What's new

Turkish Space Programs

According to the news our space shuttle's name will be THOR... This name has nothing to do with us... I hope news is wrong...

Başka isim mi bulamamışlar ?.. İnşallah haber doğru değildir... Bize ne Thor'dan ?..

Türkiye'den müthiş 'uzay' hamlesi - Uzay Haberleri

Thor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also...

View attachment 208939
There is a famous Turkish you know " Ölüyü Diriyi ...iktik, bi bu mu kaldı ?" diye...

Let's build a functional SLV first....

There is a famous Turkish you know " Ölüyü Diriyi ...iktik, bi bu mu kaldı ?" diye...

Let's build a functional SLV first....

No mate i don't think so... Starting studies is good for preparation IMO...

No mate i don't think so... Starting studies is good for preparation IMO...

It is good to keep uptodate in all areas. And once a technology proves usefull then we can go ahead and implement it. It all boils down to how much it will cost. In this age of private enterprizes doing all kind of things like going to space it is not too much if we try our hand in space ventures. They should go ahead and start exercising with those kind of ideas like designing own space vehicles if not implementing it right away.

Last edited:
I'm not very familiar with the subject, but does Turkey have the potential to send a man into space anytime soon? They have been benefiting from significant advancements in technology in recent decades, but I still don't know how long it's going to take to develop an independent space program with manned launch capabilities, though given Turkey's closeness to the West I'm surprised that they haven't had the chance to go through an inter-cosmos type mission cooperating with other Western states to send a man to space.

I'm not very familiar with the subject, but does Turkey have the potential to send a man into space anytime soon? They have been benefiting from significant advancements in technology in recent decades, but I still don't know how long it's going to take to develop an independent space program with manned launch capabilities, though given Turkey's closeness to the West I'm surprised that they haven't had the chance to go through an inter-cosmos type mission cooperating with other Western states to send a man to space.
The west are not dumb to easily let you have the know how through transfer of technology. Most of the term is vague. And most of the time, if you want the technology , you need to start from scratch.

I'm not talking about technology transfer, I'm talking about how it's surprising that the West has not offered to take Turkish cosmonauts on their spacecraft in missions similar to the Soviet inter-cosmos missions it held with friendly states for diplomacy's sake. You know, given Turkey's good diplomacy with the West and their status as a regional enforcer of NATO's rule.

I'm not talking about technology transfer, I'm talking about how it's surprising that the West has not offered to take Turkish cosmonauts on their spacecraft in missions similar to the Soviet inter-cosmos missions it held with friendly states for diplomacy's sake. You know, given Turkey's good diplomacy with the West and their status as a regional enforcer of NATO's rule.
How does it helps being a space tourist? I don't see any significant other than wasting tax payer money.

For diplomacy's sake. Like I said, Turkey's popular with the West, and what the Soviets did was they offered to take foreign cosmonauts to space in order to diplomatically reward the Warsaw Pact states which didn't have capable enough space programs of their own. Turkey is applicable for this treatment, that's all.

For diplomacy's sake. Like I said, Turkey's popular with the West, and what the Soviets did was they offered to take foreign cosmonauts to space in order to diplomatically reward the Warsaw Pact states which didn't have capable enough space programs of their own. Turkey is applicable for this treatment, that's all.
Turkey would have long enter EU if they are that popular. The west see themselves as Christian. And turkey? I do not wish to say the hard truth.

Former President Gül wanted to do that and asked it from the U.S but there wasn't a positive response. Turkey can realise manned flight to space in 15 years if we had the budget or the will per se.

Even the U.S govt can't send men to space anymore. So it is not a big lag for us not being able to do so. We will do that kind of missions only when the tech is cheaper and there are more benefits to reap from doing so. But we are definitely moving in that direction.

Turkey would have long enter EU if they are that popular. The west see themselves as Christian. And turkey? I do not wish to say the hard truth.

The hard truth is EU is disintegrating and Turkey won't take the Balkan Countries back to our protection.

Former President Gül wanted to do that and asked it from the U.S but there wasn't a positive response. Turkey can realise manned flight to space in 15 years if we had the budget or the will per se.

Even the U.S govt can't send men to space anymore. So it is not a big lag for us not being able to do so. We will do that kind of missions only when the tech is cheaper and there are more benefits to reap from doing so. But we are definitely moving in that direction.

No you can't, it's not as simple as you say. Talk is cheap. Prove it.

As for America, not able to send man to space is all about budget. They have done this hundred of times and prove themselves before. While this can't be truth for turkey. 15 years is too short. 30years, maybe.

I see.

Maybe in the future Turkey will be able to, but right now only Russia has the means to send men to space. All the great minds who made space travel possible are now dead and industrialized countries suffer brain drain, so things aren't looking good for the world when it comes to space travel :\

The hard truth is EU is disintegrating and Turkey won't take the Balkan Countries back to our protection.

I wish the EU would disintegrate, but unfortunately I don't see that happening... But hey, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised in the future. The Balkan countries don't really need "protection" from any foreign power, no one cares about the Balkans anymore, and them being part of the Ottoman Empire wasn't really "protecting" them.

No you can't, it's not as simple as you say. Talk is cheap. Prove it.

As for America, not able to send man to space is all about budget. They have done this hundred of times and prove themselves before. While this can't be truth for turkey. 15 years is too short. 30years, maybe.

Dude your thinking is the thinking of the last century when things evolved in snail speed. Can't imagine there still are people like you walking the face of earth. Don't you see how India is going to space at a fraction of the cost it costed to the U.S. Don't you see how countries are willing to share their technology to lower their costs of development. Isn't it how we acquired many of the tech that we use now, like in the case of ATAK chopper. Americans did it because they had the disposable income that they can spend on development. And now we have that money. R&D expenditures are at 0.95% now, and the govt is determined to carry it to 3%, more that three times as much as it is now. Design capabilities of today is an order of magnitude more advanced then even just a decade ago. You don't even need supercomputers to do design work. And you don't have to build yourself, like Americans did buy some Russian rockets.

I see.

Maybe in the future Turkey will be able to, but right now only Russia has the means to send men to space. All the great minds who made space travel possible are now dead and industrialized countries suffer brain drain, so things aren't looking good for the world when it comes to space travel :\

I wish the EU would disintegrate, but unfortunately I don't see that happening... But hey, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised in the future. The Balkan countries don't really need "protection" from any foreign power, no one cares about the Balkans anymore, and them being part of the Ottoman Empire wasn't really "protecting" them.

Tell it to the Greek guy who wants to come and live in Istanbul.

Some French leaders are already voicing their thoughts of leaving EU. Who wants to carry the burden of carry the burden of falling nations!

Dude your thinking is the thinking of the last century when things evolved in snail speed. Can't imagine there still are people like you walking the face of earth. Don't you see how India is going to space at a fraction of the cost it costed to the U.S. Don't you see how countries are willing to share their technology to lower their costs of development. Isn't it how we acquired many of the tech that we use now, like in the case of ATAK chopper. Americans did it because they had the disposable income that they can spend on development. And now we have that money. R&D expenditures are at 0.95% now, and the govt is determined to carry it to 3%, more that three times as much as it is now. Design capabilities of today is an order of magnitude more advanced then even just a decade ago. You don't even need supercomputers to do design work. And you don't have to build yourself, like Americans did buy some Russian rockets.
Lol. Has indian send a man to space by themselves yet? Do you know how much they have spend on manned program so far and yet to see the fruit?

Do you know how much China has spend on manned mission?

Do you know how much Russian will charge you for the technologies for manned mission tech transfer?

Lol. Has indian send a man to space by themselves yet? Do you know how much they have spend on manned program so far and yet to see the fruit?

Do you know how much China has spend on manned mission?

Do you know how much Russian will charge you for the technologies for manned mission tech transfer?

It is not tech transfer, it is buying off the shelf the subcomponents, isn't it how systems are developed? The past performance of thing is not an indication to the future when it comes to complex industries. Look at American initiatives such as SpaceX, they did things at a fraction of the cost of past endeavors. The amounts China and India spent on space venture are spent in the last few decades when tech was harder to obtain. We are living in todays world and tech spread easier because once already there are many countries who have it there is no point in trying to keep a monopoly on it and there is better benefit in sharing it. And patented tech can provide protection for only 20 years, and becomes common tech available to anyone who has internet access.

Turkey will not send manned missions to space perhaps another half century just because there is no point in doing that without direct benefit. But Turkey will certainly be capable of doing that in less then 15 years. Near Earth Orbit satellite launch initiatives have started already, and what do you thing is so hard to upgrade it to manned mission. If there is a will there is a way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom