Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turkish students increasingly resisting religion, study suggests

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ncreasingly-resisting-religion-study-suggests

Good news, everyone.

Thats just a global trend really. I dont see it as good news to be honest.

Not just religion, culture, traditions and also nationalism is being rejected by young people.

Nationalism is going to be dying ideology along with our identities because they are old traditions. To the young people they are obsolete.

Global trend that cant be stopped because materalism, science and technology is replacing religion, nationalism, and culture. What a shame to be honest.

Does not mean science and technology is bad and we become luddites of course not but shows how the next generation will be.

Last edited:
This is only good news for Alevis like yourself
or atheist like me

also nationalism is being rejected by young people.
i dont think so bro nationalism on the rise in turkey while religion rejected by youth and i think there is 2 reason for it the refugee crisis and akp religiousness policy which is backfiring

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ncreasingly-resisting-religion-study-suggests

Good news, everyone.

Lol, typical propagandist headlines that misrepresent the actual studies.

So every if we go by the lined study in the article (done by KONDA research)----overwhelming majority of Turks and Turkish youth are still deeply religious :lol: 95%+ of Turkish people identify themselves as Muslims (according to the linked article's sources itself). 65% of youth fasts for Ramadan (that's 2/3!!). Infact, the study linked in this article claims that percentage of Turks saying their daily prayers (Namaz) rose from 40% in 2008 to 43% in 2018.

But I bet none of you fellas cared enough to actually read the article, and read the linked study.

So you see, how dishonest Western liberal media is. They want Turkey to be less Islamic. Hence they cherry pick and exaggerate the 'decline of religion' narrative in Muslim world (They did the same with Princeton Arab Barometer Study published last year).

Islamic religiosity is a strength of Turkey. It provides a certain bond of unity among Turks beyond just the ethnic lineage. Furthermore, secular sections of Turkish society exhibit negative aspects of Westernized life such as low birth rates, less patriotism, and more affinity to 'globalized' world culture than one's own culture. These things are very well studied in various papers.....ya'll want me to link them here (Most of them are from Turkish universities themselves).

I was reading Turkish birth data for 2019. Its going bad for Turkey---with nationality fertility rate falling to a low of 1.88 kids per woman. Turkey will become much more older than France or even Russia at this rate, while not developing as much as them in critical technologies. No wonder Erdogan emphasizes on birth rates so much. He knows his country is heading towards a cliff from where it is almost impossible to recover.

Islamic religiosity = Good for Turkey.

Don't mix extremist Islamic dogma with religiosity. One is good for Turkey, other is not.

why is this good news of a propaganda report by a leftist newspaper?
This is only good news for Alevis like yourself

Correct.

Good news, everyone.

Just a quick note to everyone here bashing this:

For the past 20 years AKP and its followers have commited countless crimes against the people of Turkey, have insulted the founding father of the nation and have violated the constitution all whilst hiding behind religion.

People are being turned off Islam because of this. Add to the fact that we let in over 4.5 million of our "Muslim brothers" who have increased the crime rate exponentially by raping and murdering thousands on the streets.

This should be a wake up call.

By the way in my opinion both Islamists and liberals are counterproductive groups in our society. Turkey needs to start promoting its ancient values and customs in order to prevent people from turning into liberals.

The flow of people leaving Islam cannot be stopped. So instead of letting them turn into athiests with no set values, why doesn't the state make Tengrism an official religion along side Islam. This way people leaving Islam have an alternative which is beneficial to our society.

Just a quick note to everyone here bashing this:

For the past 20 years AKP and its followers have commited countless crimes against the people of Turkey, have insulted the founding father of the nation and have violated the constitution all whilst hiding behind religion.

People are being turned off Islam because of this. Add to the fact that we let in over 4.5 million of our "Muslim brothers" who have increased the crime rate exponentially by raping and murdering thousands on the streets.

This should be a wake up call.

By the way in my opinion both Islamists and liberals are counterproductive groups in our society. Turkey needs to start promoting its ancient values and customs in order to prevent people from turning into liberals.

The flow of people leaving Islam cannot be stopped. So instead of letting them turn into athiests with no set values, why doesn't the state make Tengrism an official religion along side Islam. This way people leaving Islam have an alternative which is beneficial to our society.

Thats the problem man I have met so many athiest turks none of them call themselves nationalistic and none of them support militarism.

A lot of them have become liberals and at worst commies or leftists.

I get annoyed when people call Tengrism is a hippie religion while ignoring its history and mythology also how war is integral to the religion.

What I find fasinating to be honest as a Muslim that its actually monotheistic. Tengrists believe in One God a lot of Muslims will dismiss Tengrism as Pagan. But Pagans like Romans, egyptians, greeks all had multiple gods while the Turks, Mongols, Huns all worshipped 1 God.

Thats the problem man I have met so many athiest turks none of them call themselves nationalistic and none of them support militarism.

A lot of them have become liberals and at worst commies or leftists.

I get annoyed when people call Tengrism is a hippie religion while ignoring its history and mythology also how war is integral to the religion.

What I find fasinating to be honest as a Muslim that its actually monotheistic. Tengrists believe in One God a lot of Muslims will dismiss Tengrism as Pagan. But Pagans like Romans, egyptians, greeks all had multiple gods while the Turks, Mongols, Huns all worshipped 1 God.

One of the things that really irk me is these liberal Turks who blatantly make fun of Tengrism. They make memes about Tengrist Turks and constantly try to sh!t on the religion even though they have no idea about it. They are trying to kill it before it even comes back.

Like for instance on r/Turkey most of the "Turks" there will instantly downvote any post about true Turkic culture. They are just a bunch of leftist traitors. When I make an anti LGBT post they accuse me of supporting AKP despite the fact that I clearly stated that I don't. When I tracked these people down I realised that they are HDP supporters. These Kurds are true pests. They will do whatever they can to defeat Turkism.

One of the things that really irk me is these liberal Turks who blatantly make fun of Tengrism. They make memes about Tengrist Turks and constantly try to sh!t on the religion even though they have no idea about it. They are trying to kill it before it even comes back.

Like for instance on r/Turkey most of the "Turks" there will instantly downvote any post about true Turkic culture. They are just a bunch of leftist traitors. When I make an anti LGBT post they accuse me of supporting AKP despite the fact that I clearly stated that I don't. When I tracked these people down I realised that they are HDP supporters. These Kurds are true pests. They will do whatever they can to defeat Turkism.

They use the dna arguement too.

They use the dna arguement too.

I absolutely hate it when they do that.

"Oh I had a DNA test and I found out that I am 33% Greek, 33% Armenian & 33 percent Kurdish.... Actually I'll let you know something... over 99% of Turkey isn't even Turk! It's just a fake race! But It's okay because we alllll like to share our cultures and even though I am an agnostic Muslim I love the Ottomans because they were sooooo multicultural. Our cuisine is the best! Peace to the world! Mwaaaah. I love all minorities and welcome everyone! Kisses to all xx"

I absolutely hate it when they do that.

"Oh I had a DNA test and I found out that I am 33% Greek, 33% Armenian & 33 percent Kurdish.... Actually I'll let you know something... over 99% of Turkey isn't even Turk! It's just a fake race! But It's okay because we alllll like to share our cultures and even though I am an agnostic Muslim I love the Ottomans because they were sooooo multicultural. Our cuisine is the best! Peace to the world! Mwaaaah. I love all minorities and welcome everyone! Kisses to all xx"

Look what happened to the mulitcultural Ottomans and the Austro-Hungarians every damn ethnic group deserted the empire that ruled and served them in ww1.

Turks did not desert their empire neither did the Germans and Hungarians did with their respective empire.

We nearly lost our homeland aka Anatolia due to this multicultural utopian bullcrap.

Thats just a global trend really. I dont see it as good news to be honest.

Not just religion, culture, traditions and also nationalism is being rejected by young people.

Nationalism is going to be dying ideology along with our identities because they are old traditions. To the young people they are obsolete.

Global trend that cant be stopped because materalism, science and technology is replacing religion, nationalism, and culture. What a shame to be honest.

Does not mean science and technology is bad and we become luddites of course not but shows how the next generation will be.

Was Ted Kackyskinsi right lol

Look what happened to the mulitcultural Ottomans and the Austro-Hungarians every damn ethnic group deserted the empire that ruled and served them in ww1.

Turks did not desert their empire neither did the Germans and Hungarians did with their respective empire.

We nearly lost our homeland aka Anatolia due to this multicultural utopian bullcrap.

I think Turks after Erdogan are going vote in a pseudo leftists or nationalists Islamists may be running the show now but time is not on their side hence the increase of immigration to Turkey then again Turkish foreign policy has been crap for the last decade you reap what you sow sadly but tensions are bound to happen in your society

We dont know what the future holds but it seems every generation. Young people become less religious or practising regardless of which religion they follow.

A lot of Muslims dont realise this but we will be next ones to decline I think its even started already. A lot of Muslims can go we are the fastest growing religion not realising we are declining. We may have better birth rates than the West but Muslims are not race you have many leaving.

Christians should not really celebrate because they are in much worse position. Christianity is actually dying off especially in the West may not be the case in South America or Africa or parts of Asia.

But it seems being developed leads to more people leaving religion all together.

I think Turks after Erdogan are going vote in a pseudo leftists or nationalists Islamists may be running the show now but time is not on their side hence the increase of immigration to Turkey then again Turkish foreign policy has been crap for the last decade you reap what you sow sadly but tensions are bound to happen in your society

Its been going on ever since the Ottomans were collapsing.

Our fight against the Kurds is nothing new they want make their own country in Turkey. What the Greeks and Armenians tried to do is now trying to be done by the Kurds. Greeks and Armenians may have a country but the Kurds dont hence why they are rebelling they have been rebelling ever since the 1800s. Greeks and Armenians are still whining because their territorial ireendentism has failed. If Kurdistan becomes independant the Kurds wont stop here they will continue to claim lands that dont even have kurdish majorities like Adana, Samsun and Trabzon they are now even claiming Kuwait and Azerbaijan is theirs for the taking.

Alliea of ww1 promised the Kurds a country if they turn against the Ottomans. Now the kurds use by date has past they cling onto this kurdistan bullshit.

Turkey may have other ethnic minorities but they are not a threat because they dont have huge numbers but they themselves show their two faces by undermining the Turkish republic and crying to the West how we oppress them. Islamists give them a audience because Muh Ummah is impirtant while the Leftists and Liberals give them audience due to their guilt trip.

I dont get it really if they dont like they can leave what i find so ironic they not being oppressed but have nerve to cry because the official language of Turkey is Turkish they want their own languages to be official.

@Nein

Watch the bit after 01:03:00 (1 hour and 3 minutes)

He mentions Ataturk and how he was sent by Tengri to save the Turks. He talks about how Turkism almost died in Anatolia.

@Nein

Watch the bit after 01:03:00 (1 hour and 3 minutes)

He mentions Ataturk and how he was sent by Tengri to save the Turks. He talks about how Turkism almost died in Anatolia.

20200501_193817.jpg

Its crazy how so many Turkic empires lost their Turkic heritage. One of Baburs descendants laments how their Turkic heritage got forsaken.

It seems the Ottomans and Baburs Empire have the same fate. Start as Turkic when you grow you take up other cultures and forsaken your own pretty tragic in the end.

Back
Top Bottom