• I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20160728141208_falsetrue.jpg

For Turkish Members :

Hükümetin para verip tuttuğu kişiler hazırlamış galiba? Dış basında yapılan propagandaya bir nevi karşı-propaganda yapmak için. Doğru mu?

Bence bizim gibi Kemalistler hazırlamış ülkemizin adı AB karalamalarına maruz kalmasın diye

“It is our moral obligation to recognize the Holocaust of the Armenian nation,” committee chairman MK Ya’acov Margi (Shas) said.
ShowImage.ashx

People mourn at the Tsitsernakaberd Armenian Genocide Memorial Museum in Yerevan. (photo credit:REUTERS)

The Knesset Education, Culture and Sports Committee announced on Monday that it recognizes the Armenian Genocide, in which an estimated 1.5 million Armenians were murdered by Ottoman Turks during WWI.

“It is our moral obligation to recognize the Holocaust of the Armenian nation,” committee chairman MK Ya’acov Margi (Shas) said
Margi expressed regret that the Knesset had yet to recognize the genocide and called on Knesset Speaker MK Yuli Edelstein to declare that the Israeli parliament recognizes the Armenian Genocide.

Last year Edelstein told the education committee that he would try to promote the issue and said he hopes that “MKs will know the right way to vote in the moment of truth.”

“I visited one of the Armenian memorial sites and it is very hard to ignore what I saw there,” Edelstein recounted. “I expect that I and the Knesset behave appropriately so that we can make decisions according to the moral standards of a democratic state.”

Georgette Avakian, chairwoman of the Armenian National Committee in Jerusalem, told the Knesset committee that after 101 years, the time had come for the Knesset to join parliaments around the world and the 31 countries who have already recognized the Armenian Genocide.

“The Knesset and the president of the state must recognize the genocide of our nation,” she said.

As Israel waits to normalize ties with Turkey, following an agreement reached last month, it is highly unlikely the government will pass a resolution describing the Turkish massacre of Armenians as genocide.

Such a move would immediately poison the ties between the two countries.

Turkey recalled its ambassador to Germany in June after the German parliament passed a resolution on the matter.

Israel, it should be noted, refrained from such a move even during the six years following the 2010 Mavi Marmara incident when relations between the two countries were at their lowest point. It is unlikely, therefore, to imagine that it would do so now, as ties are improving.

MK Zehava Gal-On (Meretz) who initiated the committee meeting said that “each year we instill false hope in the people who are sitting here.”

“It dishonors the Knesset to continue to go on and on about this issue, year after year, without reaching a decision that the State of Israel and the Israeli legislature recognize the genocide of the Armenian people.”

While Israel made no move toward recognizing the Armenian Genocide during the breakdown of ties with Turkey, some Jewish groups in the US – which hesitated in the past, partly because of concern about how this would impact Israeli-Turkish ties – started to do so.

In 2007 ADL head Abe Foxman fired the organization’s regional director in Boston for telling a newspaper he opposed the ADL’s long-standing refusal to recognize the massacres of the Armenians as genocide. Foxman came under a harsh criticism for the move, and backtracked, but then came under fire from some in Israel concerned that this would negatively affect Israel-Turkey ties.

Turkey’s ambassador to Israel at the time, Namik Tan, told The Jerusalem Post that Ankara expected Israel to “deliver” the American Jewish community, and ensure that the US Congress does not pass a resolution on the matter.

Seven years later, in 2014, the ADL recognized the genocide, and the American Jewish Committee did the same a short time later. In 2015 the Jewish Council for Public Affairs adopted a resolution on Armenian Genocide that called on the US Congress and the president to recognize the genocide.

Lahav Harkov contributed to this report.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Po...committee-recognizes-Armenian-genocide-463081

What is the reality of this genocide and why time after time some country or some govt or non govt agency raise this issue. ?

It is an unfortunate to read such a news. But, then again, we're dealing with a genocidal killers.
Israel killed innocent Turks not long ago. and we have Jews in Turkey support death of their own people. Funny.
@OguzSenturk he will happy be, like most Jews in Turkiye that happy to see dead goyim.

will Turkey severe its ties with them or any reaction on the part of Turks?
i m monitoring Turkish media
no credible response yet
From the op:''
it is highly unlikely the government will pass a resolution describing the Turkish massacre of Armenians as genocide''

I guess,nothing to expect.

it is highly unlikely the government will pass a resolution describing the Turkish massacre of Armenians as genocide''

I guess,nothing to expect.
are u saying its a false Flag and Israel have actually not recognized massacare
or Turkey is not gonna recognize it
i m not very bright u know
so kindly can u be precise

What is the reality of this genocide and why time after time some country or some govt or non govt agency raise this issue. ?
Armenians are Christians and whenever Christians(anyone but Muslims) died in wartime(in this case because of deportation by foot),they call it genocide or act against humanity.
They were deported for killing innocent villagers and siding with the enemy,yes there were innocent Armenians forced to march to Syria in that situation but,it was wartime ,so they decide to deport all of them.
Btw,we have 300.000 Armenians(half of them are illegal immigrants) living in Turkiye,the irony huh?
Remember the ''poor'' Yezidis,they were stuck on a mountain in Iraq surrounded by ISIS,how the west called it genocide?
ISIS and Assad killed thousands of Muslims but no-one cared or called it anything,got the double standards?

are u saying its a false Flag and Israel have actually not recognized massacare
or Turkey is not gonna recognize it
i m not very bright u know
so kindly can u be precise
Turkiye will never recognize it,Israel wont recognize it(for now) because the relationship with Turkiye is more important.

Last edited:
Armenians are Christians and whenever Christians(anyone but Muslims) died in wartime(in this case because of deportation by foot),they call it genocide or act against humanity.
They were deported for killing innocent villagers and siding with the enemy,yes there were innocent Armenians forced to march to Syria in that situation but,it was wartime ,so they decide to deport all of them.
Btw,we have 300.000 Armenians(half of them art illegal immigrants) living in Turkiye,the irony huh?
Remember the ''poor'' Yezidis,they were stuck on a mountain in Iraq surrounded by ISIS,how the west called it genocide?
ISIS and Assad killed thousands of Muslims but no-one cared or called it anything,got the double standards?

Turkiye will never recognize it,Israel wont recognize it(for now) because the relationship with Turkiye is more important.
I never study the subject, but it's known those stuff are fueled by interests and not by morality

I never study the subject, but it's known those stuff are fueled by interests and not by morality
Just think of the fact that a people taking in all kinds of refugees from many countries to the Ottoman Empire could do such a thing.
Jews,Mesketians,Ahiska's,Albanians,Bosnians,Christian and Muslim Arabs etc.
A failed state needs recognition,thats all.
Btw,only the Armenian Diaspora in France,US,Argentina and in other western countries want this recognition.
We dont care,let them have their minute.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom