What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

Actually targeting export market not logic for Vestel. We dont have our own engines. That mean we cant export any expensive stuff to others.

Also if you want catapult capability you cant cary missiles. I dont think its a failure.

Not only engine,but also E/O.Additionally IMO self propelled munition is another necessity...

Karayel is equipped with L-3 and Anka equipped with Star Saphire.I do not think that we gonna see CATS in near future on board.( I am not mentioning abt mock up)

News,
Minister of defence told that Karayel couldn't fullfill their "cataculp" requerement.He said that we will have extra 60-70 unmanned veichels and 40-50 of them will most probably be from Bayraktar.He said that Anka will be in service after 2 years.

News,
Minister of defence told that Karayel couldn't fullfill their "cataculp" requerement.He said that we will have extra 60-70 unmanned veichels and 40-50 of them will most probably be from Bayraktar.He said that Anka will be in service after 2 years.

Wow 2 more years for anka...............!!!!!!!!!

Which Anka will be in service within 2 years? Anka-s or Anka B?

Anka is here in 2 years?? Those idiots at TAI UAV Department deserve to be fired and left to rot on the streets. Useless imbeciles.

Engine is under development but I couldn't get the lack of E/O issues. Can you please open it up ?

Anka B gonna use Starfire thats the problem. We cant produce EO system in 2016. Aselflir 300 was a disaster. CATS not taken inventory for years.

Anka B gonna use Starfire thats the problem. We cant produce EO system in 2016. Aselflir 300 was a disaster. CATS not taken inventory for years.

If you consider Anka-S to be taken inventory in 2018, Starfire integration doesn't serve to accelerate the trial process( or not ) thanks to m/l equivalent E/O payload in terms of weight and size ? What's you opinion ? How all those difficult development efforts can be named as "a joke" ? Having an alternative advice not to make it "a joke". Enlighten us please !

Last edited:
Well, when it comes to UAV I think the "race" which started with the Heron issue was good. We've got quite a few companies who has done R&D in the field and we've got Karayel, Bayraktar and somewhat ANKA.

While ANKA still seems to have issues I think Karayel and Bayraktar are much better because the companies are developing a product and finish it then test it before developing further. But my impression of ANKA is that it's a "devrim araba" a car that keeps getting changed and thus never have a finished version.

How many finished versions of ANKA do we have ? How many testflights and flight hours ? How many crash, failure. What about night, winter, cold, warm flights ?

I can understand the comments about the ppl responsible for ANKA being useless. Because ANKA is more or less the product that has been favorite of AKP and TSK, so we have probably spent a shitload of money on it.

Vestel : http://www.defenceturkey.com/index2.php?p=article&i=2255#.V1shWb5qNvA

If you consider Anka-S to be taken inventory in 2018, Starfire integration doesn't serve to accelerate the trial process( or not ) thanks to m/l equivalent E/O payload in terms of weight and size ? What's you opinion ? How all those difficult development efforts can be named as "a joke" ? Having an alternative advice not to make it "a joke". Enlighten us please !

I am not talking about difficulties. I am talking about how we bound to others. Most critical parts foreign like EO and Engine also i am curious about satcom.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom