Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
n_101858_1.jpg

Two people have been arrested for praising the July 15 failed coup attempt on social media and insulting President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in the Central Anatolian province of Karaman and the Black Sea province of Zonguldak.

An investigation was launched into Mehmet K. for praising the Fethullahist Terrorist Organization/Parallel State Structure (FETÖ/PDY) and insulting Erdoğan. He was detained and later arrested, Anadolu Agency reported.

In a similar incident, Hasan Kahveci, 36, was detained for praising FETÖ and insulting the president on his social media account in the Ereğli district of Zonguldak. He was later arrested.

July/20/2016

source: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tw...dia-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=101858&NewsCatID=341

Result of 1980 coup:

• 650,000 people were under arrest.
  • 1,683,000 people were blacklisted.
  • 230,000 people were tried in 210,000 lawsuits.
  • 7,000 people were recommended for the death penalty.
  • 517 persons were sentenced to death.
  • 50 of those given the death penalty were executed (26 political prisoners, 23 criminal offenders and 1 ASALA militant).
  • The files of 259 people, which had been recommended for the death penalty, were sent to the National Assembly.
  • 71,000 people were tried by articles 141, 142 and 163 of Turkish Penal Code.
  • 98,404 people were tried on charges of being members of a leftist, a rightist, a nationalist, a conservative, etc. organization.
  • 388,000 people were denied a passport.
  • 30,000 people were dismissed from their firms because they were suspects.
  • 14,000 people had their citizenship revoked.
  • 30,000 people went abroad as political refugees.
  • 300 people died in a suspicious manner.
  • 171 people died by reason of torture.
  • 937 films were banned because they were found objectionable.
  • 23,677 associations had their activities stopped.
  • 3,854 teachers, 120 lecturers and 47 judges were dismissed.
  • 400 journalists were recommended a total of 4,000 years imprisonment.
  • Journalists were sentenced 3,315 years and 6 months imprisonment.
  • 31 journalists went to jail.
  • 300 journalists were attacked.
  • 3 journalists were shot dead.
  • 300 days in which newspapers were not published.
  • 303 cases were opened for 13 major newspapers.
  • 39 tonnes of newspapers and magazines were destroyed.
  • 299 people lost their lives in prison.
  • 144 people died in a suspicious manner in prison.
  • 14 people died in hunger strikes in prison.
  • 16 people were shot while fleeing.
  • 95 people were killed in combat.
  • "Natural death report" for 73 persons was given.
  • The cause of death of 43 people was announced as "suicide".
I copied/paste this post to another forum. Someone asked me for source.

Do you have any source I can post for this?

Last edited:
What I've read is it means this.

1) Enforce curfew anywhere
2) Ban any kind of gatherings
3) Search anyone they want without any notice
4) Enforce people to carry ID's all the time
5) Stop publishing any kind of publication(books, newspapers etc.)
6) Cease organization of any NGO while the state of emergency continues.

How similar is this to France's?

To be or not to be-that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And, by opposing, end them. To die, to sleep-
- William Shakespeare (Hamlet)

Either Turkey will crush FETO (Fethullah Terrorist Org) , or FETO will crush Turkey...

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/au...nna-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=101897&NewsCatID=351

Austria has summoned Turkey’s ambassador to Vienna to explain Ankara’s links to demonstrations in Austria in support of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who is leading a crackdown after a failed coup attempt, Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz said on July 21.

Kurz told ORF radio that the ambassador would be asked whether Turkish officials encouraged thousands of people in Austria to take to the streets over recent days in support of Erdoğan after the attempt to unseat him.

“We want to clarify... which direction Turkey is going to take,” Kurz said in an interview broadcast by ORF on July 21.

“Secondly, we have evidence that the demonstrations for Erdoğan that have taken place in Vienna were called for directly from Turkey... and that, of course, is absolutely untenable and we want to protest against that,” he said.

Erdoğan declared a state of emergency on late July 20 as he widened a crackdown against thousands of members of the security forces, judiciary, civil service and academia after the failed military coup attempt.

July/21/2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cunty EU, they send their soldiers to train and equip PKK/YPG that then attack us on our own soil and yet people in their countries arent even allowed to demonstrate. One day soon we will see just how brave that twit from Vienna is...the last time he was near Erdoğan he nearly shat his pants.

It's basically the same. Not on point 5&6 though.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/au...nna-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=101897&NewsCatID=351

Austria has summoned Turkey’s ambassador to Vienna to explain Ankara’s links to demonstrations in Austria in support of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, who is leading a crackdown after a failed coup attempt, Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz said on July 21.

Kurz told ORF radio that the ambassador would be asked whether Turkish officials encouraged thousands of people in Austria to take to the streets over recent days in support of Erdoğan after the attempt to unseat him.

“We want to clarify... which direction Turkey is going to take,” Kurz said in an interview broadcast by ORF on July 21.

“Secondly, we have evidence that the demonstrations for Erdoğan that have taken place in Vienna were called for directly from Turkey... and that, of course, is absolutely untenable and we want to protest against that,” he said.

Erdoğan declared a state of emergency on late July 20 as he widened a crackdown against thousands of members of the security forces, judiciary, civil service and academia after the failed military coup attempt.

July/21/2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cunty EU, they send their soldiers to train and equip PKK/YPG that then attack us on our own soil and yet people in their countries arent even allowed to demonstrate. One day soon we will see just how brave that twit from Vienna is...the last time he was near Erdoğan he nearly shat his pants.

seems like they are very pissed off :D

what hilarious ppl..

These are options, it doesn't means that they are going to be applied...like there is no curfew anywhere.

Believe me the failed coup will only strengthen Turkey and remove the ugly imposed restrictions on the people.
The resistance of the people to the coup was unprecedented in the history. 300 people died in the process just to protect their govt, this shows how dedicated they are.

This short does not highlight even half of what Erdogan has done for Turkey. He turned the sick Turkey into a fast growing and a dynamic country both on economic and military fronts.

Such Ignorance, but enough to fool some!
Is it the picture of Gulen in your avatar?

Look at what western medias write about Erdogan and see what changed in Turkey in the last decade in terms of economy, infrastructure, technology, science- and all that while we are basically in a war against terror from 40 years, bordering the most dangerous region on Earth... I am not the biggest fan of Erdogan too but I should admit that Turkey changed a lot in the last 20 years. Even my parents admit that and always tell how poor and underdeveloped Turkey was even compared to Bulgaria when Turks from Bulgaria were escaping the Communist regime in 1989 and years before that. Now things are just the opposite- even bulgarians admit Turkey is developing fast.

I only hope that after this coup Turkey will get back stronger and more united. Turks should unite because those who hate Turkey want to see it down. For them a strong Muslim country will always be something they fear because it endangers their plans to dominate. Muslim countries, Eastern and still developing countries should try to overcome their differences and try to live with each other, cooperate, trade with one another because Westerners want to see us divided and killing each other.

PS By a "Westerner" I don't mean the regular working guy from France, USA, Germany, Belgium or whatever country some can think about- I have nothing against normal people from those countries as I have met people from a lot of countries and I know we are both the same as humans... I mean those who really rule their countries- corporations, banks and the so called financial elite that decides how to use politicians and the resources of a country.

Last edited:
Believe me the failed coup will only strengthen Turkey and remove the ugly imposed restrictions on the people.
The resistance of the people to the coup was unprecedented in the history. 300 people died in the process just to protect their govt, this shows how dedicated they are.

This short does not highlight even half of what Erdogan has done for Turkey. He turned the sick Turkey into a fast growing and a dynamic country both on economic and military fronts.

Is it the picture of Gulen in your avatar?

The coup attempt is offtopic.

The facts in economy, industry, technology, social life, education etc. have to be compared with figures and statistics.

Does the video or your post include them? Should I or others take you and video serious?

Believing is a hard feeling, however, you lack for it considering your location.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom