What's new

Turkish Space Programs

Not that much reliable source, but I read that in wiki.

In 2006, Turkish minister of science, accompanied by the Turkish Ambassador to Pakistan, signed the Memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Pakistan to form a joint-venture with Pakistan in the development of satellite technology.[67] The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey and Turkish Aerospace Industries's senior ranking officials and representative signed a separate accord with the SUPARCO to enhance the cooperation in the satellite development program.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_and_Upper_Atmosphere_Research_Commission

Indian/Turkish relations in general are pretty low level, because of our relations with Pakistan.
It's a damn shame though since India has a lot to offer when it comes to space.

Indian/Turkish relations in general are pretty low level, because of our relations with Pakistan.

Yeah, Turkey is in a position to be friends and in co-ops with every one. It is a shame that our relationships with India are ignored this much.

But I foresee that over some time, this fact will definitely change. The subject is right now like more of a "national pride" etc, which is not really parallel to our own interests.

Yes for communication sats, there can be a JV in construction with ISRO. And also Turkey can request ToT of I-1K Bus for Low tonnage Sats( 1000 kg), I2K and I3K bus for 2000kg to 3000kg class sats and I4k for heavy sats.

GÖKTÜRK-1 will be launched in 1st half of 2016... Satellite's tests will be made @ TAI...

Göktürk 1 Ne Zaman Fırlatılacak? - Tarafsız Haber

1.jpg

PDF is about comparing different propulsion systems in satellites.
1-) Chemical Propulsion systems.
2-) Plasma Propulsion systems.

This study doesn't gives much info about Roketsan's satellite propulsion capabilities but It says Roketsan has been studying Chemical satellite propulsion systems since 2009.

*** Also to add this is not be confused with SLV propulsion systems which is a completely different system.

Back
Top Bottom