• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The obsession of islam from people who fear islam is noteworthy. People who practice their religion and live their daily life and go to work/school couldn't care less. A compulsory islam and/or arabic studies as second or third language, won't brainwash the young'uns. Don't worry, you will still be able to live your life as you wish, the last 13 years of "islamist" AKP rule is a testament of that. Or do people dislike the idea that headscarved women can work alongside others and study at the University?

South Korea has one of the top educational systems in the world with Finland! But insallah ours will be even better by teaching arabic in the primary schools and by imam hatips

Teaching arabic in turkish schools? :hitwall:

Don't worry, you will still be able to live your life as you wish can work alongside others and study at the University?

Since AKP came to power unmarried couples holding hands and going to coffee shops have been harrassed by the police, was all over the news. No kissing in public, no holding hands (unless you are married) no short skirts and sexy clothing on girls or you get attacked at the bus...

I doubt we'll be able to live as we want.

A friend of mine was driving in Istanbul, the police harrassed him because he had picture of Ataturk and Turkish flag in the car.

I don't know what AKP is up to but all isn't what it seems, they are acting like a gulenist sect. Maybe they are gulenists and just put on a show to fool us? I don't know, they sure act like a muslim sect.

I want to hear church bells and synagouges in Turkey, will AKP give 100% freedom to other religions? I doubt it.

Also answer this, if AKP is so muslim how come there are still bordellos in Turkey run by the state? (genelev)

eski-hayat-kadini-genelevler-kapatilsin-2925051_o.jpg

Bu kadinlara yazik ya seyi kurudu o isi yapmaktan. :cheesy:

Since AKP came to power unmarried couples holding hands and going to coffee shops have been harrassed by the police, was all over the news. No kissing in public, no holding hands (unless you are married) no short skirts and sexy clothing on girls or you get attacked at the bus...

A friend of mine was driving in Istanbul, the police harrassed him because he had picture of Ataturk and Turkish flag in the car.

I don't know what AKP is up to but all isn't what it seems, they are acting like a gulenist sect. Maybe they are gulenists and just put on a show to fool us? I don't know, they sure act like a muslim sect.

I want to hear church bells and synagouges in Turkey, will AKP give 100% freedom to other religions? I doubt it.

Also answer this, if AKP is so muslim how come there are still bordellos in Turkey run by the state? (genelev)

they have offered work and they didn't wanted, so they are going for dicks. No help further...

Resim acilmiyor kanka.
If police harass people for holding hands etc. then there is a big problem with those cops. I don't live in Turkey so i can't say exactly how is it. But i have been around Turkey both West East Central and South, also the coasts. In my experience people are pretty free to drink in bars and all that. But there is perhaps a slow religious transformation that is mostly engined through society, a bottom up process, because the tv channels seem to be broadcasting more traditional islamic values, compared with 20 years ago. I don't know if this is due to cemaats, AKP or people becoming more religious through other medium

South Korea has one of the top educational systems in the world with Finland! But insallah ours will be even better by teaching arabic in the primary schools and by imam hatips
Erdo himself lacking even in basic education... wants everyone to be like him, simple as balls

100% freedom is not even possible in the west then. You have mosque in europe (like church and synagouge in Turkey) but you will never hear the ezan (like you cannot hear bell in Turkey).

And Today minority religious have more right than before AKP or at least they are not worst :
-http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/29/world/europe/29turkey.html?_r=0
-http://Reimagining Minorities in Turkey: Before and After the AKP | Kerem Karaosmanoglu - Academia.edu

Don't you generalize too far ? I don't live in Turkey so I cannot really judge myself, but it dangerous to generalize too far with only some unfortunatly example.
In French, some mosque was wandalized should I accuse the govt ?

But concretely, what has really changed ? What law or right is not possible today with AKP's govt ? Legally what has changed after 14 years of AKP?

Last edited:
Secondly if attartuk dream of secularism still strongly supported by masses then erdogans akp wouldn't get so much support for 10 years.
Its not that people dont want secularism but the stability and the economic growth of AKP goverment, though in recent years the economic growth slowed down and stability isnt the best either but there is simply no good alternative.

gsi2-overview-1.png

I vote for AKP but I don't support Sharia myself, and I really don't think AKP can win an election anymore if they promis to install the sharia.

Its not that people dont want secularism but the stability and the economic growth of AKP goverment, though in recent years the economic growth slowed down and stability isnt the best either but there is simply no good alternative.

gsi2-overview-1.png
ratio of muslims that want sharia was about %6 in Turkey according to previous polls... now according to this it jumped to %12... seems like the direction this country is going. @Ceri and @Orez probably think this is a good thing

and maybe if we work really hard we can be awesome like Afghanistan

ratio of muslims that want sharia was about %6 in Turkey according to previous polls... now according to this it jumped to %12... seems like the direction this country is going. @Ceri and @Orez probably think this is a good thing

I remember seeing something like 20% in 90s.

Polls don't always mirror the real landscape, some pollers conduct better results than others. There can be big standard deviation. What is the quality for the polls, how are the questions asked and all this makes a difference.
As Clinton said it is the economy stupid! People vote for prosperity and they want politicians to deliver, not empty talk

Turkey will not become Afghanistan and moderate Islamist like AKP and erdogan don't want
it either .

gsi2-overview-1.png
You were living under strict secularism for ~50 year so lot of people were loving it probably as they were learning to live through it and any religious teaching/observing were ban . but when people get the chance to follow religion they start liking it .

You were living under strict secularism for ~50 year so lot of people were loving it probably as they were learning to live through it and any religious teaching/observing were ban . but when people get the chance to follow religion they start liking it .
The BS you talking about? Religion was never banned, neither was teaching nor practicing plus Turkey is secular since 92 years.

I just found the article that states that in 1999 26% of Turks wanted sharia, today it fell to around ~10% @LegionnairE the rest of the article is also interesting, overall there is a positive trend in favor of secularism.

Türkiye'de “şeriat düzeni” isteyenlerin oranı ise 1999 yılında yüzde 26'lar düzeyinde iken bugün bu oran yüzde 10'lara düştü.

Türkiye'de dindarlık araştırması

I have friends from different countries, but not gay. The few gay people I have talked to have tried to make a move on me, one asked if he could kiss me and another said he'd love to make love to me. And both of them knew I was into girls.
LOL your throwing off their Gaydar. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom