• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
During our Ottoman History we had uprisings upholding the "In the name of Shah Ismail".
Since history repeats itself, such a threat is possible. thats why their loyalty can be questioned when fighting against Shia enemies. I prefer to play it safe
Well, you are a sectarian. No wonder to hear this garbage from you. The sultan himself was wrong in oppressing shiites. If you knew history, you knew that the only distinction between ottoman turks and Safavid Turks, was the sect of religion.
If you are stupid enough to think that Turkey will fight against Azerbaijan in future, and you are stupid enough to harass shiites in Anatolia, then you can worry about shiite turks be in favor of Azerbaijanis.

During our Ottoman History we had uprisings upholding the "In the name of Shah Ismail".
Since history repeats itself, such a threat is possible. thats why their loyalty can be questioned when fighting against Shia enemies. I prefer to play it safe

mate, that's just wrong example and if you think in these frames you're dead wrong.

The point which I dont understand why the word "Allah" bothers you this much ? Forget about they shout "Allahu Akbar" and imagine that they are shouting another march or song. As I said before, you dont have to sing the same song with them. You can just keep step without saying anything, but this does not mean other also should be quite because of you dont want to hear this march. We dont have such a chance to set everything according to personal request for every single person, you have to follow majority. This is a muslim country.

what's that majority rules bullcrap? and what does it have to do with being muslim country? do you want to say "if you live in muslim country, you have to obey majority's nazi attitude"? being majority doesn't give anyone any rights to bully or oppress minority. in short, majority can go **** itself. your rights (be it majority or minority) ends where someone else's rights begin.
and you aren't turkish. your words are more like middle eastern religious nutjobs'. i sense chutiya safriz in you LOL

The point which I dont understand why the word "Allah" bothers you this much ?

It doesn't. But what bothers me is that putting that in the military.

Forget about they shout "Allahu Akbar" and imagine that they are shouting another march or song. As I said before, you dont have to sing the same song with them. You can just keep step without saying anything, but this does not mean other also should be quite because of you dont want to hear this march.

All due respect, that's stupid.

We dont have such a chance to set everything according to personal request for every single person, you have to follow majority.

Ahh really? I didn't know that. I am just a guy passing nearby soldiers and feel like playing BF-4 :coffee:

This is a muslim country.

No we are not. Show me a single proof for that. We are a muslim majority country. As stated in our Constitution;

Article 2: Characteristics of the Republic

"c1. The Republic of Turkey is a democratic, secular and social state governed by the rule of law; bearing in mind the concepts of public peace, national solidarity and justice; respecting human rights; loyal to the nationalism of Atatürk, and based on the fundamental tenets set forth in the Preamble."

"c1. The Republic of Turkey is a democratic, secular and social state governed by the rule of law; bearing in mind the concepts of public peace, national solidarity and justice; respecting human rights; loyal to the nationalism of Atatürk, and based on the fundamental tenets set forth in the Preamble."

As I said before, your concept of democracy, secularism and justice is not the same with ours. I dont want to continue more for this aimless conversation. You know we will chance some parts of the constitution, includes the above article.

religious affiliation doesn't have anything to do with loyalty IMO. and ideology should be "i belong to turkey" not "i belong to sunni, shia etc." if ideology is based on religion, you'll become like iraq (remember sectarian clashes of 2007-9?)

The I belong to Turkey ideology doesn't negate differences, It can work when everyone is in a pinch, but the more comfort reaches the people, the more they want to start having more control. And when growth of control is limited due to structural limits they will seek to bypass it or work with third party foreign elements. This is the Issue. To Minimize the damage which can be conducted. Our Defence's should be maintained by the majority Ideology which in the Current case is Sunni Islam. But!!! All civilians should have the same rights.

Well, you are a sectarian. No wonder to hear this garbage from you. The sultan himself was wrong in oppressing shiites. If you knew history, you knew that the only distinction between ottoman turks and Safavid Turks, was the sect of religion.
If you are stupid enough to think that Turkey will fight against Azerbaijan in future, and you are stupid enough to harass shiites in Anatolia, then you can worry about shiite turks be in favor of Azerbaijanis.

Iran is meddling too much with Aliveliler in Turkiye, to counter this the government started soft power programs to negate Iran's meddling. And future conflict with Iran is a possibility and Iran surely will use everything it has.

Unless....., since you bring it up. Is Azerbaijan going to Backstab Turkiye please do tell that way I will adjust my views on this matter, because being comfortable with Israel is already bad enough since the track record of it leaders, but do you think thats enough for Azerbaijan to betray Turkiye

Iran is meddling too much with Aliveliler in Turkiye, to counter this the government started soft power programs to negate Iran's meddling. And future conflict with Iran is a possibility and Iran surely will use everything it has.

Unless....., since you bring it up. Is Azerbaijan going to Backstab Turkiye please do tell that way I will adjust my views on this matter, because being comfortable with Israel is already bad enough since the track record of it leaders, but do you think thats enough for Azerbaijan to betray Turkiye

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

@Turkish_FR

What exactly you think can be changed in that article ? do you think you can change the "secularism" part ? good luck with the civil war.

@Nefer

Ideology of majority is moderate nationalism, except from seperatist Kurds everyone responses to moderate patriotism, thats what bounds us,yours is a totally bullsh.t and seperatist idea, your mind is messed up.

Writing that comment down as, Very Unlikely that we Azerbaijan will betray Turkiye

@Nefer

Ideology of majority is moderate nationalism, except from seperatist Kurds everyone responses to moderate patriotism, thats what bounds us,yours is a totally bullsh.t and seperatist idea, your mind is messed up.

First to determine a point, Do we all(Turks) Accept that "Mustafa Kemal Pasha(Ataturk)" is the foundation of Turkish Nationalism and that our current nationalism cannot exist without "Mustafa Kemal Pasha(Ataturk)" as the foundation of it.

Writing that comment down as, Very Unlikely that we Azerbaijan will betray Turkiye

First to determine a point, Do we all(Turks) Accept that "Mustafa Kemal Pasha(Ataturk)" is the foundation of Turkish Nationalism and that our current nationalism cannot exist without "Mustafa Kemal Pasha(Ataturk)" as the foundation of it.

Nationalism/Patriotism is not solely relies on Atatürk, there is different kind of nationalisms in Turkey, but most people have that basic country patriotism, including Alevis, you absolutely don't know any sh.t about Alevis.

LOL, so shiites are not loyal, and only sunnis are loyal? :lol: Then have fun with your loyal Kurd, JB and ISIS fellows. There is a logical reason behind secularism which is avoiding every zealot to ruin the unity of the society by his backward taliban style foolishness.

PS. then people wonder when I say that the mentality of turkish society under sectarian AKP, is going backward with the speed of light.
Most AKPians are even dumber than Erdogan. :girl_wacko:

How can a shia Azeri be less loyal than a sunni Kurd or Arab statistically speaking?

Don't mind what they are saying. There are some AKP loonies with low IQ here but most of the Turks are not like this.

The I belong to Turkey ideology doesn't negate differences, It can work when everyone is in a pinch, but the more comfort reaches the people, the more they want to start having more control. And when growth of control is limited due to structural limits they will seek to bypass it or work with third party foreign elements. This is the Issue. To Minimize the damage which can be conducted. Our Defence's should be maintained by the majority Ideology which in the Current case is Sunni Islam. But!!! All civilians should have the same rights.

First learn to speak proper English

Then stop talking for all the Turks here.

When you are talking, talk purely for yourself. You are insulting our Azeri brothers here.

I cant believe many of these Turkish posters in this forum are such unreasonable, illogical, and off to see the truths.

can you guarantee loyalty of all sunny soldiers?
i have some knowledge about gop tea party wing. tho, they're labeled as conservatives, AFAIK their agenda is completely different. they're more like "smaller fed. gov't, take less external debt, less tax" thing. that's what i know. and correct me if i'm wrong, but they have less than 10% support within US population.
I am almost close to Tea Party, and I am an agnostic. Tea Party is about respecting constitution and conservatism, not about being a religious zealot :disagree:
You guys are right, originally it was supposed to be like that but my observation is that the more socially liberal tea partiers have kind of drifted away from the more socially conservative people like ted cruz, bachman etc.
-----------------

Best thing is if everyone in turkey accepts the different historical groups and settle all differences. No need to say this guy is a and this guy is b therefore we should treat a different than b. Everyone should be treated the same and everyones differences should be recognized but not emphasized to the point where the country can be broken apart.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom