforts on Daily Express News.

If that kind of news source is what took you to accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist... then I don't know what to say anymore.

Daily Express News is one of the reputable newspapers in Pakistan. You asked me for a source, I gave you one. If you don't want to believe it, that's ok. Nothing can convince you if your mind is set in stone.

Daily Express News is one of the reputable newspapers in Pakistan. You asked me for a source, I gave you one. If you don't want to believe it, that's ok. Nothing can convince you if your mind is set in stone.

The only one person who claims that all the news media is a lie, is none but you.

Then, when you cannot find a single piece to substantiate your contention, you bring in something that one cannot even read.

You cite a source, and God knows what the heck is written in there.

And if I ask for a source, or if do not believe you blindly, then I am a conspiracy theorist.

You will not believe world's most reputed newspapers, or research centers, but you will believe something that cites a blog - Yes, your BalochHal.com cited a blog!

Yes you will believe it, because it says what you want to believe; truth has no business between you and your belief here.

May be it's about time you let it go and not try to push it so hard; others can look for the truth themselves. Otherwise you know, reverse psychology kicks in.

The only one person who claims that all the news media is a lie, is none but you.

There is a difference between speculations made by thinktanks basing 'evidence' quoting unnamed officials, & facts based on real events that have transpired.

Then, when you cannot find a single piece to substantiate your contention, you bring in something that one cannot even read.

Pakistan's local media reports in Urdu, & if you can't read it, it's not their problem. Other people here can.

And if I ask for a source, or if do not believe you blindly, then I am a conspiracy theorist.

See above.

You will not believe world's most reputed newspapers, or research centers, but you will believe something that cites a blog - Yes, your BalochHal.com cited a blog!

Yes you will believe it, because it says what you want to believe; truth has no business between you and your belief here.

There is a difference between speculations made by thinktanks basing their 'evidence' quoting unnamed officials, & facts based on real events that have transpired. You know where you stand.

May be it's about time you let it go and not try to push it so hard; others can look for the truth themselves. Otherwise you know, reverse psychology kicks in.

I think the sources are good. It wouldnt have mattered what source Bilal put on here you was ready to knock it back immediately. Why? I think its because your mind is already made up in what you believe. I saw this coming about 10 posts ago. You wont believe the source because it says what you DONT want to believe.

There is a difference between speculations made by thinktanks basing 'evidence' quoting unnamed officials, & facts based on real events that have transpired.

Shahid Javed Burki is a former finance minister of Pakistan and vice-president of the World Bank​, and is currently chairman of the Institute of Public Policy, Lahore. But you would have known of him only, if you had bothered to read.

Pakistan's local media reports in Urdu, & if you can't read it, it's not their problem. Other people here can.

Then you should not have quoted it to me.

See Bilal, I am still firm on my stand that the identity of the suicide bomber is not known yet, so it will be merely a speculation whether he was from Afghanistan, or somewhere else. You should not be pointing fingers around without any proof. It is called baseless accusation.

And I am firm because no credible newspaper has reported on his identity. Till noon, his so called 'íntact' face with just the lips and the skull was presumed to be useful in matching with the ID found in his pocket. And that statement came from the authorities.

So any news piece giving out his identity prior to that time will be contradicting the authorities, means - outright lying!

I would say, wait a while. Do not already say he is Afghan or whatever. Just wait a while, it should come out soon.

I think the sources are good. It wouldnt have mattered what source Bilal put on here you was ready to knock it back immediately. Why? I think its because your mind is already made up in what you believe. I saw this coming about 10 posts ago. You wont believe the source because it says what you DONT want to believe.

I wonder if this will satisfy him or not:

The Hindu : News / International : Afghan behind Quetta blast

Probably not. There is nothing one can do to change a man's mind that is set in stone.

Shahid Javed Burki is a former finance minister of Pakistan and vice-president of the World Bank​, and is currently chairman of the Institute of Public Policy, Lahore. But you would have known of him only, if you had bothered to read.

I wasn't referring to anything specific, but to the numerous posts you made earlier about the 'endgame in Afghanistan'.

Is The Hindu credible enough for you?

I will tell you what is a made up mind.

A made up mind is the one that has not read the news properly and yet reiterated that the bomber was Afghan, even before the authorities said anything on the matter - That's what a made up mind is.

A made up mind got caught when at the time he was saying the bomber is identified; in actuality the authorities were making comments about the condition of the head, and clearly mentioned that identity is not confirmed.

A made up mind is the one that thinks just a pair of severed lips and the skull makeup an "intact head" and are enough to identify the face with an ID card, when at the same time the authorities are saying they will give it a try. That's what a made up mind is.

And you are in fact lying when you say I immediately knocked his sources back - A big fat NO, because I always read every single piece and source posted by Bilal, to all the minute details, before coming back to show how rotten the sources were.

You are also lying that you read the last 10 posts. Because if you had read the last 10 posts, you would have seen that I am progressing step by step with the statement of the authorities, and not calling the bomber Afghan/Pakistani/Whatever.

So, of all the people, you do not come out here saying I have a made up mind.

Let it be between me and him, and see what the authorities say. We will soon know whether authorities are too slow, or he is having some undeniable premonitions.

I wasn't referring to anything specific, but to the numerous posts you made earlier about the 'endgame in Afghanistan'.

Oh yes you were being very specific. Just as you are now. The endgame in Afghanistan. I mentioned his name because of the matter in this statement that you have been refuting for so long:
As the escapees developed sanctuaries in Pakistan’s tribal belt, from where they were soon launching attacks on US and Nato forces in Afghanistan, the pressure on Pakistan to use force to finish off these remnants of the fight grew. Pakistan claimed that it did not have the capacity to do so, and also implied that it was not in its strategic interest to turn all such groups into its enemies; it would need some of them to protect (and project) its interests in Afghanistan once foreign forces left the country.

Is The Hindu credible enough for you?

Believe it or not, I read that piece of The Hindu day before yesterday itself, way before the authorities (yesterday noon) said that they are yet to match the face with the ID card, and the identity is not confirmed (Dawn).

Bilal there is no point arguing with one who on one hand is lecturing you about speculations and yet his own may be him self as well dont even wait for a sec before pointing fingers at us. And any ways arguing with them is like going in circles. And sources, well they will believe a dog if he tells them that Pakistan did something wrong. Anything else is just speculations and yada yada yada,,,,

circular-reasoning-works-because.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom