• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But the difference is that Kurds have always been there before the Turkic migration even started Mongolia.
Kurds have not always been there. You came later than Turks.

Anatolia was taken in 1071, it was Byzantine land. Turks fought against Byzantines. Kurds were not there. Neither Byzantines nor Turkish documents show any kurd there.

It is just propaganda. The truth is that Kurds became later. You were thrown out of Iran because of treachery and we accepted Kurds in Anatolia because you were Sunni.

unfortunately or fortunately that's not how things work anymore. harsh reality.

Yeah, this we came first, it's ours policy starts to really piss me of. İf this policy is the way to go, then the handfull of Assyrians and Armenians in that are present there, have the right to dominate that area.

Well then that's a problem then because Kurds have always had problem taking orders from a central government. Even during Ottoman time many Kurdish regions refused to pay taxes.

Well, the ottomans were also very succesfull in taming riots like that. İf Kurds want to go that way, then so will we.

ungrateful and aggressive because you seem to have an obsession with the pkk. if it was up to you, you would let the guns do the talking, or am i wrong? no one denies the Turkish govt's mistakes in the past, but it seems you are still blinded with hate. laughable, your words here speak for itself, you can't admit your own mistakes. now kindly take a break and realize that no one here is attacking Kurds, you just like to pretend and crawl in the victim's role to make yourself look like you're oppressed until you see a justification to bring pkk into this.

Where did I start mentioning PKK, please tell me. To be honest I think you guys are the sensitive ones reacting harshly when I started talking about autonomy and rights. I posted a post from the Kurdish prespective that won the majority of the provinces in the Kurdish regions. Now you just started accusing me of spreading PKK propaganda. So are BDP PKK to you?

Where did I start mentioning PKK, please tell me. To be honest I think you guys are the sensitive ones reacting harshly when I started talking about autonomy and rights. I posted a post from the Kurdish prespective that won the majority of the provinces in the Kurdish regions. Now you just started accusing me of spreading PKK propaganda. So are BDP PKK to you?
post 277. there was no reason to bring pkk into this at all. anyway, no biggie.
as for your question. bdp is the political wing of pkk. they often visit ocalan. they hugged pkk terrorists. a political party shouldnt associate itself with such things if it wants to be taken more serious on a national level.

Well, the ottomans were also very succesfull in taming riots like that. İf Kurds want to go that way, then so will we.

First of all, most of them still didn't pay taxes, Ottoman troops were sent but got killed along the mountainous terrains.

Yeah I don't think PKK would want to start a war at the moment with Turkey due to the situation in Syria. Since the majortiy of those forces and the people are linked and are supporting PKK. Only a minority is behind the Turkish marionet Barzani. And it would be quite easy for Turkey to find an excuse and invade Rojava(Syrian Kurdistan) aswell as battling PKK in Qandil and it would be quite easy for Turkey do quickly capture all of it. The geography is far away from the Kurds favor. A flat narrow huge border that could easily be taken over with cobras, tanks and jets.

post 277. there was no reason to bring pkk into this at all. anyway, no biggie.
as for your question. bdp is the political wing of pkk. they often visit ocalan. they hugged pkk terrorists. a political party shouldnt associate itself with such things if it wants to be taken more serious on a national level.

Like it or not heval but they are the Kurdish perspective. What do you want me to do, tell them not to associate themselves with PKK? Or not post at all from the Kurdish perspective? I thought it would enrich the thread :). BDP is more or less a mediator between PKK and Turkey with letters being sent from one side to another.

Kurds make up between 15%-23% of the population in Turkey. BDP won only 4% - 6% of votes.
The People have spoken.

@Al-Kurdi

The Turks arrived in Anatolia during the Turkic Migration like you said. What would your solution be to this? How would you deal with this reality?

Last edited:
Kurds make up between 15%-23% of the population in Turkey. BDP won only 4% - 6% of votes. The People have spoken.

I can agree that it doesn't look good from Pan-Kurdish eyes but there are huge flaws in comparing votes with the size of the population.

Hakkari fall from 85% to 65%(yet still the highest). Shows us once again that these elections are not all about Kurdish vs non Kurdish. Allot of People who really vote for AKP do it because they don't see any visible chance in BDP's hand to do something for them and the people are really hungry. I mean it's not possible that over 4 years 20% of the population turned "Jash". I have seen votes change in some provinces within one election over 30%. The people are generally tending from Nationalism "BDP" to economic wealth (AKP or sometimes CHP). People won't become satiated from Nationalism.

You have to put yourself into their position. Some of them vote for BDP one election, second election and hunger and still haven't seen some success in their votes. But than these people start to vote for AKP for economic wealth while at the same time those who votes for AKP earlier turn back to BDP.

Another major reason for AKPs still success is many people still hope in the peace process and think AKP might make it go on.

You must take into account the vast number of Turkish police and military that are present in the areas.
They have lost some votes in BDP strongholds (Amed, Sirnak, Hakkari) but at the same time they got key votes in other important Kurdish provinces which ends up them getting these provinces. Like Ararat, Bitlis, Siirt, Dersim etc.

In Urfa and many other places there was likely manipulation. In Urfa especially by letting Syrian refugees vote. They already said it before. That AKP is going to let 500000 Syrian refugees vote.

I already wrote about this once. You can't compare the Kurdish votes to the population size.

Kurds generally have twice as much children as Turks. The Kurdish population is at least to 70% under aged. This means only 30% of the total Kurdish population is able to vote. And this is why BDP and co is able to win most Kurdish provinces just with 8-9%. Because overall there are only 13% of votes. And since Kurds have twice as much children (of which 1/4 more are underaged) children as Turks you have to double the percentages of BDP's and co. and you will come to ~16%. This is roughly half of the total Kurdish population. And since in the Kurdish provinces together BDP and co. got slightly more than half. This does make sense.

Also do not forget that the 6.5% are only BDP votes because HDP took most Kurdish votes in Istanbul and some other areas (They had alone in Istanbul total vote of 1 mio this is around 1.5%).

So this year BDP and co. managed to get at least 2% more of total votes.

@Al-Kurdi , Turkey has long forsaken the policy of seeing any Kurdish entity as a threat.

It has always been friendly towards krg and the truth is that that approach has been quite fruitfully. Barzani has proven himself as quite a asset to Turkey.

And if you ask my personal opinion, Kurdish separatism has died in Turkey. Especially the last two decades Kurds have migrated throughout Turkey. I wouldn't be surprised that majority of the Kurds live in non Kurdish majority cities. Not to mention the fact that the bdp can barely get 50 % of majority Kurdish areas.
And last all the intermarriage also kills this separatism bs.

Another thing. BDP votes in Diyarbakir fell from 67% to 55%. This is also a sign how important it is who you set up for votes. Obviously Demirtas is more popular than Gülten Kisanak. But they needed Osman Baydemir more in Urfa than Diyarbakir.

Like it or not heval but they are the Kurdish perspective. What do you want me to do, tell them not to associate themselves with PKK? Or not post at all from the Kurdish perspective? I thought it would enrich the thread :). BDP is more or less a mediator between PKK and Turkey with letters being sent from one side to another.
as i stated before, i expect bdp, with all the chances and freedom they have so far, to increase people's life in that region. not to push for segregation, even though we know they are in bed with pkk/ocalan. that's all :)

Kurds make up between 15%-23% of the population in Turkey. BDP won only 4% - 6% of votes.
The People have spoken.

@Al-Kurdi

The Turks arrived in Anatolia during the Turkic Migration like you said. What would your solution be to this? How would you deal with this reality?
Im sure Kurds voted for bdp just because they are fellow Kurds. we will have to wait and see what bdp will bring for the Kurdish people. if they can do great things without segregation (which we have seen in the past), then we should respect it. we shouldn't forget that difference between akp and bdp was most of the time between 10~20% in the Kurdish populated regions. not too bad. next few elections will be more interesting to see.

Back
Top Bottom