What's new

Twin Blasts in Quetta, 15 dead

Believe it or not, I read that piece of The Hindu day before yesterday itself, way before the authorities (yesterday noon) said that they are yet to match the face with the ID card, and the identity is not confirmed (Dawn).

This is what Dawn says:

One of the suicide attackers was identified as Ahmed Gul, a 21-year-old Afghan refugee

http://www.dawn.com/2011/09/08/fc-b...ong-28-killed-suicide-blasts-rock-quetta.html

Where did Dawn say his identity was not confirmed? No where does it say that.

This is what Dawn says:

That was Xinhua. While reading Dawn, and Xinhua, I miswrote of Xinhua as Dawn.

Same date (7th September 2011), but in the evening:

Xinhua

Now, I hope you would care to share Dawn's latest news and views on the matter, that say the bomber was most certainly Ahmad Gul from Kunduz?

That was Xinhua. While reading Dawn, and Xinhua, I miswrote of Xinhua as Dawn.

Same date (7th September 2011), but in the evening:

Xinhua

Now, I hope you would care to share Dawn's latest news and views on the matter, that say the bomber was most certainly Ahmad Gul from Kunduz?

Here it says that:

One of the suicide attackers was identified as Ahmed Gul, a 21-year-old Afghan refugee. His ID card was found at the bombing site. He belonged to the province of Kunduz in Afghanistan and, according to address mentioned in the card, he was living in a refugee camp in Peshawar.

FC brigadier

Xinhua isn't as reputed as The Dawn is on Pakistani local news, is it?

This is what Dawn says:

Here are quotes from English Newspapers of Pakistan: Express tribune and THE NEWS to satisfy the Mr President that DAWN is not the only newspaper in Pakistan to look for news and if he read his news from Xinhua, then he should have bothered to read some from Pakistani sources too instead of engaging in useless bickering

The head of one of the suicide bombers had been found, and the features indicated he may have been from Afghanistan’s Tajik ethnic group, a senior security official told Reuters.

Shakil added that an identity card was also found inside Shehzad’s house which probably belongs to one of the bombers. The card identified the bomber as Ahmed Gul, son of Sayed Gul, resident of Peshawar.

“The 19-year-old boy belonged to Kundoz province of Afghanistan and he might have obtained the identity card from Peshawar,” a senior investigator told The Express Tribune. Ball bearings and two hand grenades were also recovered from the site.

Terror in Quetta: Taliban

In the double suicidal attacks, “one of the bombers was identified as Ahmed Gul s/o Saeed Gul as his Afghan refugee card showed that he belonged to Kunduz province of Afghanistan,” said DIG police Hamid Shakil while talking to journalists on the spot

DIG

Here it says that:

FC brigadier

Xinhua isn't as reputed as The Dawn is on Pakistani local news, is it?

Of course, when the authorities say that, I have no problem with it.

But Xinhua is no less reputed, and at the time when Xinhua was reporting it, all other news sites were way far behind in accuracy. This news piece came much later. And you should not expect me to believe anything unless, I do see it in black and white.

@Mafiya, you too are committing the same mistake of reading more than what is written.

Here's what your news piece reads:

Shakil added that an identity card was also found inside Shehzad’s house which probably belongs to one of the bombers. The card identified the bomber as Ahmed Gul, son of Sayed Gul, resident of Peshawar.

Take care of the words, and never claim a thing without the required degree of certainty.

Ehsanullah Ehsan has already claimed the responsibility.

For your information, which you don't know, ehsan ullah ehsan is believed to be in Kunar province. And stop playing with words, firstly you were not believeing our words, and when we showed you the relevant texts, you start doubting it.

Don't change your Stance too quickly. Either You believe it, or YOU DON'T.

Yeah, they were twin suicide blasts, why do you ask?

And the head of the one they claim to be Ahmad Gul, was found 100 meters away on a rooftop, completely severed - That's the report.

No one claims it to be, they have identified it. Please learn the difference.

The Afghan bomber could have been working for the TTP or anyone else, that doesn't negate the point that he is an Afghan.

No one claims it to be, they have identified it. Please learn the difference.

The Afghan bomber could have been working for the TTP or anyone else, that doesn't negate the point that he is an Afghan.

I very well know the difference between claim and complete identification.

You are still stressing so hard on his being an Afghan as if I have a problem with that. The only problem I have is with the presumption that he was an Afghan/Pakistan/Indian/Anyone. And indeed it was a presumption because you were stressing on his being an Afghan way before the matter even got cleared.

Yeah, they were twin suicide blasts, why do you ask?

And the head of the one they claim to be Ahmad Gul, was found 100 meters away on a rooftop, completely severed - That's the report.

Where does it say completely severed? Making that one up too?

I very well know the difference between claim and complete identification.

You are still stressing so hard on his being an Afghan as if I have a problem with that. The only problem I have is with the presumption that he is an Afghan/Pakistan/Indian/Anyone. And indeed it was a presumption because you were stressing on his being an Afghan way before the matter even got cleared.

I remeber clearly, When 26/11 attacks were occurred.You found Pakistani ID's with Terrorists, and your whole MEDIA plus Security Appratus got stuck to this point instead of investigating the claim properly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom