• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no such a democracy in our dictionary and we keep our religion at the forefront in every respects. If you are such disturbed by my avatar, I can change it.
Never said anything about your avatar,none of my concern.
People called you sister and you responded without denying it.
Who is our and we?
You make such a fuss about being able to say ''Allahu Akbar'' in the armed forces as if it was not possible before.
The Turkish army is secular(laik) and will stay secular.

Never said anything about your avatar,none of my concern.
People called you sister and you responded without denying it.
Who is our and we?
You make such a fuss about being able to say ''Allahu Akbar'' in the armed forces as if it was not possible before.
The Turkish army is secular(laik) and will stay secular.

Secularism means to treat everyone equally regardless of their religious beliefs. Those who always hide behind secularims to create excuses for their intolerance, change its original meaning. Also you can see above, your role model Western people is tightly linked to their beliefs in all levels of their government and they hide it very well while they are fooling you with secularims stories.

Secularism means to treat everyone equally regardless of their religious beliefs. Those who always hide behind secularims to create excuses for their intolerance, change its original meaning. Also you can see above, your role model Western people is tightly linked to their beliefs in all levels of their government and they hide it very well while they are fooling you with secularims stories.
So they are fooling us with secularism stories huh?
Damn these westerners,we should wake up now.
But i still have a question,what are we going to do with the Alevi's,Shii's,Christians,Jews,Jezidi's,Atheists etc in our army?
Should they also shout ''Allahu Akbar''(Shii's do i believe)?
Are we going to convert them to Sunni Islam or kick them out or treat them like second class citizens?

Guys stop it pls... This is not related thread...

@Hakan dude can you take care of this topic ?
Takma kafana.

But it seperates religion from the military, not from the person itself. Yes it was worse before but explain me why it's important or so cool in a parade, seeing troops shouting "Allahu ekber"?

it's seen as a threat because there are crazies in turkish government who want to change the society according to their own religious needs and desires. and that's absent in countries that hakan posted. these countries are truly secular, for they have religious officers for every religion represented in the army (if there's a request), not only christianity as hakan wants to show.
They have the same thing in western countries especially america. You should look up Tea Party Republicans and check out their political positions.

So they are fooling us with secularism stories huh?
Damn these westerners,we should wake up now.
But i still have a question,what are we going to do with the Alevi's,Shii's,Christians,Jews,Jezidi's,Atheists etc in our army?
Should they also shout ''Allahu Akbar''(Shii's do i believe)?
Are we going to convert them to Sunni Islam or kick them out or treat them like second class citizens?

Takma kafana.
Thats one of the issues that comes up in all countries. We say ne mutlu turkum diyene but then an armenian has to say that too. Its the same thing in the U.S when grade school kids have to pledge allegiance to the U.S flag. What happens if a kid isn't a U.S citizen?

Besides arab christians are using the word allah aswell.

Can you guarantee the loyalty of those troops at all times against every enemy. If no than they shouldn't be allowed in the army in the first place.

This army always have being shouting Allah for centuries. When attacking, Mehmetçik allways wows "Allah ! Allah ! Allah!" ?
If you do that today, you are easy target to locate, get a bullet between your head and then you can go to your allah.

I think religion is part of the backbone of Turkish culture but we should have some red lines. No religion in the military. Military should be pure unemotional and rational structure. Also in science and government there shouldn't be religion. In the past religious people used religion to keep the people dumb and stop the progress of science in the Ottoman Empire.

People are travelling to the moon and mars and we are still discussing if we should shout allah allah when charging. :bad:

Can you guarantee the loyalty of those troops at all times against every enemy. If no than they shouldn't be allowed in the army in the first place.

can you guarantee loyalty of all sunny soldiers?

They have the same thing in western countries especially america. You should look up Tea Party Republicans and check out their political positions.

i have some knowledge about gop tea party wing. tho, they're labeled as conservatives, AFAIK their agenda is completely different. they're more like "smaller fed. gov't, take less external debt, less tax" thing. that's what i know. and correct me if i'm wrong, but they have less than 10% support within US population.

can you guarantee loyalty of all sunny soldiers?
Loyalty of Muslim Orthodox(Sunni) TURKISH soldiers have a lower level risk of committing traitorous acts than those of other groups. Because unlike other groups there is no other opponent Sunni group. And internally you can craft your troop propaganda more effective.

........ Wait I understand that wrong,
all sunny soldiers...... Guess we are fine unless we fight against jamaicans ?

The Joke aside, the most important factor is maintaining a good family and brotherhood spirit/structure/respect I can't see that maintained without having all the same ideology

Last edited:

I am almost close to Tea Party, and I am an agnostic. Tea Party is about respecting constitution and conservatism, not about being a religious zealot :disagree:

But it seperates religion from the military, not from the person itself. Yes it was worse before but explain me why it's important or so cool in a parade, seeing troops shouting "Allahu ekber"?

The point which I dont understand why the word "Allah" bothers you this much ? Forget about they shout "Allahu Akbar" and imagine that they are shouting another march or song. As I said before, you dont have to sing the same song with them. You can just keep step without saying anything, but this does not mean other also should be quite because of you dont want to hear this march. We dont have such a chance to set everything according to personal request for every single person, you have to follow majority. This is a muslim country.

You already answered with ''no'' which means you are biased,many of them are more Turk then those that you see as Turks.
Should we be close to the Sunni Arabs/Muslims?

LOL, so shiites are not loyal, and only sunnis are loyal? :lol: Then have fun with your loyal Kurd, JB and ISIS fellows. There is a logical reason behind secularism which is avoiding every zealot to ruin the unity of the society by his backward taliban style foolishness.

PS. then people wonder when I say that the mentality of turkish society under sectarian AKP, is going backward with the speed of light.

You already answered with ''no'' which means you are biased,many of them are more Turk then those that you see as Turks.
Should we be close to the Sunni Arabs/Muslims?

I wouldn't suggest that, I want to see Our Turkish troops with the same tenacity they showed during the Korean War.

LOL, so shiites are not loyal.

During our Ottoman History we had uprisings upholding the "In the name of Shah Ismail".
Since history repeats itself, such a threat is possible. thats why their loyalty can be questioned when fighting against Shia enemies. I prefer to play it safe

Loyalty of Muslim Orthodox(Sunni) TURKISH soldiers have a lower level risk of committing traitorous acts than those of other groups. Because unlike other groups there is no other opponent Sunni group. And internally you can craft your troop propaganda more effective.

........ Wait I understand that wrong,
all sunny soldiers...... Guess we are fine unless we fight against jamaicans ?

The Joke aside, the most important factor is maintaining a good family and brotherhood spirit/structure/respect I can't see that maintained without having all the same ideology

religious affiliation doesn't have anything to do with loyalty IMO. and ideology should be "i belong to turkey" not "i belong to sunni, shia etc." if ideology is based on religion, you'll become like iraq (remember sectarian clashes of 2007-9?)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom