What's new

Turks, do most Muslims practice Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its not. Islam in Turkey is WAY more influential as compared with Islam in Iran.

Turks chose an Islamic party to rule them. No rigging, no trouble , no Mullah regime , no propaganda , no nothing...but yet Turks chose Islamic party to govern their society. Iranians , specially young Iranians , aren't happy at all about the current state of affairs in their country. They are fed up of "strict Mullahocracy" ... So 'Islam' is kind imposed on them...unlike in Turkey. In survey's , people respond what they think ...hence Turks are shown as "more religious" than Iranians. Iranians might say more prayers than turks but that doesn't increase the importance of religion in their personal life.

Eastern Turkey is pretty much "conservative" as compared to secular Izmir etc ...Correct me if I am wrong...

Correct me if I'm not wrong but I'm the one who is living in that country right ? majority of AKP voters are simple citizenz who have not a clear political view, we can compare the religiousness of Turkey to for example to Lebanon not someone like Iran.

If we compare Turkey to Iran or another conservative state in diablo 3 diffuculty levels, Turkey would be Nightmare, Iran and others would be Inferno.

I don't know about others but I have a good friend from Turkey and he prays 5 times daily, doesn't eat non-halal meat and doesn't drink alcohol.

Edit: He's a Galatasaray supporter :partay:

Well by practising İslam if you mean raping,torturing,bullying women & children,hanging people on the streets because of their sexual preference or banning women from dancing with men,banning women from driving(facepalm),brainwashing people to commit suicide for the name of Allah(?!) like they do in Afghanistan,Pakistan,Iran,Saudi Arabia etc..Nope majority of turks do not practice Islam...

Some use Islam for personal agenda some like tayyip use it for political agenda and a minority of people like my parents who btw hardcorde kemalists just practise islam because they belive in it.I'm an atheist and my parents prays 5 times a day but we get along fine.Noone force their believes onto others in our house.We joke around time to time but thats about it...Unfortunately can't say the same thing for the rest of islamic(?) aka arabized world.

Turkey need to ban Kemalists (approximately 40%) and force them to follow Ottoman Turks styles, it was good old days during Ottoman Empires.

Please don't worship West, NATO and EU membership obsessions. :)

No its not. Islam in Turkey is WAY more influential as compared with Islam in Iran.

Turks chose an Islamic party to rule them. No rigging, no trouble , no Mullah regime , no propaganda , no nothing...but yet Turks chose Islamic party to govern their society. Iranians , specially young Iranians , aren't happy at all about the current state of affairs in their country. They are fed up of "strict Mullahocracy" ... So 'Islam' is kind imposed on them...unlike in Turkey. In survey's , people respond what they think ...hence Turks are shown as "more religious" than Iranians. Iranians might say more prayers than turks but that doesn't increase the importance of religion in their personal life.

Eastern Turkey is pretty much "conservative" as compared to secular Izmir etc ...Correct me if I am wrong...

Your analysis on religiosity of Iran and Turkey is correct the Iranian regime is based on Shia Ithna Ashari Usuli school of thought with the political ideology of governance stemmed from Vilayet Faghih of late Ayatollah Khomeini and most of the young Iranian think that the system is forced on them, they are least religious and more westernized unlike Turkey where people follow religion with their choice and even fighting to get their religious rights back by annulling the policies imposed by Kemalist secular elites.

Turkey need to ban Kemalists (approximately 40%) and force them to follow Ottoman Turks styles, it was good old days during Ottoman Empires.

Please don't worship West, NATO and EU membership obsessions. :)

Kemalists do not worship west nor nato..tayyip and likes of him are the ones who are sucking up to nato and obssessed with eu membership.Furthermore This country is founded on Kemalist principles.If you dont like it you either gtfo or stfu.

Approximately %40 ? Where did you pull that number from ? Let me guess from your arse ? Do you have any idea why tayyip has to have Ataturk posters next to him at every rally or how he quotes him at every chance ? Do you realise the moment he say anything remotely bad about Atatürk his party would go down before he could say 'I'm an arab wanna be'..Please do not talk about subjects that you have no idea..

Western emperializm deafeted the Turks by culture war. There is almost no Turkish culture left in Turkey. Everybody tries to be a western modern people and inferiority their own Turkish ego, their ID.

100 years ago when the zionist elite did a Basel meeting they noticed 3 points and wanted to bring it alive. 1. Taking Abdul Hamid from his throne. 2. Destroying the Ottoman Empire and 3. Destroying the Islam in 100 years.

You can destroy Islam by 2 ways. 1. Banning it. 2. Changing its origin.

If we look to Turkey now, we almost see no Islam left. Elhamdulillah still the adhaan is going on but almost no people left that practising the Islam. If you dont practice your religion with ichlaas, Allah will never send a victory from the Heavens. If you dont have imaan, if you dont live like the ahlaaq of the prophet Muhammad sallallaahu aleyhe wa sallam, you will be doomed to lose.

Turkey is a real messed up country. The emperialist elite created two sides. One side are the so called muslims that are agains Ataturk and the current system, the other side are the so called kemalist that are modern and see the Islam reactionary. These both groups dont nothing know about the Islam and only pursue for own interests.

We must defend our Turkish culture and our beutiful religion Islam. Islam is the only way for us to reorganize and cleaning our self up. I dont want that my nation live in immorality. Turks 100 years ago where very decent but now? Nobody knows how to respect parents, nobody knows how Islam starting and what the main message of the Islam is etc. etc.

Well by practising İslam if you mean raping,torturing,bullying women & children,hanging people on the streets because of their sexual preference or banning women from dancing with men,banning women from driving(facepalm),brainwashing people to commit suicide for the name of Allah(?!) like they do in Afghanistan,Pakistan,Iran,Saudi Arabia etc..Nope majority of turks do not practice Islam...

Some use Islam for personal agenda some like tayyip use it for political agenda and a minority of people like my parents who btw hardcorde kemalists just practise islam because they belive in it.I'm an atheist and my parents prays 5 times a day but we get along fine.Noone force their believes onto others in our house.We joke around time to time but thats about it...Unfortunately can't say the same thing for the rest of islamic(?) aka arabized world.

Well , and this is meaning of Islam from a Pan Turk ( kemallist ) ....

IMO Turks are full of oppositions , they want revive Ottoman empire ( a so called religious empire that attacked our country by saying that Persians are kafir ) but now they are secular !!
they want become middle east leader and they are pan Turk and seeing themselves above of both Arabs and Iranian !!
they claim that they are support Palestinian and they are Israel main ally in middle east !!!
they are saying that they are independent but in other hand they only doing what USA order them !!
they call themselves true Muslim and in other hand they calling themselves secular !!!

@ explorer9 :

again you , Indian come and saying your nonsense !?

And i am a young Turk with a beard. I have a beard because Allah orders it and i love it. But when some Turkish people see mee, they call me immidiatly enemy of Ataturk blablabla. Man, let these things go. I love to be a Turk and i love that Ataturk saved us agains emperialism. I am a nationalist but not a racist. Nationalism is not forbidden in Islam only if pass the limits.

Your analysis on religiosity of Iran and Turkey is correct the Iranian regime is based on Shia Ithna Ashari Usuli school of thought with the political ideology of governance stemmed from Vilayet Faghih of late Ayatollah Khomeini and most of the young Iranian think that the system is forced on them, they are least religious and more westernized unlike Turkey where people follow religion with their choice and even fighting to get their religious rights back by annulling the policies imposed by Kemalist secular elites.

Man you are filled with propaganda.
In Iran,young people choose freely whether they want to be religious or not,no one forces the religion to them.Yes the government is based on religion.
I am an Iranian youth,i live in Iran and I'm not much of a religious guy,yet I call myself a Muslim.No one forces me to pray everyday,no one forces me to do religious activities.
In Iran there are different types of people,some are atheists,some believe in God but don't consider themselves as Muslims (including religious minorities like Christians,Jews and Zoroastrians ),some are moderate Muslims and for some others,religion is their whole life.
I don't comment on Turkey because i haven't visited there yet,but I've heard in terms of its people's eagerness towards religion,Turkey is somehow like Iran. (Not the governing system,I'm talking about people here)

Dont know about the majority but my Cousin went to Haj and there she noticed that Turk women cover their body in a better way that many Pakistanis.

Well , and this is meaning of Islam from a Pan Turk ( kemallist )

Stop talking about things you dont know. This has nothing to do with kemalizm or whatever. There is no kemalizm in Turkey. Stop deviding people in two groups these.. We must protect our self from beeing a toy of the emperialist elites. What he say is just based on the lies of western propaganda. This has nothing to do with Ataturk or whatever.

Raping woman bulying or torturing womans in Islam is a huge lie of west.

The prophet Muhammad Sallallaahu aleyhe wa sallam did a last speech to his ummah at his farewell pilgrimage. And if you hold a last speech, you need to use the most important words. And one of them where for the muslim men. He said: “Have fear of Allah when treating women.'' This means that the husbands must push their hearts to treat women good.

Also we see many hadiths that tell us the treat the women good. You know these west people they started 30 years ago with women rights women this women that. Dude, the Islam talked first about women rights and even 1400 years ago.

Well, i cant speak for the majority but i can speak for myself, my neighbourhood, my school(Istanbul University)..I would say, around %90 of us are Muslims..Most of the men do Friday Prayer in my neighbourhood but i cant say that for my school mates..In Ramadan, almost all of us fast in my neighbourhood but again i cant say the same for my school(I would say %50-50) Thats about it..So imho, the answer is no..Not most of the Turks practise Islam in everyday life..Thats my observation

Don't trust any surveys and statistics you did not fake yourself is a famous saying among statisticans.

Its still a taboo in Turkey to say you're not a Muslim or don't take religion seriously. In fact many Turks are somehow like the Christians in Europe, who will still say that they're Christian but only visist the church once/twice a month and on important holidays. I don't know anyone who's going to the mosque everyday and I lived in Izmir (inatla!), Istanbul and Ankara. The devout guys usually only go on Fridays because Work, Family > Religion. If he had a open minded society and ID's that would actually allow you to state I'm not religious (which is not allowed in Turkey) those statistics and data would look so much different. Its funny how so many people claim that Kemalists are Atheist, when you're not even allowed to state that you're an Atheist in your ID even if you want to do so. Don't buy all those lies people are telling you.

Of course there are regions where people are still conservative, that means pretty much everything eastwards from Ankara, but I would bet my *** that the west of Turkey is not what you would call practicing Muslims at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom