• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's just all pray we don't get a coalition government. If we do, we go back to the 80's and you can all kiss your asses goodbye

Maybe, it would be better for democracy, human rights, transparency, corruption...in these terms Turkey has never been this worse before.

Here in Holland, politicians argue about the arguments at hand. And people don't really discuss politics as much, but when they do, they also debate about the arguments at hand. They don't turn it into an argument.

In Turkey (or Turkish people abroad), the level of political discussions is low among politicians, and this also reflects on the people when they debate politics with each other. It can, at times, escalate into an argument. You can even see that sometimes in this forum among our Turkish members, matter of fact, many of us don't want to talk politics because of it.

That's what I mean when I write about politician's actions reflecting on people.

So,you're saying that Turkish politicians are immature and selfish and your solution to this is to give them absolute power via a presidential system.Logic much ?

So,you're saying that Turkish politicians are immature and selfish and your solution to this is to give them absolute power via a presidential system.Logic much ?

Turkish politicians and voters with no exception just limits their perspectives. And those who do bother to see the bigger picture are usually shunned and silenced. Long story short, Blind love is what Turkish politics is at its current stage.

Last edited:
logo-hurriyet-daily-news.png

Journalists, Armenians, gays are ‘representatives of sedition,’ Erdoğan says
BİNGÖL
n_83447_1.jpg

AA Photo

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has continued his salvoes against a number of his critics including journalists, Armenians and members of the LGBTI community ahead of the June 7 general elections, accusing them of supporting the Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP).

“Their biggest ally is Doğan Media. The Armenian lobby, homosexuals and those who believe in ‘Alevism without Ali’ – all these representatives of sedition are [the HDP’s] benefactors,” Erdoğan said during an address to citizens in the eastern province of Bingöl on June 3.

Speculation over whether the HDP, which focuses on the Kurdish issue, will be able to pass the 10 percent national election threshold is the key question that will determine how many seats the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) wins in parliament.

On June 3, the Turkish president also repeated his ever-toughening rhetoric against international media. “They also received the support of some foreign media outlets, which see Turkey as their colony,” he said.

Without mentioning the name of the AKP, which he co-founded, Erdoğan said that “everyone should go and vote for the party he or she likes.”

In recent days for different reasons, Erdoğan has slammed several media institutions including daily Hürriyet, which is owned by the Doğan Media Group, daily Cumhuriyet, the New York Times, CNN International and the BBC.

I said the level of Turkish politics is low and their opinions are too divided for them to be able to work together (in coalitions). In order to avoid coalitions in the future, one party suggested presidential system. Other parties didn't really come forward with a different solution. And looking at Turkey's political past, coalition's almost always have resulted in failure. The last coalition, Turkey endured an economical crisis.

Immature? Selfish? Where did I write any of that?
Next time try to read what I have written instead of jumping to conclusions, please.

Presidential system isn't 'absolute power' either by the way, but whatever. Not gonna debate the systems, they both have their pro's and con's.

Last edited:
Maybe, it would be better for democracy, human rights, transparency, corruption...in these terms Turkey has never been this worse before.
It would make matters worse. Try imagining a government with an Akp PM, CHP President and HDP deputy PM (for example). Such a government wouldn't survive 2 years. I despise coalitions because they slow down the decision making mechanism and weaken the institution of government as a whole. But we shall see Sunday night :)

would make matters worse. Try imagining a government with an Akp PM, CHP President and HDP deputy PM (for example). Such a government wouldn't survive 2 years. I despise coalitions because they slow down the decision making mechanism and weaken the institution of government as a whole. But we shall see Sunday night :)
I don't agree with you.

Anyways latest poll was like.

AKP %41
CHP %27,8
MHP %14,8
HDP %12.6
2015 Türkiye genel seçim anketleri - Vikipedi

Which AKP gets 236 seats while they need 276 seats to establish the government....

Even without HDP entering the parliament AKP gets 271 seats....CHP-MHP coalition would be sufficient for the government.....seems like AKP is going to be fvcked this time....I hope we will see all the crook ministers, Rıza Zerrab, Erdoğan crime family behind the bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with you.

AKP %41
CHP %27,8
MHP %14,8
HDP %12.6

Which AKP gets 236 seats while they need 276 seats to establish the government....

Even without HDP entering the parliament AKP gets 271 seats....CHP-MHP coalition would be sufficient for the government.....seems like AKP is going to be fvcked this time....I hope we will see all the crook ministers, Rıza Zerrab, Erdoğan crime family behind the bars.
Kilicdaroglu called the MHP Turkish fascists.......
So i personally think a coalition would never happen (many MHP members/voters agree with me)

Kilicdaroglu called the MHP Turkish fascists.......
So i personally think a coalition would never happen (many MHP members/voters agree with me)
They do that....especially before the elections.

When asked all party leaders says "no to coalition" because let's say MHP intends for coalition with CHP...then people would vote for CHP instead of MHP.

But after the elections.... :lol: ...let me remind you. MHP and DSP(far more left than CHP) had a coaliton back in the 99.

I think a MHP-AKP coalition is more likely then CHP-MHP-HDP coalition.

If HDP can not enter the parliament...then it's going to be CHP-MHP coalition.

I don't agree with you.

AKP %41
CHP %27,8
MHP %14,8
HDP %12.6

Pure day-dreaming.

They do that....especially before the elections.

When asked all party leaders says "no to coalition" because let's say MHP intends for coalition with CHP...then people would vote for CHP instead of MHP.

But after the elections.... :lol: ...let me remind you. MHP and DSP(far more left than CHP) had a coaliton back in the 99.

I think a MHP-AKP coalition is more likely then CHP-MHP-HDP coalition.

If HDP can not enter the parliament...then it's going to be CHP-MHP coalition.
at the moment all opposition parties are only talking about akp. it might be me, but have you ever heard mhp talking trash about chp like it did before? or vice versa? surprisingly the other Turkish parties are not talking about hdp either. they are all after akp. Imo, at the moment it might seem like chp-mhp-hdp coalition might work, but once they are 'done' with the akp, they will start quarreling with each other without a doubt. The mission, just like their promises and visions, is 'how to get rid or limit the akp', which is short vision, nothing more.
I wonder what they have been promised by Fetos since the opposition is not talking badly about them either (while the hdp and mhp as far as i know criticized Fetos before). Because even mhp is talking so unusually very negatively of the akp while the akp and mhp are closer to each other than with the chp or hdp.

CHP+MHP+HDP+Fetos+Usual Suspects = The axis of evil. Which will put an end to the military forums that we crowd by killing the brilliant progress, along with any hope we hold for future of our nation, if allowed.

We can fight!

CHP+MHP+HDP+Fetos+Usual Suspects = The axis of evil. Which will put an end to the military forums that we crowd by killing the brilliant progress, along with any hope we hold for future of our nation, if allowed.

We can fight!

How much is erdogan paying you to post all this nonsense?

We can fight!

Pretty much.

"Secularists" and Western elites are DYING to see Erdogan/AKP fall. Turkey is too big, too strategic, and potentially to powerful to be left for an independent power, since it can transform itself into independent great power in the region.

Only if all Turks understand their potential and stop being idiots. Also, AKP/Erdogan also need to stop being idiots and try to heal the Turkish society by being more inclusive.

After election and AKP's massive win (Inshallah!), Erdogan should go to Izmir, sit down with normal people/students, order Raki for them..and talk to them in a personalize fashion and tell them "My children, you are free to drink Raki. I don't drink it. Its my choice, and I respect yours. But in the end, we are all Turks and brothers!!"

Turkey has achieved too much mashallah, it shouldn't go to waste due to infighting and political divisions.

AKP, Erdogan all need to see that, Inshallah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom